Ignition Module Remote Hold in Broken ... Fix/Replacement?

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

dexter

Banned
Reaction score
I can still turn the truck on/off and drive BUT the remote will not stay in.
Is there a fix or way to find a replacement for the little part that is broken?
Below is the whole module.

The part that broke and is no longer there is the plastic surrounding the rectangular part that you push in. It is all go and I can't even find the parts.

Any ideas?

It isn't a major problem as I can still drive.
I'm afraid I will walk away with the key on the arm rest and the truck still on.

s-l1600.jpg

crash68

ACME product engineer
Staff member
Administrator
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
3.0 EcoDiesel
That ignition is sold as an assembly, your not going to be able to buy just a piece of it. You best bet is to buy one from an auto salvage and disassemble it for the piece your looking for.

OP
OP
D

dexter

Banned
Reaction score
That ignition is sold as an assembly, your not going to be able to buy just a piece of it. You best bet is to buy one from an auto salvage and disassemble it for the piece your looking for.
Thanks, good idea.

Do you know if I buy a whole new one if it is just a simple swap out? Meaning no special programming and I can use the two fobs I have?

Thanks

Last edited:

crash68

ACME product engineer
Staff member
Administrator
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
3.0 EcoDiesel
If I had to guess, the dash ignition just reads the RFID chip in the fob and the information is processed by the BCM or some security module.
@Tach_tech or @Jimmy07 would probably know for sure.

kad

Supporting Member
Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
5.7L HEMI
Thanks, good idea.

Do you know if I buy a whole new one if it is just a simple swap out? Meaning no special programming and I can use the two fobs I have?

Thanks

While I haven't needed to replace mine, everything I've read says yes, that is the case. It's just a reader that sends the info to the security module for processing.

-K