Inez Hotrods 4/6 Drop

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Quicksilver337

Reaction score
Ram Year
2016 Ram R/T
Engine
Hemi 5.7
Inez uses 2" drop control arms... rear springs have to be cut to get 6" or 7" drop

predat-r

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
4.7 v8
Doing tha Belltech drop in a few wks.......man can't wait!

Sent from my SM-N920P using Tapatalk

ramittome

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
I had talked to one of the Inez guys a couple weeks ago he told me the 4/6 dropped consisted of new control arms for the front and springs and shocks and brackets for the back and that the front reuse all of the OEM springs n shocks. That not true?

Quicksilver337

Reaction score
Ram Year
2016 Ram R/T
Engine
Hemi 5.7
I spoke to Inez himself, the control arms are a 2" drop plus a 2" belltech spring = 4" drop in the front. For the 5" drop 1/2 coil is cut on the belltech spring

For the rear belltech spring are cut to give a 6" drop. The bracket is only to relocate the upper and lower control arms. This will center the rear wheel in the bed wells and also corrects the pinion angle. The panhard bar reallocation bracket (included w/belltech) shifts the axle to it's factory location, an adjustable panhard bar could be installed to shift the axle to the accurate location.
You could reuse the front factory shocks but not for the rear.
I think if your spending the time and money on the Inez drop kit you might as well spend the extra cash on some QA1 shocks... just my .02 cents

predat-r

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
4.7 v8
Me and a good friend spent the last two days installing the 4/6 drop from Inez Hotrods and some hellwig swaybars front and rear and an Air Lift 1000 kit from Moes Performance.

It gets aligned tomorrow and then I'll relaly be able to go out and test it, but so far we never hit bumo stops and the front feels just like normal while the rear is only slightly rougher. I also haven't aired up the Air Lift 1000 bags yet.

8aca12d7aa29cec2d50c3423891efdd3.jpg

7be2f22000bfdfd023b327f4736fc600.jpg

982c439b0490d143049499d903a33389.jpg

Sent from my SM-G935V using Tapatalk
Hoping to get 24"or 26" wheels for my drop........undecided.

Sent from my SM-N920P using Tapatalk

OP
OP
M

modifiedloser

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
5.7 Hemi
I spoke to Inez himself, the control arms are a 2" drop plus a 2" belltech spring = 4" drop in the front. For the 5" drop 1/2 coil is cut on the belltech spring

For the rear belltech spring are cut to give a 6" drop. The bracket is only to relocate the upper and lower control arms. This will center the rear wheel in the bed wells and also corrects the pinion angle. The panhard bar reallocation bracket (included w/belltech) shifts the axle to it's factory location, an adjustable panhard bar could be installed to shift the axle to the accurate location.
You could reuse the front factory shocks but not for the rear.
I think if your spending the time and money on the Inez drop kit you might as well spend the extra cash on some QA1 shocks... just my .02 cents
The front is control arms only. 4 or 5 inch drop via arms depending on kit. No cutting springs. Front springs and shocks stay stock.

OP
OP
M

modifiedloser

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
5.7 Hemi
Here is the kit. Inez ships you control arms, rear brackets, rear shocks. Inez drop ships from bellwether rear springs, rear swaybar arms, and panhandle relocation bracket (also rear bump stops, but they aren't pictured).

You can cut the rear springs or not. If you don't it maintains factory rake but in a sporty lowered stance. If you do it's leveled.

Front is control arms only.

c53312af70caa19e5a8576f43d8b380f.jpg

4902806daf3c2f3bb227d08d748464fb.jpg

Quicksilver337

Reaction score
Ram Year
2016 Ram R/T
Engine
Hemi 5.7
The front is control arms only. 4 or 5 inch drop via arms depending on kit. No cutting springs. Front springs and shocks stay stock.

You are correct I misunderstood what he said...
I just ordered the kit.. you use the factory front spring and shock.

the complete kit is $1200 shipped

Quicksilver337

Reaction score
Ram Year
2016 Ram R/T
Engine
Hemi 5.7
You can cut the rear springs or not. If you don't it maintains factory rake but in a sporty lowered stance. If you do it's leveled.

Did you cut your belltech rear springs? if so how many coils?

OP
OP
M

modifiedloser

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
5.7 Hemi
Did you cut your belltech rear springs? if so how many coils?
I haven't cut mine yet. I want them to settle before I do so I can get it level. I actually kind of dig the rake right now.

ramittome

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
So basically it's a 4/4 drop and if you want the 4/6 drop as they claim you need to cut the rear springs? I'm just trying to find out all the info before I make my purchase. If this is the case, think I'm gonna stick with the McGaughy kit and get the same 4/4 drop for much cheaper and order the QA1 shocks, that way I'm changing everything out and can justify where my money is going in my opinion. Won't be reusing factory spring n shocks up front, and throwing out a brand new shock that I'm paying for with the kit. While I do like the new control arms, there's nothing wrong with the stocks.

Quicksilver337

Reaction score
Ram Year
2016 Ram R/T
Engine
Hemi 5.7
I have the McG deluxe kit (2" drop spindle and 4" rear spring) from my 2012 Ram which I removed, didn't like the way it looked. If you don't mind the tires sticking out 3/4" in the front compared to the rear then go for it..
If your getting the regular McG drop kit, they only sell a 2/4 drop

My opinion is there aren't that many drop kits for our truck but Inez Hot Rodz is got a quality product that caters to people that like to go lower than your traditional 2/4 drop.

to answer your question... for the rear a 4" drop spring is as low as they sell. In order to go lower they have to be cut, maybe 2 coils at most.

ramittome

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
IMG_20130824_093356_045_zpsb04dfcb5.jpg

This was my 2013 Ram. It has a 4/5 drop on it. Included the McGaughy deluxe 2/4 drop with the addition of their 2" front drop springs and had the rears cut down another inch. Only thing I didn't have on it was the QA1 shocks. With the shocks, everything comes to $1280. The Inez kit would be $1870 and I'd have to still cut the rears and throw out the shock they sent.

Unless you are really looking for it with a tape measure, you can't tell the fronts stick out that much.

IMG_20150503_111440410_HDR_zpsatrg0hx6.jpg

OP
OP
M

modifiedloser

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
5.7 Hemi
So basically it's a 4/4 drop and if you want the 4/6 drop as they claim you need to cut the rear springs? I'm just trying to find out all the info before I make my purchase. If this is the case, think I'm gonna stick with the McGaughy kit and get the same 4/4 drop for much cheaper and order the QA1 shocks, that way I'm changing everything out and can justify where my money is going in my opinion. Won't be reusing factory spring n shocks up front, and throwing out a brand new shock that I'm paying for with the kit. While I do like the new control arms, there's nothing wrong with the stocks.
I think you're missing this main points of this kit. The front is control arms only, so it rides exactly like stock up front. Literally.

Secondly, it comes with brackets for the rear control arms to realign the rear axle in the fender well and align the drive shaft properly, and prevent wheel hop.

The ONLY way to drop the rear is on these models is shorter springs so that's a mute point. They just happen to come with the kit, but aren't the reason for the kit.

OP
OP
M

modifiedloser

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
5.7 Hemi
When I was going to use the deluxe McG kit I learned about the rear end issues and found brackets for $500 to fix it. I would need front and rear shocks too. I was already over 1200 at that point so I gave the Inez kit a shot and I'm super glad I did. This is my daily commuter and I don't like to cut corners and negatively affect anything.

Plus the rear shock issue is going to be subjective from one driver to another. That's just me. Another few hundred bucks to ride this well this low is money well spent.

None of my other lowered trucks ever rode this nice.

OP
OP
M

modifiedloser

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
5.7 Hemi
And let's not forget alignment issues when you cut front springs. This aligned to spec easily.

ramittome

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
And what exactly did it require cutting off in the rear to install?

OP
OP
M

modifiedloser

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
5.7 Hemi
And what exactly did it require cutting off in the rear to install?
You cut off the upper control arm mount, but it's not necessarily required, it's just for added clearance and because you're not using it anymore with the new brackets. It's definitely worth the effort.