Install Suspension Lift By Yourself?

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

MiRamDriver

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
So I'm pretty certain that I'm going to install my Zone 4" lift. By myself, one person. Long story but I've not nobody to help me and I've done just about everything mechanically to vehicles - so I think it's doable.

Has anyone done this, any advice you can provide?

xrsman

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
3.0 Ecodiesel
I did a 2.5" leveling kit myself last year on my 2011. Just be careful with the front sway bar linkages! I broke one trying to get it off. It was really tight because I had 60,000 kms on when I did the level. Cost me $120 to get a new one! Other than that it went together pretty easily! There were a couple times I needed someone else's help to hold something or to push something down though

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Djeazie

Reaction score
Ram Year
2013 Sport
Engine
Hemi
Did a 6" RCX by myself. Take your time you do fine. It will take longer so allow for that.

Sent from my SM-N900V using Tapatalk

OP
OP
M

MiRamDriver

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
Did a 6" RCX by myself. Take your time you do fine. It will take longer so allow for that.

Awesome. This is what I wanted to hear. Thank you!

Djeazie

Reaction score
Ram Year
2013 Sport
Engine
Hemi
No problem. I like doing things by myself. That way I know it's right. I'm kinda ****.

OP
OP
M

MiRamDriver

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
No problem. I like doing things by myself. That way I know it's right. I'm kinda ****.

I'm the same way. I've done everything mechanically aside from a lift and rebuilding a trans/ rear end. Just wanted to make sure it was a possibility. I have the instructions pretty much memorized and nothing looked glaringly obvious that couldn't be done by myself.

Herron385

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
I just did a 6" Pro Comp lift into mine this weekend, took me and my buddy about 8 hours. You should be fine, take your time and don't rush.