Installed new exhaust in my 04 Ram 2500

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

usocazy

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7l
So I'm driving around one day with my son and we hear a strange noise from under the vehicle when the truck is shifting gears at around 1500 rpm. We get home and notice the muffler has started to crack in places and a hole is beginning to form.

I at least need a new muffler so I figured its a good time to move from SI/SO to SI/DO. Went to one of those Bring Your Own Parts stores and they were estimating $600-$800 to get back to stock SI/SO, $800-$1000 for SI/DO and over $1200 for true duel exhaust.

That seemed kinda steep so I went to the south side of San Antonio and found a guy that did all the work, new parts and labor for $320 for a new cat back system SI/DO with a new flow master muffler with chrome tips out the back. Welds aren't beautiful but they work and he did the job right on the spot and I didn't have to shop around any longer.

I love the way the truck sounds and only paid half of what the guy in my part of town was gonna charge for a stock muffler set up. So glad I drove south to find my new guy!!! Plus he sold me a used steel 17" rim with a LT tire for $40. Someone stoled my spare from under my bed but now I've got a locking system.

I love finding good deals!!!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk