Installing OEM backup cam

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Mattv77

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
6.4 hemi
The ( ACTIVE GRID LINES ) is the purple wire that connects to the BCM C-5 Connector @ socket # 45 , if my memory serves me correctly. ..,

Sent from my SM-G900V using Tapatalk
I had everything​ factory except the radio harness I got from mpgrimm. So I'm not sure what I need to do and where to go. I have a 2500 with the ip/body connector or something like that.

Sent from my Pixel XL using Tapatalk

Mpgrimm2

Preferred Vendor
Military
Reaction score
Ram Year
2022 Ram 1500 (5th Gen)
Engine
5.7L
RLK, he didn't do the add-on Kit. Just had to add the cab harness. He will need to check for a factory BCM C5/E-45 wire (org/DB), Lin Bus CBC 3, going back to the i550 connector. Might not be seated properly somewhere unless it's missing from inside the cab down to the c322 by the left front wheel.

Take a look at the schematics I sent you

Sent from my SM-G930P using Tapatalk

Last edited:

Mattv77

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
6.4 hemi
RLK, he didn't do the add-on Kit. Just had to add the cab harness. He will need to check for a factory BCM C5/E-45 wire (org/DB), Lin Bus CBC 3, going back to the i550 connector. Might not be seated properly somewhere unless it's missing from inside the cab down to the c322 by the left front wheel.

Take a look at the schematics I sent you

Well I figured out the problem with the grid lines. It's very technical, but in order for them to work properly you must go into the settings menu and turn them. Haha, I feel kinda dumb! Face to Palm!

Mpgrimm2

Preferred Vendor
Military
Reaction score
Ram Year
2022 Ram 1500 (5th Gen)
Engine
5.7L
Well I figured out the problem with the grid lines. It's very technical, but in order for them to work properly you must go into the settings menu and turn them. Haha, I feel kinda dumb! Face to Palm!

Thanks for the update Matt and glad you got it figured out! Sometimes it's easy to overlook the simplest things. I do it all the time.

Last edited:

Jdom

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
6.7 Cummins
Hey guys, my kit is being delivered today. Because this truck only has 100 miles on it and I want to make sure this install doesn't look like ****... What is the best way to tackle the install of the body harness so it looks professional and factory?

I'm going to pickup some high grade fabric wire loom tape today, anything else I'm going to need?

R.L.K.

Supporting Member
Reaction score
Ram Year
2014 4X4 QC Express 6 speed auto 355 differentials
Engine
5.7 Hemi
Hey guys, my kit is being delivered today. Because this truck only has 100 miles on it and I want to make sure this install doesn't look like ****... What is the best way to tackle the install of the body harness so it looks professional and factory?

I'm going to pickup some high grade fabric wire loom tape today, anything else I'm going to need?
The tape is a nice touch , I'd also use the black ty-wraps that come in the kit .
Start the install of the Long body harness at the connector located at the tailgate disconnect under the bed near the spare tire.

Yours should only have two wires in it.
Just follow the two wires for the routing of the Long harness.
These two wires are for the locking tailgate, you'll be depopulating these and populating them into your new harness .

Hope this helps !
b094bc357053fa030e8815864b306129.jpg
f0caeb1ec860453302bfcb90fa8aa075.jpg

Jdom

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
6.7 Cummins
got the ******** in... I dont want to run all these extra wires and harness to the radio seeing how i already have the wires running to the back of the radio, Can i just hook them into the connector by the brake peddle?

3d3fcf83159de38927a949a2a827dcdd.jpg

R.L.K.

Supporting Member
Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
5.7 Hemi
I don't think it is possible to get the harness through the grommet. Stupid thing
I've done it , but I'll never do it again (through the nipple ) I prefer to use the unused plastic clutch plate.
I drill a hole through it and install a rubber grommet and finish it off with black RTV.

R.L.K.

Supporting Member
Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
5.7 Hemi
got the ******** in... I dont want to run all these extra wires and harness to the radio seeing how i already have the wires running to the back of the radio, Can i just hook them into the connector by the brake peddle?

3d3fcf83159de38927a949a2a827dcdd.jpg
Is your truck a 2500 + Ram?

Jdom

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
6.7 Cummins
yeah its a 2500 bighorn with the Cummins. i got the wires in but i had to cut the loom tape and windex it up to get it to slide in. what a joke... they make you pull all these extra wires through that hole for what reason? the yellow is only like 12 inches long and goes no where and the blue? what does that do?

R.L.K.

Supporting Member
Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
5.7 Hemi
yeah its a 2500 bighorn with the Cummins. i got the wires in but i had to cut the loom tape and windex it up to get it to slide in. what a joke... they make you pull all these extra wires through that hole for what reason? the yellow is only like 12 inches long and goes no where and the blue? what does that do?
The harness is made for multiple applications , the unused yellow for instance goes to the C-7 BCM for a mirror video install.

For your radio , you really only need 4ea wires the purple , bare shield , video input & video return.

Jdom

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
6.7 Cummins
is it possible to plug the 3 camera wires into the back of the IP connector? I imagin i would different ends for the wires to fit that style connector.

R.L.K.

Supporting Member
Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
5.7 Hemi
is it possible to plug the 3 camera wires into the back of the IP connector? I imagin i would different ends for the wires to fit that style connector.
I'm not the guy to answer that you should PM Mpgrimm2 withM2Mods , he can likely answer your question .

Me personally , since you have the kits radio harness I'd just complete the install and remove the C-1 Connectors 31 , 32 & 33 and individually tape them back out of the way and install the kits wires .

Good luck Sir !

Have you already flashed the XAC Code ?

Last edited:

Mpgrimm2

Preferred Vendor
Military
Reaction score
Ram Year
2022 Ram 1500 (5th Gen)
Engine
5.7L
Is your truck a 2500 + Ram?

No he can't put the pins into that connector as is, they are different.

Based on that picture, he is only missing the factory chassis segment of wiring from the c322 at the front wheel back to the tailgate (6 wires), and has the 3 wires going up to the back of the radio that will need to be removed. But if he already has the kit, he might as well soldier on like RLK said. (I don't have the male pins for that connector, and i'd hate to see a perfectly good factory wire hacked/ spliced together)

Last edited:

Jdom

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
6.7 Cummins
I had some time today to finish the install and so before I took the dash apart I wanted to see what kinds of pins are in the body/IP connector. As it turns out, they are the exact same pins in the tailgate connector behind the plate and under the bed. In some cases, this harness is extra, or if you replaced the harness the one you took out is extra. If one wanted, they can cut 3 of the pins from the extra harness and solder,tape,shrink wrap the 3 camera wires to them. pop out the 3 on the back of the body/ip connector and shrink wrap them up then slide the 3 new ones right in.

I don't know if this saves any time. I just know I hate taking dashes apart because then you have to listen to the rattling plastic parts because nothing ever fits back as nice as it was.

Just thought I would share.

Jdom

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
6.7 Cummins
Had the truck flashed today and everything works!! Thanks guys!

I ended up only using the Y harness and the body harness ,plus 3 pins from the extra tailgate harness, I ended up Utilizing the body/IP connector instead of running the extra harness to the back of the radio. used some nice loom tape and everything looks factory.

Thanks for this thread, I probably wouldn't have attempted this with out your guys help! :favorites13:

Ramped

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
Mpgrimm2 is the Man!!!! Finally got around to installing the harness he made me in November for my '14 Big Horn 1500, and it was so easy. I was stressing about having to cut, solder, etc., but everything plugged in. The harnesses for the radio and under the truck is what I needed, had the camera and tailgate harness already. Am so stoked, can finally hook up the trailer without getting in and out of the truck a bunch of times. Thanks again!!!!

R.L.K.

Supporting Member
Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
5.7 Hemi
Mpgrimm2 / M2Mods ( Mike n Mike ) are truly fantastic members / Vendors here on the Ram Forum !