intake exhaust and programmer...

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

DavidRam

Reaction score
Ram Year
2012 RCSB
Engine
Hemi 5.7
The shifting in these trucks really confuses me sometimes.lol
I can put it in first and it will shift by itself. Now if Im moving about 30-40mph and put it in manual mode. It wont shift by it self. It will stay in gear.

Then sometimes if I manually shift from a stop it will still shift when it wants.. haha

Now I dont think I've ever shifted manually under WOT, it's always been part throttle to 75%.. Wonder if that makes a difference?

It ****** me sometimes that I rarely want to use it. I think it has a lot to do with that 2nd prime.

Same here, the manual shift sometimes seems useless. Countless times I have to push the + 2 or 3 times for if to even shift. And I sound like a fool roaring down the street at 5500 rpm in first gear... Lol! I probably should learn it's hangups and figure out how to use it effectively.

DavidRam

Reaction score
Ram Year
2012 RCSB
Engine
Hemi 5.7
I ran 89 against him which is what I almost always use he runs 87 I run 93 every so often and I don't think I can set throttle sensitivity with BD

You can set throttle sensitivity on your BD, and once you do it you will really like it. :)

Go to Driving Coach or Driving Coach Set-up (I am not sure if I remember the names), and open adjust Acceleration Sensitivity, then choose High. :)

Enjoy!

Oh, one more thing, fill your tank with all 93 octane gas and run the BD in Premium. That is the much more impressive tune. I tried the 89 tune for a while and it wasn't that great.

OP
OP
operator

operator

Professional Firefighter Captain
Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
5.7 hemi
You can set throttle sensitivity on your BD, and once you do it you will really like it. :)

Go to Driving Coach or Driving Coach Set-up (I am not sure if I remember the names), and open adjust Acceleration Sensitivity, then choose High. :)

Enjoy!

Oh, one more thing, fill your tank with all 93 octane gas and run the BD in Premium. That is the much more impressive tune. I tried the 89 tune for a while and it wasn't that great.

so that setting in driving coach is for how sensitive your throttle will be I thought it was for how sensitive the driving coach itself was to my driving

OP
OP
operator

operator

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
5.7 hemi
Sounds like he's got a freak of a truck. Or he has alittle more done than he's telling you. Are you both 2wd or 4x4's?

Sent from the Rocket in my Pocket

2wd both ive been under his hood and all its all stock

Jerseymike

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
Same here, the manual shift sometimes seems useless. Countless times I have to push the + 2 or 3 times for if to even shift. And I sound like a fool roaring down the street at 5500 rpm in first gear... Lol! I probably should learn it's hangups and figure out how to use it effectively.

I did 2 more runs launching in 3rd. Works great. The first run was at 75% throttle then the last 2 at WOT. The gear ratio from 2nd to 3rd are really close so the manual 3 to 4 shift comes real quick. I wish I knew for sure it would shift itself but dont want to chance breaking something to try it.

Yeah this trans definitely has a mind of its own.

ST-8

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Maybe a diablo with custom tune?

Jerseymike

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
I ran 89 against him which is what I almost always use he runs 87 I run 93 every so often and I don't think I can set throttle sensitivity with BD

You can use 91 with the performance tune. It will be much better than the 87 tune and bump up shift points you will be really happy when you beat him.

OP
OP
operator

operator

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
5.7 hemi
You can use 91 with the performance tune. It will be much better than the 87 tune and bump up shift points you will be really happy when you beat him.

we only have 93 here in Louisiana and what do u think would be good shift points for me running 6 speed with 3:55's

OP
OP
operator

operator

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
5.7 hemi
can anyone tell me about to throttle sensitivity with BD

DavidRam

Reaction score
Ram Year
2012 RCSB
Engine
Hemi 5.7
we only have 93 here in Louisiana and what do u think would be good shift points for me running 6 speed with 3:55's

The acceleration sensitivity is the throttle sensivity, if you run it on "high" you won't feel as much of lag off the line. Try it out.

If you have 93 then that is great, use that. I would set the shift points around 5900. I dialed in my shift point by setting them, driving the truck to see how it was, and then changing them until I found the best setting for each shift. I would write down each setting as I did it, so I could compare...

When I got my tires to give me a nice loud chirp into second gear, I was pretty happy with it! :)

DavidRam

Reaction score
Ram Year
2012 RCSB
Engine
Hemi 5.7
I did 2 more runs launching in 3rd. Works great. The first run was at 75% throttle then the last 2 at WOT. The gear ratio from 2nd to 3rd are really close so the manual 3 to 4 shift comes real quick. I wish I knew for sure it would shift itself but dont want to chance breaking something to try it.

Yeah this trans definitely has a mind of its own.

That is good stuff, man... So you just put in third and mashed the pedal???

OP
OP
operator

operator

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
5.7 hemi
The acceleration sensitivity is the throttle sensivity, if you run it on "high" you won't feel as much of lag off the line. Try it out.

If you have 93 then that is great, use that. I would set the shift points around 5900. I dialed in my shift point by setting them, driving the truck to see how it was, and then changing them until I found the best setting for each shift. I would write down each setting as I did it, so I could compare...

When I got my tires to give me a nice loud chirp into second gear, I was pretty happy with it! :)

nice thanks for the advice and all your help

Jerseymike

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7

Try a few different ones and see what you like. I started at 5800 and ended at 6000. Thats as high as BD will go. Im shifting at almost 6100 with the DS tuner. It will really help keep the rpms up in the power band. 5900 would be a good place to start. I ran the performance tune with 89 octane. Most guys will advise against it but when I spoke with BD tech they said it was ok. But you will get more perf with 93 octane.

DavidRam

Reaction score
Ram Year
2012 RCSB
Engine
Hemi 5.7
I am not saying this will happen on all trucks, and it probably depends on other mods...
but when I ran the BD premium tune with 91 octane my truck developed this loud tapping (not the hemi tick). It sound like I had a woodpecker under my hood.
That's why I sold the BD and got the DS w/HF. I can't get 93 octane in Cali, and that sound was freaking me out.
As soon as I return the tuner to stock, the sound was gone.

ST-8

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
You don't outweigh him by 300-400 lbs do you? :)

VolsRam

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
HEMI 5.7
Maybe the tow haul and traction control thing he told you is different. Or he could be switching the gears on the shifter himself and having the truck redline to get higher rpms.

Jerseymike

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
That is good stuff, man... So you just put in third and mashed the pedal???

Yes. I mostly test tune from a 5-10 mph roll so the tires dont just spin but yeah put it in third and nail it. Dont forget to shift from 3 to 4, that part makes me a little nervous but there is plenty of time. Try it and see what you think.

DavidRam

Reaction score
Ram Year
2012 RCSB
Engine
Hemi 5.7
Yes. I mostly test tune from a 5-10 mph roll so the tires dont just spin but yeah put it in third and nail it. Dont forget to shift from 3 to 4, that part makes me a little nervous but there is plenty of time. Try it and see what you think.

I am excited to try it! So it won't shift from 3-4? Or you just haven't redlined it yet to see?

Jerseymike

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
I am excited to try it! So it won't shift from 3-4? Or you just haven't redlined it yet to see?

I havent tried it. I did a data log on the last run and the rpms only drop back to 5500 after the 2-3 shift so it gets to 6000 quick. Im scerd!!:anitoof: