Is A Leveling Kit Hard to Install?

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Kapt

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
3L
As the title states, is it hard to install a leveling kit? I've never done it, but the videos I've seen don't make it look like that bad a project. Those that have done it, got any tips or tricks to share?

Last edited:

Purplert

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Nope not hard at all, just make sure you have the right tools, hex sockets, offset box wrenches, Pretty basic socket set, impact wrench helps tremendously, breaker bar, of course strut spring compressor, hardest part is compressing and disassembling the strut.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

OP
OP
Kapt

Kapt

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
3L
I've got everything but the spring compressor. I'm sure I can rent one. How out of alignment will it be? Will I be able to drive it to the shop after?

Last edited:

quietpeen

Supporting Member
Reaction score
Ram Year
2021 TRX
Engine
Hellcat
you will be fine to drive to the shop after installing the level.

make sure you have wd-40 and soak the ball joints in the upper control arm before starting. Might take several applicaions of the wd-40 but it will help a lot in getting the ball joint to come out.

OP
OP
Kapt

Kapt

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
3L
Good advice. Thank you

Ethan16

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
5.7 Hemi
Easy as can be, just did it 2 weeks ago, took a little over 2 hours just because I haven't ever done it before. Make sure you have a cooper/brass mallet to help persuade the ball joint out, I didn't bother using a pickle fork. Definitely be helpful having another set of hands when setting the strut back into place. A little tricky getting the bolt aligned and through the lower control arm/bottom of the shock. Any Youtube video can give you a bit of direction. I replaced my front brake pads (24.99 at Autozone) and changed my oil as well while it was jacked up. Good luck. I had to lower my headlights a few turns to compensate for the 2.5" front lift. Finally take it to any alignment shop (79.99) to have them make sure everything is where it should be. You can now fit 35s with the help of a 1/4 spacer.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
OasisNinjaBat