Is this side mirror salvageable

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

damramn

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
Hi guys, longtime reader but I just joined to ask a question. This driver side mirror was shaky on my '07 1500, so after watching about a dozen Youtube videos the standard advice was to pry the mirror off from the top (the videos assure me this won't snap anything) and then maybe adjust the anti-shake arms or add some foam tape.

However, as you can maybe see, applying that force simply snapped a bunch of plastic parts - parts of the center ring on the back of the mirror are broken. On the motor housing, I think there are possibly supposed to be two white plastic pieces with a ball-end that hold the mirror in place, and I only see one. I could see it when I was prying it off, but it's not there now, so I assume it went flying off into the yard.

Am I looking at a whole new mirror assembly and a distrust of DIY videos, or is this salvageable? Thanks.

1693078651383.png

1693078867615.png

GTyankee

Supporting Member
Military
Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
3.0 ecodiesel
Is that really a 2007 Dodge Ram mirror ? it does not look any where near that old

does the tilt motor function, when you press the door function buttons ?

Is the mirror still properly fastened to the door ?

Last edited:

FabricGATOR

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
5.7 Hemi
It appears to me...
If the electric adjust motor is still articulating, that you should be able to goop that up with some adhesive like Liquid Nails and push/hold it on there until it dries.

Now is this a perfect solution? meh.... will it likely keep you rolling until you can get either a Amazon/eBay replacement or find one in a junk yard.... yeah. I think it probably would.

I suspect the Dodge Brothers didn't use adhesive because it my eventually effect the mirror coaling on the back of the glass.

** I just thought, IF you do use adhesive, consider disconnecting one of the heat element wires as I think the heat may make the glue release too...

Hey, please return and let us know what you do about this. I think I saw a set of towing mirrors on Amazon for $170

GTyankee

Supporting Member
Military
Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
3.0 ecodiesel
I still think those mirrors did not come stock on that truck

2009 mirrors used this tilt motor

1693177306442.png

1693177632942.png

2019 - 2023

1693177915217.png

2007 Dodge Ram looks like 1 minute into this video

Last edited:
OP
OP
D

damramn

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
I'm not sure if they're stock, although they look like what Rockauto and Amazon both suggest for me for my make/model? But I will say they look like no 2007 Dodge Ram mirror video I reviewed.

But yeah the motor works. So I might just see if I can goop it. It doesn't want to join back to the old surface, but I may be able to force it or layer something in there.