Kicker shallow mount 8" sub in factory box

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

OP
OP
B

bigred90gt

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
5.7 Hemi
yea something doesn't seem right, be weird to have two do it. Call tech again, let.them know whatnits doing twice.
Sorry had total knee replacement surgery monday been out, and will be for a couple weeks.
We habe a tonnof these amps out there with huge success. We just need to find why your having issues
Bummer about the knee man, here’s hoping for a smooth recovery. I hear total knee replacement is pretty rough (my wife was a post op nurse for 20 years). Unfortunately, I reckon I’ll be there one day.

OP
OP
B

bigred90gt

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
5.7 Hemi
email [email protected]

He's an installer and technical guy, and can hopefully help dial you in.
Tell him Tracy sent ya
Will do, thanks. I emailed [email protected] and included the video with it. I’ll go ahead and email him as well. Can’t hurt. Thanks again. I’ll let you know what he said.

I just bought some speaker wire and butt connectors. When I get
Home I’m going to tap the rear door speaker wires and see what happens.

Graygoose

Indecisive Car Owner
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Ram Year
Convert, for now.
Engine
small
yes pretty painful. Email John. If anyone does my installs....its John. He's done like 10 Overhaulin Shows, and is picky. Good dude.

Will make sure you get dialed. Will check in when I can.

OP
OP
B

bigred90gt

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
5.7 Hemi
So, apparently the amp needs to be hooked to the doors. Something is off with the sub output wires in the alpine system and it won’t work right with this amp. I crudely installed it (twisted the wires and covered with tape) just to test it. About to go through and properly hook everything up then tune it.

Graygoose

Indecisive Car Owner
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Ram Year
Convert, for now.
Engine
small
So, apparently the amp needs to be hooked to the doors. Something is off with the sub output wires in the alpine system and it won’t work right with this amp. I crudely installed it (twisted the wires and covered with tape) just to test it. About to go through and properly hook everything up then tune it.
Keep.me informed please

OP
OP
B

bigred90gt

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
5.7 Hemi
Keep.me informed please
I finished it last night. For whatever reason, the OEM sub output wires just do not work with this amp as inputs. I tapped into the rear speaker wires and ran that to the amp as inputs and it works fine. I just taped up the ends of the OEM sub wires and stuffed them back under the carpet where they can live the rest of their life hidden.

Cableman

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
5.7 hemi
I finished it last night. For whatever reason, the OEM sub output wires just do not work with this amp as inputs. I tapped into the rear speaker wires and ran that to the amp as inputs and it works fine. I just taped up the ends of the OEM sub wires and stuffed them back under the carpet where they can live the rest of their life hidden.

Where did you grab the rear wires from?
Are you happy with the results of the bass output?

OP
OP
B

bigred90gt

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
5.7 Hemi
Where did you grab the rear wires from?
Are you happy with the results of the bass output?
I grabbed it from the pillar between the front and rear doors. Just pull the trim off and you'll see the wires running up to the connector that goes to the door. Theres a bunch of wires, the speaker wires are the only ones twisted together. I used this diagram to confirm wire colors as well.

audiopremium.png

Cableman

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
5.7 hemi
I grabbed it from the pillar between the front and rear doors. Just pull the trim off and you'll see the wires running up to the connector that goes to the door. Theres a bunch of wires, the speaker wires are the only ones twisted together. I used this diagram to confirm wire colors as well.

View attachment 218923

Anyway to get a clearer version of that wiring diagram?

OP
OP
B

bigred90gt

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
5.7 Hemi
Anyway to get a clearer version of that wiring diagram?
Strange, on my computer it’s fine, but when I look at it on my phone, can’t ready anything.

try this (for rear doors only):

E8FCEF60-2476-4F0A-8E6F-9836AD9483F4.png

OP
OP
B

bigred90gt

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
5.7 Hemi
Better, ill have to open it on my laptop also which i almost Never use anymore!
This is about as good as I can get it. It’s really clear for me. Let me know how it looks on your end

DF0E60FF-06AC-44D8-9278-843E1BC7B20F.png

Cableman

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
5.7 hemi
I can definitely read it, little blurry on the pos/neg but i can see whats what.

Graygoose

Indecisive Car Owner
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Ram Year
Convert, for now.
Engine
small
Glad you got it up and going sir.