Knowing what u know now.. Changes?

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Epillon

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
So knowing everything about your truck and the deal you got on it, in retrospect is there anything you'd do different? (don't need to talk dollar amounts).

1) I'd definitely get a quad cab instead of my crew cab because that extra room is definitely noticeable.

2) I'd get a different color than black. When clean I think nothing beats black, looks almost liquid, but with my OCD I can't handle the way every, single, little water spot or dust shows. It's an OCD nightmare!!

3) Definitely should've stood my ground a bit harder at the dealer. I got a decent deal but after the fact and looking more in depth online, I could've easily saved myself nearly $3k.

4) Should've gotten the backup camera... because they had one with it installed but I didn't feel it necessary. <facepalm>

5) I'd avoid the whole HID debacle I went thru with my lights and just bought/install my LED Spyder head lamps first. Wasted atleast $500 trying to sort out various HID kits before I just junked them and bought the aftermarket LED set.

That's my list of "regrets" so to speak. Not a regret since i love my RAM but if I had done a bit more research on things before diving in I'd would've saved myself a bunch of money and stress!!

N1ck

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
I wanted 3.92's and took what was on the lot... 3.21's

Should have gotten an 8 speed

Other than that I'm happy and got 11.5k off sticker which is pretty solid in Canada

14hemiexpress

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
6.4l
I don't have any regrets with my current truck given my situation but if I could go back to when I bought my 14 I would of done all kinds of things different main thing is I would of waited till the end of year (also bonus time) I would of sold my truck instead of trade it in and I would of gotten a heavy duty 6.4l 4wd mega cab but I got impatient and had to have a new truck and ended up with a express 4wd quad cab nice truck but not what I really wanted.

catch 22

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
none
I've added everything I wanted to mine except heated seats/steering wheel and steering wheel audio controls. I wanted to order a Black Gold sport or express but it was end of 2014 model run, so we made a deal on a Black Gold RCSB hemi Tradesman they had on the lot. Yeah I wouldn't mind having the 8 speed (but I'm good with the 6).

Hemipower95

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
hemi 5.7
Also getting a cheaper trim, I am able to afford it, but I should have took it down a notch.

I like this thread.

sriley531

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
5.7 Hemi
I sometimes wish I had held out for a 6'4" bed on my crew cab vs the 5'7". It hasn't been a problem, but when I see a 1500 in the configuration it makes me think. Of course I kinda wish I would've bit the bullet on a powerwagon too. Otherwise I'm pretty content. A 3.92 woulda been nice, and I've had a thing for that burgundy metallic color lately, but don't know if I classify them as regrets.

CLOUDL1GHT

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Cummins HO
1) should've gotten a 8spd

2) 3.92's instead of these 3.55's

3) Crew cab long bed not quad cab long bed

4) Blue streak pearl. I like my flame red but that blue is too great

7777xm

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
I had a 2010 big horn QC 4x4 and was not loaded, had the 3.55 open diff. Lots of learning mistakes on that one

I don't regret black, but black wasn't my first choice.

I now have a black 14 Big Horn, CC 4x4, 8 speed w/3.92 and a sunroof, premium cluster, heated cloth and heated steering. Love this one.

Sent from my SM-N920T using Tapatalk

OP
OP
Epillon

Epillon

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
I had a 2010 big horn QC 4x4 and was not loaded, had the 3.55 open diff. Lots of learning mistakes on that one

I don't regret black, but black wasn't my first choice.

I now have a black 14 Big Horn, CC 4x4, 8 speed w/3.92 and a sunroof, premium cluster, heated cloth and heated steering. Love this one.

Sent from my SM-N920T using Tapatalk

So you basically own the truck the majority of people seem to want! 8 speed fully loaded... Well done. # jealous

Hot Ducer

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
I wouldn't have waited so long to get a truck. My first car was a '99 wrangler (the one that got away) and when I tried to run over a ford explorer, they totaled it (********). I bought a dodge avenger because I could afford either a gas payment or a car payment, not both. Five years later and I traded that car to my brother in law for his 03 ram 1500 truck bc he got a new job and a long commute. It has definitely benefited from some TLC, and I enjoy having to get up into my vehicle instead of sitting down into it.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G890A using Tapatalk

audio1der

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
I love the configuration of our truck; we bought it specifically to tow. BUT, we bought a long trailer, so a 2500 would have been better suited. I wish they made a 2500 "R/T" that wasn't so damned high up in the air.

Mike mcg

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
I bought a new 13 and the 8 speed was still fairly new so I opted out of it wish I didn't. But I did insist on the 3.92 on my qc no need for a crew with my 6'4" bed. Premium cluster but no heated seats or steering wheel or puddle lamps no ragrets not even one letter. Lol

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

EagleChief

Reaction score
Ram Year
2014 Big Horn
Engine
5.7 Hemi
I was lucky enough to find the exact truck I wanted. Took me 3 months and 4 or 5 different dealers, though. 2014 Crew Cab, Big Horn, 4x4, Granite Crystal, 8 speed, 3.92 gears, Sport wheels... the only option I don't have that I "kind of" wish I had is the navigation. But, I already had a GPS, so it's not that big of a deal. Love my RAM!

Sent from my SM-N910V using Tapatalk

Csanders1992

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
15 big horn crew 4x4 hemi/8 spd/3.92 in black. Pretty much loaded for a big horn. Only regret is being black. Should have got white or silver, I love black but it's a pain in the ass

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

dbrock34

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 6.4
2014 1500 Bighorn Crew Cab short bed. 8 Speed with 3.21s. Biggest regret is not looking for a 6.4 bed. This bed is always just a few inches short for what I haul. Didn't know much about the gearing when I was shopping but told salesman I needed to tow over 7000lbs so I assumed they would steer me in the right direction. After joining the forum and finding out about the 3.92s I looked and found out I have the 3.21s. My max towing is only 8100lbs! Love everything else about the truck but I will be moving up to a 2500 with 4.10s and the Hemi 6.4 in the next year.

monteholic

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
6.4 hemi
I would have picked a different color, although I love the true blue, it is as hard as black to care for
probably would not get a PW, as cool of a truck as they are, I just won't utilized it

made sure I got the heated seats, the one option I really miss

MaizeNBlue

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
Avoided adding HID Headlights! ..... but did learn more about them then I ever wanted to learn