Leaning?

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

CRASHBANG

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
If this is a topic/question that has been brought up before I'm sorry, I'm new here.

I have a '99 4x4 sport quad cab. Bought it about a month ago and for the most part she's a beast. Great ride, plenty of power and looks pretty slick for an older stock truck. I love it. I noticed last week that on a flat surface it leans on the driver side. I got my measuring tape out and measured it from bottom of the bumper to the ground on both sides and the driver side is an inch lower. I didn't measure the rear but just but looking at it from the rear you can tell it's leaning. I checked the leaf springs, shocks, coils, and the frame. Now, by no stretch of the imagination am I a gear head but from what I could tell everything seemed fine. I could use some help figuring this out. Thanks

quietpeen

Supporting Member
Reaction score
Ram Year
2021 TRX
Engine
Hellcat
pretty sure this is actually common and i believe the answer has always been because the gas tank is on the drivers side

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
My 1994 Ram 1500 leans to the drivers side as well, the coils are not broke and neither are my rear leafs, my shocks are all junk however they work more on dampening than ride height. I'm actually going to put my truck on the lift at work (mechanic) tomorrow and have my boss look it over with me (he went to school specifically for dodge and worked for them for 20 years before opening his business) I believe it's just because of worn sagging springs but I will find out what up on my truck and post back to this thread when I find out more. Hope I helped

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Wow I just noticed this thread was from February, you've probably already got it sorted out by now! Whoops

mitchbowers

Reaction score
Ram Year
1996 2500 5-speed, soon to be leveled on 33's
Engine
5.9 Magnum
its a gas tank issue, along with the driver sitting down. extra weight on one side of the truck without added strength to accommodate for it. if you look closely, most second gens do this if left stock.

Sent from my A0001 using Tapatalk