LED BULBS

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

JEWRAM

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
I’m sure this has been asked and asked but here goes. I am looking for a definitive led light set up
For 2016 2500 with projector lamps, I am looking for a setup that is guaranteed to work and look great. Truck came with led fog lamp bulbs and they look great. Haven’t pulled them yet to see brand or model so I’m not sure on those.

kurek

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
Are you trying to "look great" parked or improve visibility while driving?

OP
OP
JEWRAM

JEWRAM

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Actually driving. And a little sitting lol. I live in AK and it’s dark really dark at night. I will be buying a light bar soon as well but more light the better

Derek Powers

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Supernova v4. They are built to be used in projector lights. I have their low, high and fog in my 16 with projectors

joshuaeb09

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
6.7 Cummins
In the stock FCA projectors I've found the best combination for adverse conditions is going to be HID and don't go past 35 watts if you want a decent enough beam pattern for proper distance illumination (55's blow out the foreground really effecting your distance vision).

In both my 2016 Ram running d2s 4.0 retros and my '17 Scat Pack with the OE projectors I am using the Hylux Canbus ballasts. Never threw a bulb out warning, but I eventually changed the BCM to HID's present with AlfaOBD on both for good measure.

https://www.lightwerkz.net/index.php/components/hid-ballasts/35w-2a88-hylux-canbus-ballasts.html

For bulbs I had good luck with the Morimoto 9012's if you happen to have the OE Projectors that take them otherwise you'll be looking for a 9005. I'd stick to 4300/4500k for bad weather as 5K's and 6K's will glare more in the wet and won't penetrate as well in heavy rain. In the Ram I do like the combo of running a 4200K primary HID bulb with the SuperNova v.4 Amber LED's in my highbeam's. The amber supplemental high beam really cuts through dust and rain out here in the middle of nowhere without glaring in bad weather like 6k LED's tend to do.