LED reverse and plate lights installed

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

RamHemi5.7

Reaction score
Ram Year
2013 Quad Cab
Engine
Hemi 5.7 8 Speed
so, whats the PN for the cargo lamps? those really look they put out some light.

monkers

Reaction score
Ram Year
2014 Sport Quad Cab White
Engine
5.7 Hemi
I hate to sound like a moron bloombloom88, but what is involved with "resistors" and how would you know if you need them or not, lights wont light? Is this something that is soldered in line or something?

OP
OP
bloombloom88

bloombloom88

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
image-2952491107.jpg

A quick search online and this is what I found. I don't know too much more than this, but will look into it more.

JohnD72

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
5.7 Hemi
Our trucks' electrical system senses the "load" or amp draw from the light bulbs. Since LED's require much less electricity to produce the same amount of light, they will cause the computer to think the bulb is out, so you get error messages.
Installing a resistor in the circuit between the ground and the power wire, as you see in Bloom's diagram, adds to the load on the circuit so you don't get error messages.

Mr.RonGilbert

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
My 14 needs these.... I swapped to LEDs in my 08' Jeep and had to use resistors - the resistors get F'n hot so don't put them where they can damage something. Hopefully a direct replacement will be available soon. Hard to beat LEDs these days.

MusclezMarinara

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7 Crew 1500
I still receive an error on my rear plate bulbs with resistors this is getting annoying

OP
OP
bloombloom88

bloombloom88

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
I still receive an error on my rear plate bulbs with resistors this is getting annoying

Try leaving the battery disconnected for a little bit so the computer will reset. Not sure if this will do anything but it's worth a try. What resistors did you install?

namccanna

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
5.7L HEMI

Buy the cheap ones off eBay.... I've been running them for months in every socket a T10 will fit with no issues.

Sent from my GT-P5210 using Tapatalk

namccanna

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
5.7L HEMI

Just go to eBay, search T10 LED bulb in whatever color you want. There's thousands of listings. I sort them cheapest to most expensive. If I have time to wait, I order them directly from China, otherwise I limit the search to US only. From China, you can get them almost a dime a dozen. I've won auctions for 10 bulbs for under $2-3. US sellers are a little more expensive but you should still be able to get them for under $1 for each bulb.

I'll be back in a minute with a link to what I'm talking about.

OP
OP
bloombloom88

bloombloom88

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
I do!

This has me at a stand still.. You should be getting a bulb out message. I wonder what's different about these cheaper bulbs you have that aren't throwing this message

namccanna

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
5.7L HEMI
This has me at a stand still.. You should be getting a bulb out message. I wonder what's different about these cheaper bulbs you have that aren't throwing this message

IDK, never had an issue with them period. I have them in every hole in the interior, my license plate and reverse lights..... but the reverse lights are getting swapped out for brighter ones... they suck terribly! The factory bulb was brighter.

OP
OP
bloombloom88

bloombloom88

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
IDK, never had an issue with them period. I have them in every hole in the interior, my license plate and reverse lights..... but the reverse lights are getting swapped out for brighter ones... they suck terribly! The factory bulb was brighter.

Well that's good to hear they are working everywhere else. Did you order the Cree reverse bulbs for the replacements?

namccanna

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
5.7L HEMI
Well that's good to hear they are working everywhere else. Did you order the Cree reverse bulbs for the replacements?

No I didn't order Cree, just some 9 SMD bulbs.... but I think that the Cree bulbs are in the near future. These cheaps bulbs I'm using don't flash or flicker. They light when the truck is on and off. Like I said, I've had NO issues with them and for $7 for 10 bulbs, delivered in a few days, you can't go wrong.

OP
OP
bloombloom88

bloombloom88

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
No I didn't order Cree, just some 9 SMD bulbs.... but I think that the Cree bulbs are in the near future. These cheaps bulbs I'm using don't flash or flicker. They light when the truck is on and off. Like I said, I've had NO issues with them and for $7 for 10 bulbs, delivered in a few days, you can't go wrong.

I think I might have figured out why your reverse bulbs weren't as bright as they should be. You said the ones your using are t10? The reverse and cargo for the 4th gens are t15. Might be the issue right there

namccanna

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
5.7L HEMI
I think I might have figured out why your reverse bulbs weren't as bright as they should be. You said the ones your using are t10? The reverse and cargo for the 4th gens are t15. Might be the issue right there

Yeah, the reverse bulbs are T15's but I think that the bulbs I ordered are just not up to ***** in brightness....when I plugged them in inside the cab, my blue 5 SMD bulbs were brighter....oh well. At $3 for 4 of them, they're disposable! lol I'm going to order Cree reverse bulbs when I get around to it. It's cold here in Wisconsin and with my work schedule.....if I get to it before spring, I'd be surprised!