Leveling kit info?

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

moparman33

Reaction score
Ram Year
2004 QCSB 4X4
Engine
4.7L magnum
trust me your not gonna wanna go back to the stock settings after you have it leveled. just like NWRQC said it will ride like a truck.

OP
OP
Armyman14

Armyman14

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
4.7 V8
trust me your not gonna wanna go back to the stock settings after you have it leveled. just like NWRQC said it will ride like a truck.

Haha do you mean I shouldn't like it's a bad idea or I'm not gonna want to because it'll look so good?

OP
OP
Armyman14

Armyman14

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
4.7 V8
Man this is money money money!! Ball joints are gonna be a few hundred dollars. Anyone know of any places that rebuild them? Like I mail them the control arms they send them back with new bushings and ball joints?

OP
OP
Armyman14

Armyman14

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
4.7 V8
Okay so how would suspension and everything handle with a torsion crank and 2 inch blocks back and front?

OP
OP
Armyman14

Armyman14

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
4.7 V8
Or would 4 inch blocks in the front with no torsion crank and 2 inch in the back be better handling? What's the best option?

moparman33

Reaction score
Ram Year
2004 QCSB 4X4
Engine
4.7L magnum
with torsion bars you cant install blocks up front due to it being a independent front suspension and not solid axle. if your wantin to go the cheapest route possible, crankin the torsion bars and replacing all 4 shocks is the best. if you put lift blocks on the back you are defeating the purpose of cranking the torsion bars and the rear is still gonna sit higher than the front. the only other route that i cant think of for lift wise, without buyin a suspension lift kit would be to do a body lift.

OP
OP
Armyman14

Armyman14

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
4.7 V8
with torsion bars you cant install blocks up front due to it being a independent front suspension and not solid axle. if your wantin to go the cheapest route possible, crankin the torsion bars and replacing all 4 shocks is the best. if you put lift blocks on the back you are defeating the purpose of cranking the torsion bars and the rear is still gonna sit higher than the front. the only other route that i cant think of for lift wise, without buyin a suspension lift kit would be to do a body lift.

Oh okay, so I can't get blocks. Yeah I don't wanna put blocks on the back only.
How much are body lifts and what's the difference between those and suspension lifts?

Detox

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
5.7 Hemi
Oh okay, so I can't get blocks. Yeah I don't wanna put blocks on the back only.
How much are body lifts and what's the difference between those and suspension lifts?

Body lifts are around $300-$400 for the kit. With a body lift your are lifting the body of your truck off the chassis where as with a suspension lift you are modifying suspension components to raise your truck. With the body lift your ground clearance is going to stay the same where as a suspension lift will give you more ground clearance etc. Suspension lifts are at least twice the price to do over a body lift though.

In my opinion a body lift is good if your tight on cash and your not doing a lot of offroading, but if you are, i'd save the pennies and get a suspension lift as it give you much better performance offroad.

Edit: Also body lift's from what i've seen are most common in 3" lifts, and i've seen a 5" one but never heard of anyone with it. If you wanna go higher than 3" you will have to go suspension lift which you can go up to around 6" higher on pre-made kits as far as i know of. You can also combine a body lift and a suspension lift to get 9" of lift if you really wanted to.

Last edited:

moparman33

Reaction score
Ram Year
2004 QCSB 4X4
Engine
4.7L magnum
a body lift is around 350-400 depending on brand and all. a body lift, lifts the cab and bed off of the frame allowing space for bigger tires while keeping the factory ride. a suspension lift, lifts the whole truck(frame,cab, and bed) through the suspension parts(coil springs, struts, torsion bars, leaf springs, shocks, lift blocks,etc). each suspension kit is different for each truck model. some rams use coil springs in the front for suspension, and some use torsion bars. for most trucks except for the 4th gen rams to my knowledge use leaf springs for the rear suspension. if you are wanting a lift and dont really want to sacrafice ride, a body lift is probably the way to go. keep in mind though without a leveling kit or cranking on the torsion bars a body lift will not level out your truck.

OP
OP
Armyman14

Armyman14

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
4.7 V8
Is it possible to crank the front and do a 2 inch body lift all the way around or maybe do a 4 inch body lift in the front with a 2 inch in the back?
I don't go off roading a whole lot but I definitely want to have look of bigger tires and leveled with a small lift

Detox

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
5.7 Hemi
Is it possible to crank the front and do a 2 inch body lift all the way around or maybe do a 4 inch body lift in the front with a 2 inch in the back?
I don't go off roading a whole lot but I definitely want to have look of bigger tires and leveled with a small lift

Mixing and matching body lift's would make your truck looking kinda odd + im not sure you can do that.

Your best be would be to get yourself a 3" body lift and then level the truck.

OP
OP
Armyman14

Armyman14

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
4.7 V8
Mixing and matching body lift's would make your truck looking kinda odd + im not sure you can do that.

Your best be would be to get yourself a 3" body lift and then level the truck.

I don't really wanna get 3" do you mean 2"?

Detox

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
5.7 Hemi
Only body kits i know of are 3" and 5", if you can find a two inch one you can go for that.

OP
OP
Armyman14

Armyman14

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
4.7 V8
Hmm maybe I'll just stick with a level for now haha.
What do those disks do? The ones that slide in the coill springs? Couldn't I get those on the front and blocks on the back

Detox

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
5.7 Hemi
Hmm maybe I'll just stick with a level for now haha.
What do those disks do? The ones that slide in the coill springs? Couldn't I get those on the front and blocks on the back

The disk's i think your referring to are used for Spindle/Knuckle Lifts, which unfortunately can not be used on a 4wd with torsion bars as far as I know. I believe it is due to something with the CV shaft angle but don't quote me on that.

Last edited:
OP
OP
Armyman14

Armyman14

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
4.7 V8
The disk's i think your referring to are used to Spindle/Knuckle Lifts, which unfortunately can not be used on a 4wd with torsion bars as far as I know. I believe it is due to something with the CV shaft angle but don't quote me on that.

Well right now I have no cv shaft on the front axle right now. Had to cut them off because they ha already stripped out my front differential splines now it's gonna cost me around 750 to get it rebuilt

moparman33

Reaction score
Ram Year
2004 QCSB 4X4
Engine
4.7L magnum
you best options then are to crank the torsion bars and buy aftermarket shocks. as detox said you cant mix and match body lifts(the body lines will not line up) and im not sure it would be safe. the only body lift that i know of for your truck is a 3" body lift from performance accessories. Dodge | DODGE | 60083 | PICKUP 1500&Active=Yes&Category=Body Lift Kits . that is just the body lift itself. the disks you are refering to are coil spring spacers(06-08 models), they wont fit on your model year because the front suspension is different. those are your only options (body lift or level) unlesss you decide to fork out the money for a 4-6 inch suspension lift

OP
OP
Armyman14

Armyman14

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
4.7 V8
Haha suspension lift isn't gonna happen so I'm just gonna stick with the level for now! Thanks guys!
Oh sorry to change the topic but does anyone know of a company that makes color matched heavy duty bumpers?