light at the end of the tunnel?

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

sickboy

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
so, any feedback on these from people that have actually installed them?

rtorres51

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
From illicit customs:

ATTENTION:
All customers that have ordered either the cut or no cut 09-16 Dodge RAM Rear Correction Kits.! The passenger side bracket will need either drilled and tapped, or drilled with lock nut added; for passenger brake cable. Factory cable mount location is covered when installing new brackets, drill hole size large enough for bolt then add steel lock nut an torque.!(You can also follow tap & die parameters for the factory bolt size.!) If you have any questions feel free to message me on FB, through email([email protected]), or call me using button on FB.! Thank You and sorry for any inconvenience.

I'm going to wait on ordering for my truck. Looks like there hasn't been a long term testing on this product. Not going to fork over $500. I'm in no hurry, just wait awhile till the bugs are worked out.

Txhemirt

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
From illicit customs:

ATTENTION:
All customers that have ordered either the cut or no cut 09-16 Dodge RAM Rear Correction Kits.! The passenger side bracket will need either drilled and tapped, or drilled with lock nut added; for passenger brake cable. Factory cable mount location is covered when installing new brackets, drill hole size large enough for bolt then add steel lock nut an torque.!(You can also follow tap & die parameters for the factory bolt size.!) If you have any questions feel free to message me on FB, through email([email protected]), or call me using button on FB.! Thank You and sorry for any inconvenience.

I'm going to wait on ordering for my truck. Looks like there hasn't been a long term testing on this product. Not going to fork over $500. I'm in no hurry, just wait awhile till the bugs are worked out.

Hopefully this is something that is going to be corrected for future ones so they are ready for direct bolt on.

Dubstep Shep

Reaction score
Ram Year
2014 R/T
Engine
5.7L Hemi
Mine should arrive today. Hopefully I can get them installed this week.

Sowardcustoms

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
5.7 E-Torque
Didnt get alot done this weekend weather man said it would be a bit warmer than it actually was. So next weekend is the next deadline for me got to get this thing done..

Wild one

Reaction score
Ram Year
14 Sport
Engine
Didnt get alot done this weekend weather man said it would be a bit warmer than it actually was. So next weekend is the next deadline for me got to get this thing done..

Soward I ran into a little bit of an issue,nothing serious though. Ryan didn't allow for the bolt to bolt the e-brake cable back on after you trim the upper mount. I added a small 3/16" tab to the top of the passengers inside bracket. Tabs about 2" long and I drilled and tapped it for the factory 8mm X1.25 bolt. It moves the e-brake cable up above the arms instead of running it between the arms. I can post pic's over on the Ram R/T facebook site later if you want. I don't post pics here,to much of a pain in the rear to add a pic here,lol.I sent the pics to Ryan,hopefully he modifies the inside bracket to have the tab.
Rick

Sowardcustoms

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
5.7 E-Torque
Soward I ran into a little bit of an issue,nothing serious though. Ryan didn't allow for the bolt to bolt the e-brake cable back on after you trim the upper mount. I added a small 3/16" tab to the top of the passengers inside bracket. Tabs about 2" long and I drilled and tapped it for the factory 8mm X1.25 bolt. It moves the e-brake cable up above the arms instead of running it between the arms. I can post pic's over on the Ram R/T facebook site later if you want. I don't post pics here,to much of a pain in the rear to add a pic here,lol.I sent the pics to Ryan,hopefully he modifies the inside bracket to have the tab.
Rick
I'd like to see some pics yes sir. I will track down that Facebook page.

Sent from my SM-G935P using Tapatalk

Wild one

Reaction score
Ram Year
14 Sport
Engine
I'd like to see some pics yes sir. I will track down that Facebook page.

Sent from my SM-G935P using Tapatalk

I'm working on the second itinereation of the tab lol. I'll post pics of this tab set-up,the first tab I did was a weld-on tab,this one will be a bolt on tab,later this evening i'll post pics of this version.

OP
OP
razor1

razor1

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
newest no cut and cut ones will have the hole drill in them for the ebrake cable bolt

Wild one

Reaction score
Ram Year
14 Sport
Engine
newest no cut and cut ones will have the hole drill in them for the ebrake cable bolt

He's adding a tab to the newest versions,and I think he'll ship out a bolt on tab for the existing brackets. I have to send him pic's of the bolt on tab I built today .Once the paint cures enough to handle it,i'll get the pics over to him.

Wild one

Reaction score
Ram Year
14 Sport
Engine
For the guys with the first gen of the Cut brackets from Ryan at Illicit,he's going to send out a bracket to re-mount the e-brake cable mount on the passenger side of the diff/truck. It's a bolt-on tab similar to what I made,but with more adjustability,and probably about 3 times the quality,lol. The tab will come with a longer bolt to mount it to the inside of the pass side upper link mount. You can still install the kits,but when you do,route the e-brake cable on top of the upper link bar,instead of in between the link bars like it it is from the factory.Then when you get the tab it's just a matter of swapping out the upper link mount bolt sliding in the longer bolt and slapping the tab on the inside bracket. The tab has 3 holes for mounting the e-brake mount to,so there's lots of adjustability, for mounting the cable back in place. He should have pics up on his site sometime later. He sent me pic's a little earlier,so i'm guessing in awhile he'll have them up.

Last edited:

Ohninehemisport

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
For the guys with the first gen of the Cut brackets from Ryan at Illicit,he's going to send out a bracket to re-mount the e-brake cable mount on the passenger side of the diff/truck. It's a bolt-on tab similar to what I made,but with more adjustability,and probably about 3 times the quality,lol. The tab will come with a longer bolt to mount it to the inside of the pass side upper link mount. You can still install the kits,but when you do,route the e-brake cable on top of the upper link bar,instead of in between the link bars like it it is from the factory.Then when you get the tab it's just a matter of swapping out the upper link mount bolt sliding in the longer bolt and slapping the tab on the inside bracket. The tab has 3 holes for mounting the e-brake mount to,so there's lots of adjustability, for mounting the cable back in place. He should have pics up on his site sometime later. He sent me pic's a little earlier,so i'm guessing in awhile he'll have them up.

Did he say he'll send out a bracket also for the no-cut version?

OP
OP
razor1

razor1

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
new no cut version will come with the hole already drilled out. If you got one of the first kits like I did, I will get a bracket for the cable.

Dubstep Shep

Reaction score
Ram Year
2014 R/T
Engine
5.7L Hemi
Got mine in yesterday. As soon as it stops raining I'll try to get them installed. Currently I have another project in the shop but I might be able to make some room lol.

OP
OP
razor1

razor1

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
remember , you need to drill 8 , 5/8" holes for bolts. I have a friend with a drive on lift doing it tomorrow morning.

Quicksilver337

Reaction score
Ram Year
2016 Ram R/T
Engine
Hemi 5.7
don't know if anybody has asked... what is it that has to be cut exactly with the "cut" version of the brackets. Do you have to weld on the relocation bracket to the axel? Are there any Installed pics showing the difference between the two?

I'm sure there are others that are wondering the same thing...

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
JustinRam1500