LilRamie 2015 Laramie Build Thread :)

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

OP
OP
L

LilRamie

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7L
Managed to install my fuel door today, wow what a scorcher it was outside. I went with AMI's locking billet fuel door, part number 6047CL. I did run into one small snafu during the install that the instructions neglected to factor in, perhaps this is just because of model changes or something but mine had some rubber bumpers that obstructed the door install. Ultimately I yanked them out, simple enough but the plastic shroud housing them was still in the way so I took my handy dremel and cutoff wheel to it.

CameraZOOM-20150719172147638_zps8papq3dh.jpg

1 of 2 rubber bumpers I pulled out, still showing the plastic obstruction
CameraZOOM-20150719162401250_zpscocrmamq.jpg

1 of the plastic ears cutback flush for adapter install:
CameraZOOM-20150719163207006_zpsrubgti7w.jpg

Adapter installed with modified/removed bumper obstructions:
CameraZOOM-20150719163644867_zpstivdpbq7.jpg

The end result:
CameraZOOM-20150719182129497_zps53bd8bh1.jpg

Last edited:
OP
OP
L

LilRamie

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7L
New Diablo Sport PCM and 93 tune via Trinity went in this weekend. Wow what a difference that made. I plan on taking it a step further in the near future - turning off MDS getting a custom tune etc but I ran out of time and wanted to keep it simple at first to see a baseline improvement so to speak.

Ohh and for any others doing this same gig, even after I updated Trinities revision to include my newer vehicle it also required it run a calibration to be able to work on the new model which are obviously not in the instructions but I just followed the onscreen prompts. Unfortunately it had errors writing to the PCM and I was like oh crap / great my luck... and there closed for support. I simply tried again sorta like the mindset of rebooting a PC to see if it fixes the problem and Viola it took on the second attempt.

As far as the performance increase, its definitely there even makes the rear end squat when i stomp it whereas before it didn't. That occurs from standstill or at speed. I was however disappointed that I still cant light up the tires even with traction control off.

More to follow I suppose once I get the customization down.

Here's some pics of those errors I got (sorry about the blurry photos)
CameraZOOM-20150725152748939_zpsidyptwoj.jpg
CameraZOOM-20150725152905654_zpsaqsfc8aj.jpg

Last edited:
OP
OP
L

LilRamie

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7L
Installed the AIRLIFT 1000 to my ride this weekend. Everything was fairly straight forward but man where those air barb connections a real pain, boiling water helped but still tough... I opted to go manual instead of wireless to save the money given in the grand scheme of things I don't tow/haul frequently and could not justify the whole built in compressor setup. I ended up mounting the valve next to my gas cap so that when I fill up I can be reminded to periodically check my pressure and its a nice concealed protected location to boot. Below are several photos of my install mostly showing the path I choose for the routing of the airlines.

P.S. I only had about 1 foot spare of hose left, if I had opted to take it in the cab or much father elsewhere I would have been in trouble.

The before:
001_zpstgx1krkv.jpg

Bags in place, they even look sexy deflated lol:
002_zpsbvdkmnjq.jpg

Pyrex cup with about 3mins in the microwave for a cup of water and you have yourself one softer widened hose end and one not so pleased wife :) :
02B_zpsavpia2qs.jpg

Passenger side above shock:
006_zpsgg3sf0cr.jpg

Passenger side at front of bed:
007_zpsgffh35c8.jpg

Crossing the bed above exhaust was easily over the recommended 8" separation to keep from melting the line, I'd say it was about 15" but I also have a modified exhaust at this location too.
008_zpsweocnhku.jpg

I continued it with removing one plastic shroud push on bolt and replaced it with a ziptie out in the middle and continued it over the fuel tank coming out the other side near the bed bracket with two holes perfect for another ziptie and that's about where I left enough slack for my "T" connection and terminated this end:
011_zpsehfbbefl.jpg

Onto the otherside, its a really a fairly short run to the same point, ziptie off at the shock head and ran over my fuel lines:
012_zpsololybgb.jpg

014_zpsuwipfkq1.jpg

Next up I made a little bracket out of light aluminum angle I had on hand. I figured the angle would help with stiffness for pushing and pulling on/off the air valve and it seem to fit the bill otherwise. I opted to utilize the same two threaded bolts inside the hinge area from my aftermarket fuel door install. Oh and yea I precut my hose and madeup the connection to the air inlet and the plastic T in my Kitchen, so much easier...
015_zpskpbxbers.jpg

I dropped the T down the fender via my gas caps shroud hole and made up the other two connections at the T and zip tied all the excess slack in place:
017_zps4lixrcvj.jpg

And last but not least the air inlet location, once I mounted it I did bend the angle back slightly for better access with an air chuck.
018_zpsqdar0lhf.jpg

All in all it turned out well in my opinion but the whole install certainly took longer than I had originally guesstimated.

Last edited:
OP
OP
L

LilRamie

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7L
Just uploaded my custom tune by Jay Greene Racing, so far so good. Still have the fine tunning to go but pleased thus far none the less.

Last edited:
OP
OP
L

LilRamie

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7L
Resrvd 24

Sent from my SPH-L720 using Tapatalk

Last edited:
OP
OP
L

LilRamie

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7L
Well.... How's the sound? Driving impressions?
Its great! So much better than stock but you know it can always get better [emoji14]. The sound is on point with what I had hoped for maybe a little more aggression wouldn't hurt but not at the expense of drone. Maybe later I'll try resonator delete but for now I'm satisfied. It has that nice growl on accel and on downshift yet really quite when churning along, I haven't hit the interstate yet but on a back road hwy stretch at 45 absolutely no drone. As for performance, the official but dyno says two thumbs up! For the price, I'd do it again in a heartbeat.

Sent from my SPH-L720 using Tapatalk

broshua

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Where in the world did you get those XD809'S? I can't find them anywhere online in that size. Also, did you need hubcentric rings or anything else to mount them up? I know I will need the lug nuts but other than that I'm not sure.

Thanks,

Josh

OP
OP
L

LilRamie

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7L
Where in the world did you get those XD809'S? I can't find them anywhere online in that size. Also, did you need hubcentric rings or anything else to mount them up? I know I will need the lug nuts but other than that I'm not sure.

Thanks,

Josh

I can't recall but I saw them on several sites actually but in the end I was pricing the mounting etc at my local discount tire shop that I use alot and they not only price matched the online but included the remounting/bal of my existing rubber etc, So I just ordered it through them. Hubcentric rings are not required but make installing them easier. In truth once they are on its really just lug centric because the ring is not metal and could easily be squashed if it wasn't for the lugs if that makes sense ie rings dont make them true hubcentric. Either way I had them include as well as part of my deal, they did a few other little extras like that for me sending the business there way instead of just buying the install. Also if your looking to do the same or similar have them port your tire pressures sensors over as well, that's what i did. Glad you like them and goodluck.

broshua

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Do you remember what your hubcentric ring size was? I would be happy to know that so I can order some

OP
OP
L

LilRamie

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7L
Do you remember what your hubcentric ring size was? I would be happy to know that so I can order some

I recall looking on his screen and using what the spec called for something like 78 to 108 or something like that. So not knowing exactly I pulled up my invoice. It's unclear on size as well just a bunch of acronym codes which i cannot decipher. 86643 NRM DIL VS65 TQ12 T10 Snap-in x4 ? Apparently DIL VS65 represents the size... Oh yea I had forgot they also threw in "certificates" on my existing tires that I reused thats there non prorated extend warranty that pretty much covers everything except normal wearout.

Hope the above helps if not the seller you purchase from should be able to tell you what you need anyway and given you have a different year you may want to not relly on my size for hubrings anyway as yours may differ in that department especially given you have 4x4 and I have 2x4.

Gluck!

PassivAggressor

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
Man your wheel fitment on this truck looks awesome! I just stare and the head on picture and drool.

Mbarclay

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
5.7 Hemi
Looks awesome! Planning on those same wheels for my 2015 Laramie so your pictures helped a lot. Also doing a few other things you have now that I see pictures! Thanks

Mbarclay

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
5.7 Hemi
What was needed for you to tune a 2015? Read you need a new pcm

OP
OP
L

LilRamie

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7L
That is correct a new pcm was needed, I went with the Diablo Trinity package. It was simple to change, disconnect battery, remove & replace pcm right behind air box via 4 bolts & 2 electrical connectors then just reconnect t battery. After that program and done.

Sent from my SM-G930P using Tapatalk

OP
OP
L

LilRamie

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7L
Looks awesome! Planning on those same wheels for my 2015 Laramie so your pictures helped a lot. Also doing a few other things you have now that I see pictures! Thanks
Glad you like it Gluck on yours!

Sent from my SM-G930P using Tapatalk