LiquiMoly

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

RedSRT4Me

Reaction score
Ram Year
2015 CC Sport
Engine
View attachment 119043 View attachment 119042 View attachment 119041 Just wondering if any of you have used any of these products. More specifically their additives. I was wondering about these 3 in particular. They all seem to have great reviews. Just wondering if anyone actually used them in their Ram.

I have run the Mos2 in my engine for about 15k
I just switched to the Ceratec for the last 5k.
I initially thought I was getting lifter tick at 53k and that's when I started using these products.
Turns out it was just an exhaust leak at the manifold so I was able to persuade the misses to get Longtube headers.
My 5.7 is at 76k now and runs just as strong as day 1.

I use Mobil 1 5w20 syn, ceratec, SRT oil filter.

I'm not advocating for these products but I felt I had some good honest feedback from a regular consumer.

I did not do any oil analysis testing because the engine is heathy and I trust my judgment through my own experience working on vehicles.

Will it help your scenario? Only one way to find out. It certainly didn't hurt mine.

500rider86

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7L
I found this post in another forum on the lubeguard bio tech that others are recommending. It's a VOA on the biotech. It is hand written however, and is not a picture of the VOA so i'm not sure how accurate it is. If it is to be believed it looks like a way to add moly to oil as per recommendations of others here.

https://www.bobistheoilguy.com/forums/ubbthreads.php?ubb=showflat&Number=2794978

Burla

Military
Reaction score
Ram Year
2010 Hemi Reg Cab 4x4
Engine
Hemi
That is correct, so if you look at the phos you think awe man bad for Cats, however when you add it to oil that number comes way down, looks like pre 2002 zinc phos levels, like redline. 7 qrts hemi, x2 if you use 15 ounce size, so divide that by 14 and you see the numbers as they would show up in a uoa. 3500 / 14 = 250, so that would increase phos by 250ppm when added to 7 qrts in a hemi.

Divide any line item by 14 and that is what it will be in the hemi. It would boost moly 135ppm and that would be plenty. Maybe not for specific hemi lifter tick, you should flat out be using redline if you have lifter tick, but absent hemi tick that would be plenty of moly to give you almost the lowest coefficient of friction possible with known additives. For hemi tick you will want the 550ppm moly redline offers, maybe even a tad more.

500rider86

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7L
150 miles later after putting the lifter additive in I can say it does seem quieter. I hate additives because you always wonder if it’s in your head. But I will say for fact my oil pressure was always around 55-57 psi at 65-70 mph. Today on the way home I noticed it was 49-50 psi. I’m still not sure if slightly lower psi means it cleaned some oil deposits out of it it means something bad is happening to the oil pump.

Last edited:

61N150W

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Does Nick ship to Alaska?

I do agree with Burla: If you feel you need a Moly additive? Use the LubeGuard additive @ the correct dose per Qt!

Most of the time more is not better!

Best case scenario is to run RL oil if you desire more Moly in your formulation!
PUP SRT 0W-40 is a good option!
Sorry for a super delayed response. I checked with Nick and they cannot ship oil to AK.

Sent from my SM-G955U using Tapatalk

QwikKota

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
5.7L
I put the lifter additive in my ram a bit ago. Maybe placebo but seems quieter to me.

Same here. I use about half a bottle when I do an oil change and it seems to quiet things down when running PP. My engine was quieter running regular Pennzoil but I wanted to use a synthetic. Going to try PUP next and see if it still needs the LiquiMoly.

HammerHead

USMC 0313
Reaction score
Ram Year
2019 4Runner
Engine
Same here. I use about half a bottle when I do an oil change and it seems to quiet things down when running PP. My engine was quieter running regular Pennzoil but I wanted to use a synthetic. Going to try PUP next and see if it still needs the LiquiMoly.
I keep seeing people say their engine is quieter on conventional oil. Hmmmmmm
I would like to see someone with a bad hot idle tick use conventional oil; curious about the results.

QwikKota

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
5.7L
I would like to see someone with a bad hot idle tick use conventional oil; curious about the results.

I believe it has something to do with the higher zinc numbers in the factory fill but it could be the moly, I don't recall. There also may be some assembly lube that helps keep them quiet for a little while as well. I tend to be overkill on the first drain but I used regular Pennzoil for a few thousand miles and did not get the ticking until I switched to synthetic. I have a 4.7L Dakota that ticks as well though so I just got used to it. Even tried pre-loading the lifters on that engine with #10 washers but it didn't help. Those sit down in a blind hole as it's an overhead cammer. I have the lifetime warranty on the Ram so I am not that worried.

500rider86

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7L
Still quieter at almost 2k miles since adding. I’ll most likely put some sea foam in it, run it for 300 miles and change it out at 3k miles and see if it ticks still. Will be putting in pup ultra with oil change.

chrisbh17

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
My engine was quiet on Pennzoil conventional until the oil had about 2500 miles on it, then it got a bit noisy. Was with a stock filter so that could have something to do with it too.

Sent from my Nexus 6P using Tapatalk