Little bit of the project:)

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

twisted 8

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
So here is a little better clip of my truck running and the exhaust. I hope to get some better driving vids tomorrow if the weather cooperates. I have been chasing and fixing all the small things the last month, bad clamps, bad welds that leak etc. I am now pushing 8lbs of boost

ilovemyramlaremie

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
5.7 hemi
That is bad ass sir. Is sounds incredible, congratulations !!
What kind op power does it put to the ground with 8lb of boost ?

Quick_Shifter

IG: @ak_trucks_pa
Supporting Member
TOTY Winner
TOTM Winner
Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
AK Trucks Tuned 5.7
Very nice build congratulations, looks like you’re going to be having fun!

OP
OP
twisted 8

twisted 8

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
That is bad ass sir. Is sounds incredible, congratulations !!
What kind op power does it put to the ground with 8lb of boost ?

I was at 515 at 6lbs originally. I hope to get back in for some dyno tuning before the end of the year to see what she does now

2010 Infantry Vet

Military
Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
I was at 515 at 6lbs originally. I hope to get back in for some dyno tuning before the end of the year to see what she does now

Dyno tuning is a MUST on a blown application for optimum results. Air/fuel ratio gauges that you can instal are no where near correct. How do i know...had one on my twin turbo mustang.
OP...is your motor forged or stroked? I seem to remember about 30 guys on here saying the ring lands on the pistons fail.

OP
OP
twisted 8

twisted 8

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
Dyno tuning is a MUST on a blown application for optimum results. Air/fuel ratio gauges that you can instal are no where near correct. How do i know...had one on my twin turbo mustang.
OP...is your motor forged or stroked? I seem to remember about 30 guys on here saying the ring lands on the pistons fail.

Totally stock internals which is why I do not want to go over the 8lbs of boost. I also agree with you on the gauge. Does not seem to be very accurate when we compare to the HP tuning software.
I think the next step will be drop in pistons so I can turn up the boost a little. My tuner also told me the only thing that really holds these motors back is the ring lands

Tach_tech

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
5.7L HEMI
Totally stock internals which is why I do not want to go over the 8lbs of boost. I also agree with you on the gauge. Does not seem to be very accurate when we compare to the HP tuning software.
I think the next step will be drop in pistons so I can turn up the boost a little. My tuner also told me the only thing that really holds these motors back is the ring lands

He’s right, the thin upper ring land is not boost friendly at all. The hyperutectic pistons also don’t help. You really have to watch detonation with them, they’ll only rattle a few times before they spontaneously disassemble. That’s what makes a good safe tune so important.

2010 Infantry Vet

Military
Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine

Im just glad to hear its holding up for you. Any time i mentioned these motors can handle 8 psi i got attacked by all of the bolt on guys. Lol!
I tried explaining to them for all of the money they spent on bolt ons ($1700 for headers alone) they could buy a blower...thats when they got defensive and said even 7-8 psi will blow the ring lands. Hahaahhahahhah

Last edited: