Looking for advice

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

stateofdade

Military
Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Cummins 6.7
I pulled the trigger and upgraded from my 18 1500 Bighorn to a 2016 2500 Lonestar with the Cummins. Got the truck with only 61k on the odometer and it was deleted already with the four selection switch, a lift, and aftermarket rims. Got it with an all encompassing warranty that doesn't care about the delete for 44k out the door. Beautiful truck in red and loaded. Wife loves it too. What I'm looking for is information about the tune, etc... How do I find this information? There has to be some way to see what was done and what tune is being used, right?157955338_10158901390756897_7972460909437597678_o.jpg 157951066_10158901390686897_8554926084415154556_o.jpg

mtofell

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 6.4
Try to make a warranty claim and I bet you'll learn all about it :)

Okay, I'm really not trying to be a smartass but delete and warranty are really not words often used in the same sentence. I don't want to turn this into a warranty thread but you're 70 views in with no response so I'll jump in. Watch out for 3rd party warranties. They are notorious for overpromising and under delivering.

Honestly, to find out what's going on with the truck and mods you might start at the dealer. Be honest and tell them just what you told us. You just got the truck and think some things might have been done and you want to know what. Play dumb and tell them you want to know if/what warranty coverage you might have left. Depending on your "in service date" (the date warranty coverage starts) you might have/had some coverage. Maybe take it in for an oil change and see what info you can get. A lot depends on your dealer. I own a few FCA vehicles and am basically on a first name basis with my dealer. If I went in with your situation I'm pretty sure I could get an answer or at least an attempt at one. Not sure if every dealer/relationship is like mine.

OP
OP
stateofdade

stateofdade

Military
Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Cummins 6.7
Warranty is already expired. I purchased an aftermarket warranty from the seller and they don't hold the delete against me. I'm good on that account. What I'm looking for is a way to determine which tune was used on my truck.

carverwagon

Reaction score
Ram Year
18 Power Wagon
Engine
6.4 Hemi
Warranty is already expired. I purchased an aftermarket warranty from the seller and they don't hold the delete against me. I'm good on that account. What I'm looking for is a way to determine which tune was used on my truck.

Maybe you or the seller can help track down the previous owner. BTW beautiful truck !!!

jejb

Military
Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
6.7 Cummins
Try to make a warranty claim and I bet you'll learn all about it :)

Okay, I'm really not trying to be a smartass but delete and warranty are really not words often used in the same sentence. I don't want to turn this into a warranty thread but you're 70 views in with no response so I'll jump in. Watch out for 3rd party warranties. They are notorious for overpromising and under delivering.

Honestly, to find out what's going on with the truck and mods you might start at the dealer. Be honest and tell them just what you told us. You just got the truck and think some things might have been done and you want to know what. Play dumb and tell them you want to know if/what warranty coverage you might have left. Depending on your "in service date" (the date warranty coverage starts) you might have/had some coverage. Maybe take it in for an oil change and see what info you can get. A lot depends on your dealer. I own a few FCA vehicles and am basically on a first name basis with my dealer. If I went in with your situation I'm pretty sure I could get an answer or at least an attempt at one. Not sure if every dealer/relationship is like mine.
Well said. I'm not trying to rain on your parade either, but I'd get a refund on the extended warranty and put that money in an account for repairs. They should give you a full refund if you ask for it quickly.

As far as the tune, sorry, can't help there. There is a performance forum below that may be more helpful for that information.

spoon059

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
6.7 CTD
Congrats on the truck, looks beautiful. I agree with others, I wouldn't waste a penny on an aftermarket warranty. Those are sold to make money, not to provide a service to you.

That said, maybe post a picture of the selector switch to determine make/model of tuner.

mtnrider

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
6.7 Cummins
No way to know what/who tuned it unless the previous owner cares to let you know (maybe ask the dealer to contact them).
The previous owner obviously kept the tuner hardware so kind of screwed you there for knowing or making changes.
Only other option is contact some tuners and see if they have your VIN on file. BIG big big big catch there is most tuners have been shut down by the EPA so they are probably not going to respond. EPA is on the war path for deletes and tuners right now.

SouthTexan

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
408 CTD
Another option is to just buy a tune yourself and flash over the current one. I would recommend CTT. Most other tuners will not do deletes anymore unless you take it to them.

bigbuck92

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
6.7 CTD
Another option is to just buy a tune yourself and flash over the current one. I would recommend CTT. Most other tuners will not do deletes anymore unless you take it to them.
Careful, im not so sure CTT is doing emissions free tuning anymore. Right after I paid for my tunes they sent out a message on their social media saying no more emissions free to the states anymore. Although it could have just been a cover up.