lower valance

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Nickxxxr

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
so out of curiosity how many of you fourth gens removed the lower valance? i have yet to see anyone do this. i wanted to do it since day one, i always thought the truck sat to low to the ground to be a truck. well climbing a rocky hill helped me out as it ripped the thing right off without another scratch anywhere else. it looks damn good without it there, just gotta get under it and remove the bolts yet. but anyways how come nobody else has done this? just wondering. i think it looks great without it there and gives it more a "truck" stance, not being so low to the ground. and best part is, once removed you cant even tell its supposed to be there in the first place. no holes etc hanging out.

quietpeen

Supporting Member
Reaction score
Ram Year
2021 TRX
Engine
Hellcat
it was popular on the 3rd gens. Post a pic...lets see what it looks like

Vendor
Preferred Vendor
Reaction score
Ram Year
2019 1500 Laramie Sport Crew, 2019 1500 Big Horn Sport Crew & 2016 Charger SRT Hellcat
Engine
2x 5.7L & 6.2L
bighorn4life took his off.

DSC03355.jpg

Musclemckeester

Reaction score
Ram Year
n/a
Engine
n/a
Mine was taken off because my 37s were clipping the corner of it when I turned the wheel. Haven't decided yet to trim it and put it back on or leave it off. What I don't like is that it shows a lot of the front suspension without it on there.

OP
OP
Nickxxxr

Nickxxxr

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Mine was taken off because my 37s were clipping the corner of it when I turned the wheel. Haven't decided yet to trim it and put it back on or leave it off. What I don't like is that it shows a lot of the front suspension without it on there.

You got a lift man show it off!

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-I897 using Tapatalk

NUTSHEMI

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
Same thing happened to me. Mine got ripped off in the snow about a month after I had the truck. I have yet to decide to put one back on, thats why I didnt remove the bolts yet. I do like it off. I would only put it back if it served any protection purpose. Does anyone know if it adds any protection to the engine or anything? Or is it strictly for aerodynamics?

img2569r.jpg

img2572eu.jpg

OP
OP
Nickxxxr

Nickxxxr

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
i doubt any protection. mine got ripped off going less than 3mph up a hill hitting a rock about 3 inches wide... so yeah kind of pathetic. but funny too cause i wanted it off anyways. i got the same tabs and bolts hanging from my bumper lol. gives her "personality"

Musclemckeester

Reaction score
Ram Year
n/a
Engine
n/a
If you look under there, it really isn't protecting anything. I think it's just more for appearances.

NUTSHEMI

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
Good I think I will pull those bolts off now, lol. I forget I have pics when it fell off. I was taking pictures of the truck in the snow. When I backed up the valance must have acted like a shovel and scooped the snow and broke. Cause in the one picture its on and the next its dangling. Maybe I will post them tom

Porter_

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
5.7L
i believe it's there to help with fuel economy. whether you'll actually see any difference in real world driving is another thing...