March 16, 2024 Computer Update

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Tactics

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
My 2023 Dodge Rebel just downloaded a computer update. Does anyone know what the update included?

OP
OP
Tactics

Tactics

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
When I parked my truck, my computer screen indicated that a computer update was in progress. I left the engine on, as instructed, and waited until the download was complete. The next time I drove the truck, I had both hands on the wheel with the radio on, and the computer screen flickered, and a message appeared that stated I could not perform this operation with the engine on. I called customer service because I wanted to know what operation I could not perform while the engine was running. I was guessing the message related to safety. I contacted Uconnect customer service by phone, and they gave me the number for ATT. I called ATT, and they had no idea why Uconnect gave me their number. Efforts to get the information I was looking for by sending an email to “EMAIL CHRYSLER” and using the Uconnect chat line failed.

I called my dealer and talked to one of their technicians. He told me dealers do not get information about what changes are likely to occur because of a new download. I might have gotten the “vehicle must be stationary” message because the computer thought the download was incomplete, even though it sent a message to the screen that the download was complete. If I get the same message again, I can again, I can try rebooting the computer while the engine is on the vehicle is stationary.

gt8684

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
Hm, strange that someone told you to call ATT... I don't know what was in the update, usually after the update completes "successfully" it will give you a small description of what was done, they usually tell you nothing exciting. As an example mine always says they fixed android wireless, yet my phone still randomly will disconnect. It will probably prompt you again next time you drive it, I don't recall mine ever saying please leave the engine running for the update, If I recall it says don't drive it during the update? But they aren't quick, usually takes about 20 minutes, I'll pull up someplace after a drive turn the truck off and it will tell me there is an update, I hit continue and walk away, when I get back in later it's all done and ready to go. My guess is it will resolve itself either in a day or two, or next patch, I had one fail to install, and the next release it installed. Hope that helps a little maybe...

nategraham

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 6.1
It's always good to stay informed about what updates are being installed on your vehicle. For your 2023 Dodge Rebel, the dealer might have more detailed information about the specifics of the computer update. Sometimes these updates are meant to improve performance or fix previous software bugs. If you run into any issues after the update, getting in touch zillion insurance customer service could be useful, especially if it affects something covered under your policy. They can assist with any claims or questions you might have related to vehicle software issues.

Last edited: