MBRP exhaust systems

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

BoldAdventure

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 6.4
I'm curious too....but if you look at pages 49-52 of their catalog several muffler only options exist.

I think the only difference is that the units in the catback have a a y pipe dual out in place of the straight thru design seen on all the units sold free. This makes sense since everything is "Bolt up" and ready to go on the cat back. No point including the y on the installer series because they have no idea how it will be installed. They've left that decision to the installer.

I've seen one person claim the catback is of larger sized piping, while multiple others have stated it's the same 3 in and 2.5 dual out.

That would be my question. But I'm guessing that a 3inch in Installer Series with 3 inch out should work with a y to 2.5 if you have dual rears and want to just use the factory bends.

Attachments

• Screen Shot 2014-07-16 at 4.46.06 PM.png
    Screen Shot 2014-07-16 at 4.46.06 PM.png
    30.4 KB · Views: 51
  • Screen Shot 2014-07-16 at 4.45.13 PM.jpg
    Screen Shot 2014-07-16 at 4.45.13 PM.jpg
    15.9 KB · Views: 35

nolimits76

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
I've seen one person claim the catback is of larger sized piping, while multiple others have stated it's the same 3 in and 2.5 dual out.

That would be my question. But I'm guessing that a 3inch in Installer Series with 3 inch out should work with a y to 2.5 if you have dual rears and want to just use the factory bends.

Using the Challenger as my basis, the RT (5.7) models have 2.5" diameter exhaust pipes. The SRT's (6.1/6.4) have the larger 2.75" diameter exhaust. Many of the RT guys will swap their crappy RT manifolds for SRT (or aftermarket) manifolds/shorty headers and mid pipes. The SRT mid pipes (factory or aftermarket) are also 2.75" diameter.

So unless you also swap to an SRT sized (2.75") exhaust, you are faced with needing the 2.75" to 2.5" reducer to connect the mid pipes/cats to the cat-back exhaust. You can use the reducer w/o any ill effects, and many guys do just that.

In fact, many prefer to keep the smaller RT (2.5") exhaust because it builds a little more back pressure. While the larger exhaust will flow more free and provide some higher RPM gains, you lose some low end torque in the process.

All that being said, I think using a reducer on the Ram would work fine. Also, I think having the same size of the stock pipes would be more beneficial for low end torque (towing, WOT, etc).

mhb1638

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
I really didn't think this would be such a difficult issue for people. If you look online through a website, lets say AutoAnything for example, it lists two universale SI/DO muffler sizes...14" body or a 20" body. So again, these kits...is th emuddler included 14" or 20"? Thats all I want to know.