Mbrp install ??

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

ATC1500

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
HEMI 5.7
HEy all,

I just received my exhaust yesterday. MBRP Cat back dual side exit. Originally it was supposed to be here a week ago and I was going to go to a buddies house who has two lifts in his garage. Well he took off for the weekend with his family for a last minute trip to Ohio. WTF who goes to OHIO in winter.

My question is is it possible to remove the stock muffler and pipes and install the MBRP system using ramps and some jack stands?

Not really worried if it will take longer just wondering if it is even feasible.

N1ck

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Of course it's possible! I did my FM catback in about 2hrs by myself and I'm just an average joe, good luck!

Statcher1

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
If your 4wd it will be no problem. I swapped the factory exhaust for an MBRP cat back in my old GMC in about an hour.

Sent from the Rocket in my Pocket

Ares_288

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
5.7 Hemi Magnum
I did mine in about an hour or so with no jack stands. Granted I'm on 35's and a 2.5 in leveling kit. It's easy, just make sure to hit all the bolts with PB Blaster the night before and then an hour before you start.

OP
OP
A

ATC1500

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
HEMI 5.7
WEll I hit it with PB blaster and the nuts dissintegrated and.... well you can see whats left in the picture. Gonna cut it out this saturday.

Attachments

• rusty bolts.jpg
    rusty bolts.jpg
    79.2 KB · Views: 89

Ares_288

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
5.7 Hemi Magnum
WEll I hit it with PB blaster and the nuts dissintegrated and.... well you can see whats left in the picture. Gonna cut it out this saturday.

Yep, that's why I suggested spraying the night before. :superhack:

OP
OP
A

ATC1500

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
HEMI 5.7
Yep,

hit it up that night again, then the next morning before work and then again when I got home. An hour later i still couldnt move the nuts. Them ***** are fused. well early saturday morning looks like its cutting time.

Ares_288

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
5.7 Hemi Magnum
Good luck man. A little cutting and you'll be good to go!

OP
OP
A

ATC1500

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
HEMI 5.7
Well got off work early today and figured I'd get to work on ripping the old exhaust off. worst case I could finish the install tomorrow.

Well after destroying two hack sawblades, I switched to my dremel and cut the joint brackets. and after a lot of pulling twisting and prying ( and a lot of rust and **** in my eyes) the old one is out.

Even had time to install the new system and tighten her up and drive it around the neighborhood.

The first video was taken a couple days ago and is the stock exhaust with the K&N CAI:https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=kxFHPA5tJKE

This one is the sound from insode the cab yesterday: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=08l3VytKrIE

This is after everything is installed: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=QRX_zRuEMKU&feature=youtu.be

Little bit I have driven it, I love it. Everything went in perfect. maybe took an hour to install the new exhaust.

Now I am thinking, HIGHer flow CATs? and the exhaust manifolds are looking pretty rough..... replace with HEADERS? or OEM manifolds? suggestions?

Thanks for all the feedback all.

WulfGang

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
Your last video is w/out mufflers right?

Just cats and pipe out the back?

OP
OP
A

ATC1500

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
HEMI 5.7
If you are talking about this one: MBRP INSTALLED

I have the whole system attached. The attached pic is the system i bought.

Removed the stock muffler and resonator. what is below in the pic is exaactly what is onthe underside of the truck.

Attachments

• mbrp_S5126409.jpg
    mbrp_S5126409.jpg
    9 KB · Views: 82

WulfGang

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7

Removed the stock muffler and resonator. what is below in the pic is exaactly what is onthe underside of the truck.

Thanx

I'm wanting to go louder.

But I'm concerned a **** delete will make it too loud when I tow.

Ares_288

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
5.7 Hemi Magnum

I have the same setup, love it. It's deep, but not obnoxiously loud

OP
OP
A

ATC1500

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
HEMI 5.7
ill get a video clip from inside while driving and with moderate and full acceleration soon.