Michelin Defender LTX m/s

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

atom13

Reaction score
Ram Year
Na
Engine
Na
I had a free day and they were in stock at my local costco. Got rid of the good year. They only had 16k miles but couldn't grip anything in the rain. Just had my first run with the michelin with damp roads. They are great not a single chirp.

jouart

Military
Reaction score
Ram Year
2015 Laramie
Engine
Hemi 5.7 8 Speed
I had a free day and they were in stock at my local costco. Got rid of the good year. They only had 16k miles but couldn't grip anything in the rain. Just had my first run with the michelin with damp roads. They are great not a single chirp.
I put them on my wife’s Grand Cherokee last winter great tire wet roads and snow. Putting them on my when I replace the ones in my Ram.

OP
OP
A

atom13

Reaction score
Ram Year
Na
Engine
Na
I drive windy back roads to work and slide around on the good years one time with 500# in the back and chirp at every red light when wet. I didn't trust them one bit in the rain. They still have 6/32 left too. Really didn't want to spend the money proactively but I guess its better than ending up in a ditch. I have 12 people wanting to buy the Goodyears for $200 so not too bad.

jimh4662

Reaction score
Ram Year
2019 RAM Laramie Longhorn C.C. Delmonico Red PearlCoat
Engine
Hemi 5.7
4 th set, mileage so good trade value increased on 2014. When I picked up my 2019 I drove it straight to my tire dealership, bought new Michelins. They gave me 70.00 trade in value on each of the BF's. Which I was not expecting. Oh and bumped up to 60 series, fills the well much better Why Chrysler went to 6 lug and put smaller tires on ram after many years isn't for gas mileage. Because I got better mileage in in 2014 with pretty much same profile. (except never again air suspension).

jouart

Military
Reaction score
Ram Year
2015 Laramie
Engine
Hemi 5.7 8 Speed
Have you noticed a decrease in gas mileage ?

jessie_m

Military
Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Have a set on my '97 ram and a set on the wifes Durango. They are amazing tires for all weather.

Darth

Military
Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
As everyone here knows the stock Goodyears are garbage. Michelin are probably the best tires on the market. They tend to be on the pricey side but you get what you pay for (Premium Tire).

OP
OP
A

atom13

Reaction score
Ram Year
Na
Engine
Na
Have you noticed a decrease in gas mileage ?

Mileage is the same. I did drive thru a heavy rain storm today. I would have had to go a minimum 10 mph slower with the Goodyears. I did have to swing thru a wide intersection while making a left hander due to a fast light. All confidence and zero slippage. Great tires. I had new perelli on 20 a few months ago on my previous car and it is a night and day difference.

jouart

Military
Reaction score
Ram Year
2015 Laramie
Engine
Hemi 5.7 8 Speed
Mileage is the same. I did drive thru a heavy rain storm today. I would have had to go a minimum 10 mph slower with the Goodyears. I did have to swing thru a wide intersection while making a left hander due to a fast light. All confidence and zero slippage. Great tires. I had new perelli on 20 a few months ago on my previous car and it is a night and day difference.
Good to hear thanks for the follow up.

huntergreen

Military
Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
hemi 5.7

Thanks for the mini write up. Will be looking at these when I replace the stockers.

gofishn

Reaction score
Ram Year
2022 Ram 1500 5th Gen, Big Horn, 4X4, Crew Cab, 6'4" Box
Engine
hemi 5.7L, 345 cu in

Got some bad news for you , sir.
You will paying those Michelin prices for the rest of your life.
Doubt I ever buy anything else.

On a positive note, your tires will darn near last forever. Have never got less than 60-70K and I tend to replace at 5/32nds. Had a tire losing air, just a month or two ago. Took it in and they said the tire could not be fixed and I would need a brand nnw one. When I asked if I would need to replace the other three, due to the wear differential, he said nope, they are so close it won;t matter.

My tires had 40K miles on them!

Last edited: