Might be joining the 5th gen family soon

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

jsteinm1

Reaction score
Ram Year
2014 Ram 1500 Sport CC
Engine
HEMI 5.7L
V9wIzM2.jpg

Deer decided to run out in front of me on the highway the other morning. Fortunately, I was completely unharmed in the accident but my truck didn't fare well. It's currently at the dealer getting appraised for damages. They weren't sure yet, but warned me to be ready for a total loss :(

So I might be in the market soon. Since they took my beloved sport trim away, what is going to be the most similar? From the looking I've done so far, it seems like a Laramie with the Night Edition package is my best bet. Seems like pricing has gone way up since I got mine in 2014 also. I only paid $35k for that one new, almost fully loaded. Am I going to have a chance at snagging a Laramie similar to that for $40-45k even?

Give me any other new truck tips you got going on, if deals are good now or not, etc... I'm pretty patient, so I can buy a clunker to buy myself some extra looking time if I need to.

Purplert

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Laramie with the sport package or night package would be close. I don’t think you’ll get one that cheap but there are some deals. FYI MSRP on my Laramie was 61k i bought it for 50.5 this past Sept. the 2020 inventory are thinning out so it’s becoming harder and harder to find especially depending on the options you want.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

Last edited:

unxpctd

Reaction score
Ram Year
2021 PW 75A
Engine
6.4 Hemi
That is alot of damage from 1 deer.....I'm glad you're ok! This is one of the reasons I own a truck and not a car. Your truck sacrificed itself to save you from injury.

Good luck getting something that fits your needs and budget! Good time to be buying...but as was stated...the 2020 inventory is thinning out. Be ready to travel a bit if needed for the right deal.

quietpeen

Supporting Member
Reaction score
Ram Year
2021 TRX
Engine
Hellcat
Look for a big horn with a sport appearance package.

OP
OP
jsteinm1

jsteinm1

Reaction score
Ram Year
2014 Ram 1500 Sport CC
Engine
HEMI 5.7L
Laramie with the sport package or night package would be close. I don’t think you’ll get one that cheap but there are some deals. FYI MSRP on my Laramie was 61k i bought it for 50.5 this past Sept. the 2020 inventory are thinning out so it’s becoming harder and harder to find especially depending on the options you want.

Good to know. $58k is the MSRP I get from the builder with the options I'd like to have. My last truck I got $14k off MSRP so if I could do that again it'd be just about right. Granted I wish it was closer to $35k like my last truck, but can't have it all I suppose haha. At least this one I'd be starting with a lot of cash down from insurance, my current one was nearly paid off and has pretty good value still.

OP
OP
jsteinm1

jsteinm1

Reaction score
Ram Year
2014 Ram 1500 Sport CC
Engine
HEMI 5.7L

Good to know. $58k is the MSRP I get from the builder with the options I'd like to have. My last truck I got $14k off MSRP so if I could do that again it'd be just about right. Granted I wish it was closer to $35k like my last truck, but can't have it all I suppose haha. At least this one I'd be starting with a lot of cash down from insurance, my current one was nearly paid off and has pretty good value still.

McBroom

U.S.Marine Veteran Retired 88-2000
Military
Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 6.4L
Come on over to the 5th gen. You won't regret it.
Sorry for the loss of your truck though. Glad you weren't hurt.

Black 20 Ram

BNeal

Reaction score
Ram Year
2021 Limited
Engine
5.7 Hemi
Glad you weren't hurt. I'll be that deer has one hell of a headache, though!

Flame Red Rebel

Supporting Member
Military
Reaction score
Ram Year
2019 Rebel
Engine
Hemi Hybrid
OUCH !!! BTW, we LOVE our Gen 5

We saved money buying a used one with 23K miles and WAY less then the $60K MSRP new

The Headlights are SPACE age over our 2013 Ram !!!!

So no humans where hurt, deer can kill u !!

quietpeen

Supporting Member
Reaction score
Ram Year
2021 TRX
Engine
Hellcat
I think I saw in another thread that you might be considering a Rebel also. Definitely give it a look and test drive. One thing you would be giving up over a laramie though is the cooled seats. Its not available on the Rebel.

OP
OP
jsteinm1

jsteinm1

Reaction score
Ram Year
2014 Ram 1500 Sport CC
Engine
HEMI 5.7L
I think I saw in another thread that you might be considering a Rebel also. Definitely give it a look and test drive. One thing you would be giving up over a laramie though is the cooled seats. Its not available on the Rebel.

Good to know- and I may end up at the mercy of what's available for a price I'm willing to pay. Cooled seats are a feature I really liked on my sport. I like the styling of the Rebel but never do any off road driving.

Is the stock ride height on the Rebel higher than the other models? I thought I saw that somewhere but couldn't confirm it. I have no intentions of doing a full lift (other than leveling kit) but wouldn't mind a bit higher ride. I thought about throwing on a body lift to get a few more inches if they're available on 5th gens.

quietpeen

Supporting Member
Reaction score
Ram Year
2021 TRX
Engine
Hellcat
Good to know- and I may end up at the mercy of what's available for a price I'm willing to pay. Cooled seats are a feature I really liked on my sport. I like the styling of the Rebel but never do any off road driving.

Is the stock ride height on the Rebel higher than the other models? I thought I saw that somewhere but couldn't confirm it. I have no intentions of doing a full lift (other than leveling kit) but wouldn't mind a bit higher ride. I thought about throwing on a body lift to get a few more inches if they're available on 5th gens.
don't need to do any offroading to have a Rebel lol. Mine won't see any offroad use, that is what my jeep is for. The Rebel might be higher...I honestly don't know. I plan to only do a level kit and 34" tires

OP
OP
jsteinm1

jsteinm1

Reaction score
Ram Year
2014 Ram 1500 Sport CC
Engine
HEMI 5.7L
don't need to do any offroading to have a Rebel lol. Mine won't see any offroad use, that is what my jeep is for. The Rebel might be higher...I honestly don't know. I plan to only do a level kit and 34" tires

haha agreed- the 22s that come on the Laramie vs 18s on the Rebel is a bit more my style. I know 18" wheels are geared more for better off road choices with tires.

quietpeen

Supporting Member
Reaction score
Ram Year
2021 TRX
Engine
Hellcat
haha agreed- the 22s that come on the Laramie vs 18s on the Rebel is a bit more my style. I know 18" wheels are geared more for better off road choices with tires.
I'm looking at 20's to put on my rebel, or wheel spacers and bigger tires(don't like the "skipped leg day look" haha)Plus it's probably pretty easy to find a set of 22 take-off's if that is what you like

Mpgrimm2

Preferred Vendor
Military
Reaction score
Ram Year
2022 Ram 1500 (5th Gen)
Engine
5.7L
Make not help you in Nebraska, but I managed to pickup a leftover 19 Laramie 4x2 QC v8 eTorque 12" UAX w/3.92 here in SC last month for $39.6k OTD ($9.6k w/trade... they have 2 more, and a few leftover '19 Rebels also). Link.

I definitely prefer the "Laramie Sport" package which is like a mild Blackout with Better wheels. Alas, I will need to change a few things over to get the same look, but I will come out ahead when done.

M² Mods.

Last edited:
OP
OP
jsteinm1

jsteinm1

Reaction score
Ram Year
2014 Ram 1500 Sport CC
Engine
HEMI 5.7L
Make not help you in Nebraska, but I managed to pickup a leftover 19 Laramie 4x2 QC v8 eTorque 12" UAX w/3.92 here in SC last month for $39.6k OTD ($9.6k w/trade... they have 2 more, and a few leftover '19 Rebels also). Link.

I definitely prefer the "Laramie Sport" package which is like a mild Blackout with Better wheels. Alas, I will need to change a few things over to get the same look, but I will come out ahead when done.

M² Mods.

Yeah in Nebraska I'd have to put my keys up from end of fall to spring just about haha. That and resale on a 2WD truck here is pretty rough naturally.