Mod Questions for Christmas List

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Noved

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
Hey guys pretty much I am doing my Christmas List early for family and relatives and was wondering would this combo work for me. What I do with my truck is Daily drive with it and tow some project tinker vehicles, random projects or parts in my enclosed or on my flatbed trailer. The load can and has hit 8k in weight with it never being lower than 3000 and I tow about once or twice a month. That is why I made sure my truck had the tow package and 3.92 gears. I do not really race with the truck but I like to get into every now and then so that being said, I have the JBA Titanium Ceramic Coated Shorty Headers and the S&B CAI reusable dry filter on the list so far. I want to stay away from a tuner for right now. My main concern is I do not want to lose any low end torque since I tow with my truck at least twice a month and that is one of the main reasons if not the main reason I bought it for. I looked at Torque converters but I decided to pass on that for right now. I am light in terms of Mods but I would not mind making things more efficient. My dealer told me that with the headers and CAI they will not void my warranty as well which is nice to know. Sorry for wall of text and just let me know what you guys think.

Last edited:
OP
OP
Noved

Noved

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
Sorry for the constant editing long day at work and I am exhausted which leads to mistakes and or rambling lol.

Last edited:

White Beauty

Reaction score
Ram Year
2011 Ram 1500 SLT
Engine
Hemi 5.7L
Airlift 1000. Bags for inside your rear coils to help carry the weight while towing. Keep the nose down and thus maintaining a better mpg

Sent from my SGH-I747M using Tapatalk 4

OP
OP
Noved

Noved

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
Thanks you White Beauty I forgot about the Airlift 1000 bags it has been in my head since I bought the truck in November. It is now added. :)

Hemi450hp

Moe's Performance
Preferred Vendor
Reaction score
Ram Year
2014 Ram 1500
Engine
Whipple Supercharged 422" Hemi
When it comes to power mods, the JBA headers will give you about 10-12hp. I know you are hesitant on the tuner just yet, but that is going to give you the best bang for buck. You would actually gain more from the tuner alone than you will from the intake and headers combined.

Etroze86

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
5.7 Hemi
You mentioned making things more effiecent, I would get a TQ to take a bunch of power train loss out of the transmission. Talk with your dealer about a tuner cause mine said as long as they can work around it they won't void any warranty. Brake controller is another thing I would add if you don't have one already. I love the one that came stock in mine and don't think I will be towing without one ever again.

Cascade

Reaction score
Ram Year
2010 TRX4
Engine
Hemi 5.7
I agree with matt, with a tuner you will see the most improvement. Also if you are worried about warranty stuff, it is highly recommended to always set the truck back to stock tune wise before going to the dealership for anything. Somebody can correct me if I am wrong but if for some reason something does happen that needs warranty work I don't think they can verify that it had a tune in it.

OP
OP
Noved

Noved

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
When it comes to power mods, the JBA headers will give you about 10-12hp. I know you are hesitant on the tuner just yet, but that is going to give you the best bang for buck. You would actually gain more from the tuner alone than you will from the intake and headers combined.

You mentioned making things more effiecent, I would get a TQ to take a bunch of power train loss out of the transmission. Talk with your dealer about a tuner cause mine said as long as they can work around it they won't void any warranty. Brake controller is another thing I would add if you don't have one already. I love the one that came stock in mine and don't think I will be towing without one ever again.

I agree with matt, with a tuner you will see the most improvement. Also if you are worried about warranty stuff, it is highly recommended to always set the truck back to stock tune wise before going to the dealership for anything. Somebody can correct me if I am wrong but if for some reason something does happen that needs warranty work I don't think they can verify that it had a tune in it.

Thank you for the replies guys and opinions guys. I want to mention that my truck does have the Integrated Trailer Brake controller from Dodge and I like that feature a bunch. A torque Converter I will think on. I read through my initial thread and come to the conclusion of this fact that I really did not describe anything of my intentions clearly on a rushed got home from work hurry up post. That being said when I got my 85mm from Matt and installed it I noticed the truck did not have that "give me a moment" feeling like before like it did stock and made me realize the stock intake is not giving it the air it needs. I like the trucks acceleration when it is around the 50-70 degree mark and it feels like it is not running on near suffocating levels. I am thinking its my stock intake with its tubing, stock air filter and housing setup. The stock headers do not look that great either. That is why I want to fix these issues before I look into the tuner and I hope I described it correctly on what I am after. I know when it gets hot that everything tends to slow a little bit but I really do not think it should be that much and cosmetically the two mods would look awesome as a bonus. Sorry again for the wall of text but if I am being dumb and its all in my head do not be afraid to tell me so it is why I am hear to learn about this stuff and ask questions and enjoy my Ram like you guys do share stuff. Thanks again guys.

EDIT: Yeah I know my first post is 100% misleading but that is really what I am looking for. I rather ask the question twice then do it wrong if you know what I mean.

Last edited:
OP
OP
Noved

Noved

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
Guess I am being dumb lol thanks for replying guys and for your opinions I really appreciate it and I will take the items recommended to me and think it over.