Mud Flaps Ya or Na

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

caskem

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 6.4
After trenching the yard while trying to get the trailer out and sending rooster tails of mud up the front of the trailer, mud flaps are on order.

BIG RED HEMI

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 6.4L/392CI
I figured I would throw this out to the forum. I'm debating on getting flaps for my 2018 Ram 1500 black out edition. I tried finding pics online to see the truck with them on but have not had any luck. The cost for OEM is $116 through my dealer plus the pain in the ass of taking off my wheels to do this lol. So just wondering if you guys or gals think its worth it?

Any input would be appreciated :)

I got nice Ram mud flaps from the dealer for my truck, and I like them, but I'm thinking of taking them off and getting Bushwacker fender flares. They look nicer then flaps.

Tegspeed813

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
3.6VVT
I'm having the same debate for my truck. I think I'm gonna go with yes.

Sent from my Pixel using Tapatalk

corneileous

Reaction score
Ram Year
2018 Ram 1500 Limited 4X4
Engine
Hemi 5.7
I sure like my Weathertech splash guards. Had a set for my old truck too. These for the new truck were even easier to install than they were on the old ‘08. They do a pretty good job and protecting the paint from all the rocks these BFG AT’s kick up. Lol.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

CamrenR

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
We have 4 Ram trucks; every one of them have mudflaps. We had a big problem a while back with stone chips on the bottom of our Reg Cab 6.5' box, after aprox 5 months of ownership there were 20-30 chips on the bottom of the rockers on each side from stones. After putting on mudflaps there were only a couple here and there once in a while. Definitely worth the investment.

Plus you don't have to remove the tires to put them on, just crank the wheels side to side.

Reactions: U&A

Addicted2fishing

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
HEMI 5.7
We have 4 Ram trucks; every one of them have mudflaps. We had a big problem a while back with stone chips on the bottom of our Reg Cab 6.5' box, after aprox 5 months of ownership there were 20-30 chips on the bottom of the rockers on each side from stones. After putting on mudflaps there were only a couple here and there once in a while. Definitely worth the investment.

Plus you don't have to remove the tires to put them on, just crank the wheels side to side.

Good advice. This is exactly why I put them on the truck even though I am not a fan lol. My last truck had damage to the clear coat and chips. Almost looked like someone sandblasted the clearcoat.

I always recommend husky liner molded. Can be painted (which I did), minimal contact with the painted areas and they come with clear film to protect the paint where the contact is

Worth every penny.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

unxpctd

Reaction score
Ram Year
2021 PW 75A
Engine
6.4 Hemi
Husky mudflaps here...look stock and help keep the truck a bit cleaner (although they don't stop everything of course).

Steveo8x8

Reaction score
Ram Year
2017 Ram 2500 Megacab
Engine
6.7l Cummins
I just installed aev heavy duty rubber splash guards on my 2500 and I love them! I was afraid they would look a bit overkill on the truck but I honestly feel it made it look a little better of all things. Plus I got tired of hearing big rocks ding off my rocker panel. Worth every penny in my eyes

snobnk

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
hemi
These have been great...20171206_160950.jpg

U&A

Reaction score
Ram Year
2016 3500 SRW
Engine
6.4 HEMI
My Husky mud flaps (price matched by Nick@GotExhaust) arrived yesterday. I have to drive on gravel roads so it's definitely worth it to me. I would think they would help keep your dark truck cleaner too.

I have the husky flaps as well and absolutely love them. Small enough to keep the truck looking good but made a HUGE difference in rocks hitting my rockers and such.

McBroom

U.S.Marine Veteran Retired 88-2000
Military
Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 6.4L
Hell yeah

I Love My 2018 RAM 2500HD 4x4

U&A

Reaction score
Ram Year
2016 3500 SRW
Engine
6.4 HEMI
I got nice Ram mud flaps from the dealer for my truck, and I like them, but I'm thinking of taking them off and getting Bushwacker fender flares. They look nicer then flaps.

Keep an eye on them. The mopar mud flaps have been known to rub the paint off you fender over time/ or just chaff them heavily

crash68

ACME product engineer
Staff member
Administrator
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
3.0 EcoDiesel
Keep an eye on them. The mopar mud flaps have been known to rub the paint off you fender over time/ or just chaff them heavily
The Husky Liner mudflaps come with clear paint protectors you put on the truck before mounting the mudflaps.

BrianJE

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 6.4
I tow a lot and respect other peoples windshields so I run these on mine.20180220_171229.jpg

Fritzzz

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
Hi guys..Im getting some conflicting info about the oem mud flaps from mopar. The front flap does fit or not with the oem running boards? I dont have concerning about that flap rubbing the paint...I can install some clear vinyl to protect the paint on the installation...í just wanna make sure that it fits perfectly with no gaps...the dealership installed rubber mud flaps on the rear but I dont like them...it has the dealership chrome plate on it...and I am not making any money for advertisement hahahaha. I know that huskies and water techs has a nice fit, but I like the look of the oems...and since I dont do off road normally...I dont have needs to flaps sitting outside the flares. you can see my lover on the picture...cheers!

2018-08-26 10.44.39.jpg

corneileous

Reaction score
Ram Year
2018 Ram 1500 Limited 4X4
Engine
Hemi 5.7
I know this might sound silly but, I’m not sure about the chrome mopar side steps like the ones you have. My truck had the body color mopar side steps and I put on a set of Weathertech mud guards with no figment issues. I’m not sure about the mopar flaps but I wouldn’t think they’d be much different. 2e3a875f6ae012c36c108f49a5997430.jpg

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

U&A

Reaction score
Ram Year
2016 3500 SRW
Engine
6.4 HEMI
Absolutely. I love mudflaps. But they are totally a function over form kinda thing for most people. Do what you want don’t worry about what we think.

Eye of the beholder. I think some trucks look better with mudflaps.

This truck looks kick ass with these mud flaps.

b30d625dd7d4dd29b3f69a84092dd772.jpg