Muffler vs muffler delete

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

ShaneR

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
5.7 Hemi
hi.. first time on the forum.. first Ram truck as well.. only mod so far other then cosmetic is a muffler delete.. did that about 10 days after buying the truck.. so don’t have much comparison time.. does removing stock muffler cause a loss of power?? I’m sure this has been addressed a million times lol.. so any help would be appreciated...

abouttobeglue

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
May loose a little down low, but gain it on the top end. I run a gibson mwa race, which per their website flows 3xfm less than a straight pipe and i actually felt a bit of pickup midrange. If you like the sound leave it be, plenty of folks on here running muffler deletes with no ill effects.

abouttobeglue

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Far as backpressure you've got the factory cats, kinked y off the manifolds, and 2 resonators out back.

Nick@GotExhaust

Preferred Vendor
Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Far as backpressure you've got the factory cats, kinked y off the manifolds, and 2 resonators out back.

You wont be loosing much, if any at all. as stated above the factory cats and horrible factory Y-pipe will give you enough back pressure. plus the factory manifolds are pretty stingy too

Boosted Motorsports

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
5.7 Hemi
Has nobody here seen Hot Rod magazine video on this where they debunk the backpressure debate?

Riccochet

Reaction score
Ram Year
2020 2500 Laramie Longhorn
Engine
Has nobody here seen Hot Rod magazine video on this where they debunk the backpressure debate?

Ideally, you want proper scavenging, not backpressure forcing exhaust back in to the cylinder. Engine is an air pump. The quicker you can get air in and out the better.

Factory

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Ideally, you want proper scavenging, not backpressure forcing exhaust back in to the cylinder. Engine is an air pump. The quicker you can get air in and out the better.

Aka ( velocity )

G-Ride990

Administrator
Staff member
Administrator
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
I noticed no loss in power with a muffler delete. It actually seemed to wake the truck up a bit. I did an intake at the same time though so hard to tell which helped more if either did at all.
I also agree that back pressure is Bs. Watch the video boosted mentioned and also check out engine masters exhaust pipe size shootout or header dent tests.

abouttobeglue

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Gibson mwa, only muffler ive ever used that i actually felt a midrange increase. Not popular like magnaflow or flowmaster, but I'll swear by them, unlike like flows and magnaflow which i swear at.

Factory

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Gibson mwa, only muffler ive ever used that i actually felt a midrange increase. Not popular like magnaflow or flowmaster, but I'll swear by them, unlike like flows and magnaflow which i swear at.

Their motto is to make power where trucks need it , low to midrange

hemisport5.7

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine

Yep I 100% agree with this. I did the muffle delete and all I found was the power curve changed a little. I have slightly more power in mid and maybe lost a tiny bit on the low end. All it did was change the scavenging pulse.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Lowrider357