My 2013 Ram 1500, break vaccume pump. 5.7 location!!

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

crazykid1994

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
At this point I’m halfway curious how hard it would be to add this in on a 5.7 if I were to do a big cam to prevent issues with braking or vacuum leaks. It’s funny saying that because I deleted the vacuum pump off my car due to causing issues with oil leaks and not enough vacuum for braking... than again that’s on a vw

Tach_tech

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
5.7L HEMI
Never know. Ill find out by this weekend. There is a matched plug on the back top of the motor that the pump plugs into (and runs the pump correctly) and drops down behind the motor as well as the line going to it from the valve. I will look more tomorrow.

There’s still only 1 port and 1 line going to the booster though. It’s very possible you’ll find a connector that it may plug into, it’s only a 2 wire connector and is likely used on other connectors.

OP
OP
Hemi J

Hemi J

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
So after ******** at 3 diffrent local dealers, Master mechanics. And f****** Mopar Parts Direct (Who sold me the part linked to my vin and motor #) And searching for about 6 damn hours total. The damn vaccume pump is NOT for my truck, there is a pump in the system that is tied into the ABS control moduel that adds a very slight amount of vaccume to the motor (5.7ltr) but They were all wrong in tern i was wrong. So thank you to every one that was correct and pushing for the fact that I/they were wrong because it pushed me to dig deeper and deeper based on the mater techs that were advising me as well as the vin check line up for the part. It was a bunch of s*** but Mopar Parts Direct is rectifing the issue not only by giving me a full refund on my WHOLE ORDER, not just the pump, but also adding a $150 inconvenience credit back to my card as well. So again thanks for all that responded and helped me sort this out. Just goes to show you not everyone knows what they are talking about even if they have been doing things for 30 yrs. I learned some s*** too. Bring on the i told you so's lmao but I really am greatful for everyones responce. This is the last post im going to make on this topic. See yall around.

Tach_tech

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
5.7L HEMI
I won’t say it lol.

Now you know though, and honestly there’s nothing wrong with wanting to find out the truth first hand with your own eyes and hands, rather than taking someone else’s word for it. I’m the same way with a lot of things.

Glad you were able to get your money back and come out ahead a little bit.

jasonw

Supporting Member
Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
5.7L Hemi V8
Takes a a bit guts to come back on here after that. Most disappear, never to be heard from again. So much harder to swallow your pride and admit what you did.

I am glad to hear you got your money back, and very glad that you came back here. We need more people in this world like you! :happy160:

fivestar

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
5.7L Hemi
Yeah, props to admitting your mistake. Glad you got it sorted out.

blkjeeptj

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
Y’all are a charitable bunch. That’s all I’m going to say.

slacadjuster

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
5.7L
Hey, whats up people. So to start as this is my first post. I have a 2013 Ram 1500 4x4 Big Horn 5.7 and only 70k miles.. I got 13 bar (measurement of vaccume coming from the motor, should be 18-22. 18 being minimum) coming from my trucks vaccume making my breaks hard. Diagnosis after hours of my time doing all the break systems diagnostic (done by my self as a 12 yr mechanic) its the fact that the vaccume pump is failing. The only issue is that i cant find the damn thing!! The shop manual (not owners manual) I have has 4 freaking sentences with no photos about it (remove air box, remove plug, remove bolts- repeat for instal). Nothing on Google or youtube or any form I could find at all. Called dodge afte 4 techs got a master tech and f****** still got an "im not sure". The whole damn interwebs has nothing I can find. I need to know where it is located because unless its directly on the back of the motor or under the manifold i cant find it. Also I vin checked not only my truck but the motor its self and it is there somewhere. As well as the electrical is wired for it threw me going threw the diagrams as well. Can someone please help me find the damn thing. Thanks guys! Because shy of me tearing the motor down or stripping off all of the wire loom on the whole harness and tracing 2 wires, I got nothing. Thanks in advance for any help. I will be posting on youtube once I find it for any other guys that are having the same issue.

P.s. the timing is perfect for anyone that knows that could be the cause. Lol

View attachment 166234

View attachment 166235

View attachment 166236

LOL, ya may have been doing mechanics for 12 years, but not sure I'd trust my vehicle to you. You don't even know the difference between breaks and brakes. Brakes are what are on vehicles, breaks are what one takes when one is at work for instance.