My Budget 4th Gen Cummins Crew Cab Build

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Cummins H.O.

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Cummins 6.7
Thought I would document this process. Maybe help some newbie audio guys out like myself down they road, if they decide to take the leap for a self install. My goal down the road is to eventually have an active setup. I will need to gain some experience and knowledge in tuning systems, and expand my budget.

But for now....this will be my 2nd install ever. Have basic knowledge, but will be learning on the fly also. Have learned a lot digging through forum posts/youtube videos, and the regulars on this forum are awesome for helping out and giving suggestions. Keep in mind this is a budget build, as the following equipment list will attest to that.

MY EQUIPMENT:

HERTZ ESK 165 COMPS

SKAR IVXV2 10" (Thanks to Etroze for the hookup)

SKAR LP 750.1D (Thanks to Etroze for the hookup)

ALPINE MRP-F300

KENWOOD EXCELON KDC-X998

FOX ACOUSTICS SINGLE 10" PORTED BOX

KNUKONCEPTZ KNO KNOISE KOLOSSUS SOUND DEADENER

Some of this equipment I already own, and just took out of my single cab silverado. Otherwise, in the process of getting the rest of it ordered. The weak link will be the Fox Box...as I have read numerous horror stories on how long those take to ship out 3-4 weeks. Obviously made to order kind of thing. I placed the order on Monday.

I travel a lot for work, but will update and document the process with photos as much as I can.

OP
OP
Cummins H.O.

Cummins H.O.

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Cummins 6.7
So...maybe....just maybe....Fox Acoustics is on their game these days??

No sooner did I start the thread, did I get an e-mail from them.

"Hello Justin ,

Your order has shipped. (Order#: 6367 placed on 10/27/2014)

To track your package visit the following link:

You may also use the preceding link to review your order details or print an invoice

Thanks again for shopping at FOX ACOUSTICS LLC!
Visit us anytime at http://www.foxacoustics.com/"

SWEET!!!

Etroze86

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
5.7 Hemi
Nice Justin can't wait to see how this turns out for you. BTW if anyone thinks those hertz are budget they haven't heard them ;).

ramdude916

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
You guys have me thinking about the hertz 6.5s. My polka had damaged tweeters. They sent me a replacement but I have yet to open the box to replace them. Hmmm. The only problem is id have to bridge my amp to get the power I'd need. Maybe I could install the rear components in my trailer. Lol

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

ramdude916

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
As for the fox box I received mine in just over 2 weeks. They sent me a tracking number but it's not a done deal until you see the box move. From that point it's 5 days

OP
OP
Cummins H.O.

Cummins H.O.

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Cummins 6.7
Tracking says it was picked up @ 4pm today. So..must be on its way.

That's awesome...wasn't expecting to have it for a few weeks. They must be stocking some inventory these days.

ramdude916

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
Good deal

that white kid

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
5.7 hemi
I ordered a fox box saturday so hopefully it should be here soon I hate to hijack but does anyone know how well these boxs are made it was pretty much my only option under 500 dollars to fit my JLW6V3's

S

scotts2012ram

All good stuff you're using. I had the same worries about the box coming a part as had been said. These is how i put my box together as i have 2 sundown e10s in there ported box i used adhesive silicon can get at autozone its very sticky pilot drilled all the screw holes then screwed together. I let it set for 2 days as i was busy but a full day should do. These way has held up to those to sundowns for a year so far and thats with alot on up loud playing around the fire plus daily use