Navigation Help

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

baum

Reaction score
Ram Year
2015 Laramie
Engine
Hemi 5.7
A few had problems which were similar. Was the map in the wrong location? the street name at top of the screen wrong?... or both simultaneously? Were you able to calculate a route? Did you ever see the "activating navigation" message?... not at all or only after starting up?

all i can remember was..

the map was at the wrong location, the compass was incorrect, and the streets were ones that i was on about 30-45 minutes previous when the nav wasnt even turned on

OP
OP
G

Griebz

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
That sounds to me like signal issues .. Did you check the sat connections ? When mine was acting crazy not all were working .. The day I used it with no issues they were all lit up and functioning

OP
OP
G

Griebz

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
Just received a message from uconnect .. They're saying the issue has been resolved . I haven't had a chance to try the Nav yet .. Keep you posted

Ricks Ram

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
Been using mine for two days and it has been working fine......bigger question is what happened? All these radios use the same satellites. Why were only our radios with the Firmware update affected? It realy makes no sense. Way over my head but leaves you with an uneasy feeling because we know we won't get the truth.

OP
OP
G

Griebz

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
The case manager said they were having a problem on their end with the signal being picked up by the truck . Guess we'll see

OP
OP
G

Griebz

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
I guess for what ever reason the updated firmware affects the signal somehow .. He said they pretty much got it worked out . Hope he's right

norcal-dmb

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Diesel 6.7 Cummins
Just put over 100 miles on mine with no issues, maybe it is resolved after all.

rpasetto

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
5.7L V8 Hemi
Been using mine for two days and it has been working fine......bigger question is what happened? All these radios use the same satellites. Why were only our radios with the Firmware update affected? It realy makes no sense. Way over my head but leaves you with an uneasy feeling because we know we won't get the truth.

It wasn't only the radios with the recent update. Many firmware versions on Ram, Jeep, Chryslers, and Dodges were affected. The reports I saw on verious forums mentioned Uconnect 8.4AN and Uconnect 8.4A but I do not know if the issue was limited to that (maybe someone with Uconnect 4 or 5 versions can comment here).

It certainly wasn't the satellites themselves, as other Nav systems, radio and other things were not affected. It's likely that these versions ** of Uconnect that were affected have a software bug (or ten) which failed to handle something coming down from the satellites. Since it happened all of a sudden to many of us it's also likely that something, perhaps in the software controlling the satellites, was changed, maybe on Saturday, and then fixed or changed back a few days later when all the crashing stopped.

In the forum threads I've read, members reported being told satellites, google, garmin, and the weather were at fault by various FCA support persons. The real reason will probably never get out; I doubt whether the powers that be of FCA has given their support people all the facts.

**Note: From what I can recall versions 15.26.1, 15.06.1, 15.17.5, and 14.??? were mentioned in various forum posts. There may have been other versions affected but I do not recall version numbers mentioned. Apparently dealers who do these updates do not always tell customers which software version was installed and, from my own experience, do not even check to make sure the update was properly loaded.

Bill507

Military
Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
No problems today for me either. . Had nav running on commute home and all sats seemed to be active, no reset or blackout issues whatsoever not even one shade of grey. So blackout-gate, uconnect-gate or maby navi-gate is over (for now)??

Sent from my SM-G900V using Tapatalk

rpasetto

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
5.7L V8 Hemi
No problems today for me either. . Had nav running on commute home and all sats seemed to be active, no reset or blackout issues whatsoever not even one shade of grey. So blackout-gate, uconnect-gate or maby navi-gate is over (for now)??

Sent from my SM-G900V using Tapatalk

you coined the best term for this :)

:favorites13:

Dougsign

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Cummins
On a different note my nav on my 2015 is so far out of date. Doesn't show some intersections that were completed over a year ago. I don't subscribe to u connect. Maybe that's why?

rpasetto

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
5.7L V8 Hemi
On a different note my nav on my 2015 is so far out of date. Doesn't show some intersections that were completed over a year ago. I don't subscribe to u connect. Maybe that's why?

What version do you have? Latest is 15.17.5. That may have some road updates; but it evidently takes a while for new road data to get thru the system.

SitKneelBend

Military
Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
3.6 Pentastar
The latest maps available for any 2013+ RAM is from 2013. This includes the map "update" they are selling for $150.

Sent from my HTC One using Tapatalk