need help w/ loading tune

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

savage_46

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
6.4 swapped
I updated my trinity t1000 for a canned TCM tune & pulled my custom PCM tune out prior to doing so. I was able to update the TCM & also selected to reupload my custom PCM tune. Trinity said it was doing so & completed successfully. I start the engine & rev it, and she's limited to 4000 in park/neutral just like stock (custom would go to 5500 - 6000). Cycle trans gears & it shifts into reverse & drive harder, and getting a little drive line clunk. It definitely feels like the TCM tune worked, but i cannot figure out how to get my PCM tuned. Right now, trinity says it doesn't recognize the vehicle & is not married. Under last tune written, it has my PCM p/n & TCM blank. I've reset what type of vehicle it is ("15+ dcx gas). I've tried multiple times to send my custom tune & original back up to the tool (using potential match & also browse). Help, I can't figure this damn thing out. What am i missing or forgetting?

Saltillo Express

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
Did you use a windows or mac to update? Regardless of their current marketing - Ignition does not work at all on high sierra. I recently went through a similar mess trying to tune a second vehicle. I had to update the device, then remarry it to the first vehicle. Then mysteriously, I had to do a "calibration update". So it would seem there is a device update then a calibration update. Only then would it re-write my Hemifever tune back into the truck. Block out about 4 hours of your day if you call in. LoL good luck.

OP
OP
S

savage_46

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
6.4 swapped
Using windows. I did the cal update & device update. At one point, i was able to select my HF tune & get that going into the truck, but for whatever reason it doesn't seem to have gone through. Now, it won't let me get that far.

OP
OP
S

savage_46

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
6.4 swapped
I updated the CROM or whatever it is to the newest v.1r23e, reslected vehicle type & finally able to get original backups saved. Under last tune written it said original backup as it's supposed to. I sent the custom tune to the tune w/ original backup match. Let the tool read PCM & TCM. After that, go install tune & it says "error validating file". Now, last tune written says "not married, nothing to show". I'm making progress but still can't figure it all out.

OP
OP
S

savage_46

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
6.4 swapped
Fixed. Called diablo & they walked me through it. Needed to update tool calibration & go to truck. Then upload HF tune & go back to truck. I was updating calibration & uploading tune at the same time & wiping everything out. I had a feeling it was something stupid I was doing. Now just gotta have my tune updated for the new calibration.