New 2016 2500 Customizing Help Needed

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Mallardsx2

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Cummins 6.7
Gentlemen

I picked this truck up a couple weeks ago.

6.7 Cummins Bighorn

I am looking to put painted fender flares on it.
NEW 2016 Dodge Ram 2500 3500 Truck Fender Flares Painted to Match - W/Bolts

I attached the link above. This seems super expensive but it will be nice to avoid paint chipping. Is there a cheaper way to get these? I have looked all over and this appears to be the cheapest route. Also, I was wondering if mud flaps would fit the truck with these installed? I cant seem to find anyone who runs these fender flares with mud flaps.

I plan to put a K&N filter and bug gaurd on the truck as soon as some funds open up.

Also, I run a CB with a Wilson 5000 Magnetic mount for hunting. I don't want to put it on top of the truck any more so I have decided to put a back rack on the truck and attach that and my cell phone booster to the back rack bar. Can anyone suggest one of these that will work with a folding tonneau cover?

I would also like to put in an auxiliary tank as I travel back and forth between Georgia and West Virginia for work and diesel is so much cheaper in Tennessee. I was hoping to get one that automatically gravity feeds into the tank but I want one that stays under the tonneau cover so the undesirables don't know its there. Do I need a controller to feed this or can I simply hook it in to be an automatic gravity flow? Seems to me that it would overflow if you just opened the valve and let it feed all the time. I'm new to this stuff with Diesel trucks so please bare with me.

Also, The dealer never really told me what I needed to do as far as break in maintenance... I'm assuming that after 6K I need to change the oil and all filters or just change the oil?

If someone with experience with all of this could chime in I would greatly appreciate it. I'm new to diesel trucks so I could use some information to get me in the right direction. In the mean time I will search some topics here to look for some advice.

Oh and if anyone is curious:

I am getting 20.5 MPG highway mileage driving back and forth between Georgia and West Virginia.

And not to **** in anyone's cheerios but I can tell you for free that my 2011 Hemi With JBA Headers/programmer/exhaust/CAI would flat out spank this truck.... I love the truck but its not my Hemi...

Attachments

• IMG_3412.jpg
    IMG_3412.jpg
    96.6 KB · Views: 135

Power247

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
6.4 HEMI
Congrats on your new Cummins. Skip the K&N. The factory air box is very efficient and oiled filters can be bad for turbos. And I understand you feeling like your new truck is a dog compared to you tuned Hemi. If you decide to tune (especially delete and tune) your Cummins you will see a completely different animal.

Greg
2012 | 2500 | CCSB | Custom MCC by Double R Diesel

Last edited:
Reactions: CTD
OP
OP
Mallardsx2

Mallardsx2

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Cummins 6.7
How many miles do most people wait before they give these pigs a hysterectomy?

Power247

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
6.4 HEMI
Mine was deleted shortly after its first oil change. About 5500 miles.

Greg
2012 | 2500 | CCSB | Custom MCC by Double R Diesel

homebrew

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Cummins
I did the fist oil change at 1000 miles. I know the book says you can go longer, this is my first diesel so being extra cautious, probably more than I need to be lol

CTD

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
5.7 Hemi
Congrats on the new ride my friend. Beautiful truck. I deleted mine at 13,000 miles and like power247 stated it is a completely different beast. With tuning alone you will see close to 500rwhp and around a 1000 ft/lb of toque on a hot tune. As far as my first oil change I believe I did mine after about 1500 miles just to eliminate some of the break in metals.

Moose Knuckle

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
6.7L Cummins
Agreed with CTD. Delete delete delete. That bumps up and boosts so much. Whole different animal when you do it.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Reactions: CTD

07MegaCabRam

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
6.7L CTD
Your Hemi is all 0-60 - The CTD is all 50 and up (and made for towing 6 trillion tons of fun.. haha

Off the line, your Hemi would win, but from a 40mph, bet you're gonna be smiling in that CTD.

Good looking truck! I like the color.

I did an oil change at 10K and went to the Cummins Valvoline certified synthetic.

If you get fuel at a good grade gas station (not a grocery store) - you can do the fuel filters at 15K. I replaced both mine at 10K and they were clean as new. I use top teir fuel only.

DEF - cheapest I've found is from Peak at Home Depot, besides the pump at Loves.

Ram444

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Cummins 6.7
Man rule violation, don't put on fender flares and stock tires. Your truck looks good the way it is. Read your owners manual. All kidding aside, I'd Leave the truck as it sets and put a quality set of mud flaps on it in stainless. I'd get a combination stainless toolbox and fuel tank. That's a nice truck!

Last edited:

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Lowrider357