New Guy

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

BurghBigHorn

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
5.7L V8
So I'm down to the last few days before I trade in for my new truck 2012 Cummins (6-spd!!!), negotiations are pretty much wrapped up, and I cleared some time this weekend for paper work. Now comes the hard part..

which color?

My 2011 1500 is Flame Red and I obviously like it. But there is also a black, white, and true blue available, along with the red. Have always wanted a black truck. White looks great with black toys added on (don't care if there is a ton of them on the road or not). Red I enjoyed and think- in my opinion at least- I dressed up pretty well. Then there is True Blue. For me I like some blue truck then see myself not caring for some. I haven't seen true blue in person (at one of the dealerships other locations) so this is making it tough. The blue one is a two tone with the grey/ silver strip along the bottom/ flares; if I was to go with this one I would have it painted to match.

I know color is completely a person thing and I feel like a chick but still interested and what you guys think; plus my girl friend, family, and friends are sick of me talking about trucks.

Below is how my red one sits now; hard to give it up but I have some big plans for this cummins (40 inches big haha).

Attachments

• DSCN1912.jpg
    DSCN1912.jpg
    93 KB · Views: 129

quietpeen

Supporting Member
Reaction score
Ram Year
2021 TRX
Engine
Hellcat
Sweet! The two tone true blue one probably looks awesome

Vendor
Preferred Vendor
Reaction score
Ram Year
2019 1500 Laramie Sport Crew, 2019 1500 Big Horn Sport Crew & 2016 Charger SRT Hellcat
Engine
2x 5.7L & 6.2L
my minivan is true blue..........I f'n love it. BEAUTIFUL color, and pairing it with mineral gray would be awesome (on a truck!)

ivan

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
I keep on thinkin the RED is awesome, but you've had it already so that changes things. I just got my 1500 in white, with limited color options and pressured to get rid of my lease, but i do want to go with black all over. I hope i do well the next couple years and i can go get my self a turbo diesel 4x4. Nice work on the red one and post some pics of your new ride!!

P.s i believe there are only a certain amount of people who uave the luxury of being able to truck talk more than 30 minutes with their girlefriends and family. Im not one of them

ramhunter9

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
P-Star Jeep Wrangler
I had red , white , blue and black ... Red hands down .

Red and black look ****

MADDOG

Out Exploring Arizona
Supporting Member
Military
Reaction score
The true blue is a great color but only if it's solid without the other color trim.

Red is good.

Black just looks so damn mean and sinister...that would be my first pick.

Good luck!

wermbang

Reaction score
Ram Year
2001 Off Road
Engine
5.9L V8 Sport
I am partial to blue trucks. But black and red are good too

Musclemckeester

Reaction score
Ram Year
n/a
Engine
n/a
I love the True Blue color on other trucks, but I don't think I'd want to see it everyday...just personal opinion on that. I'm partial to Mineral Grey, but black was my second choice when I was buying mine. I'd love to get a new cummins and murder it out...would be sick. You see blacked out 1500s all over, but I've only seen one new 2500 blacked out.

TexasRammer

Supporting Member
Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
red and black is my favorite color combo. but the blue might look good too, Ive only seen it on a rcsb, it looks a lot better in person than online

Sagebrush2500

Reaction score
Ram Year
2013 2500 Big Horn
Engine
5.7 Hemi
Hey fellow 'burgher - I'd say Sagebrush but I don't want another CTD 6 Speed that close to me (if I can help it!) LOL

When I ordered my truck I could pick from the colors in both the HD and Chassis cab brochures (e.g., National Fire Safety Yellow, also Omaha Orange, and plenty of others). You should have that same problem.

No worries... I paced around the dealership about 30 minutes talking on the cell phone with my wife, attempting to decide a final color (I went in for Sagebrush, but when presented with all the other colors, I ended up like you over the color).

When you get your truck, we should meet up somewhere.

OP
OP
B

BurghBigHorn

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
5.7L V8
Hey guys thanks for all the input, been a busy week but I have been stopping by and seeing what you guys have to say its down to 2 trucks, both Laramie's, cummins, 6-spd, options are more or less identical, so the difference and the decision I have to make..

Black crew cab with a 6' bed

or

Mineral Gray (2-tone with silve on the bottom but already spoke to my body shop guy and it would) MEGA cab which obviously have the 6' bed

..so thoughts?

OP
OP
B

BurghBigHorn

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
5.7L V8
by the way.. prior to my 2011 1500 I had an 04 tacoma which I brought new and had til last summer. I was on numerous taco forums and just from the few questions ive asked on here what a difference in the mentality of the people. you ask anything on the taco forums and it turns into a battle of opinions and everyone letting you know no matter what you are thinking about they have it and a better version. on here you guys are actually excited to try helping and support one another. glad i found this forum.

OP
OP
B

BurghBigHorn

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
5.7L V8
and i might as well come clean, there actually is a third truck and i thought i had eliminated it as an option but obviously its still bouncing around as an idea. the third one is..

True blue (again 2-tone with the silver on the bottom but it will be painted monotone) and this one is a crew cab with an 8' bed.

OP
OP
B

BurghBigHorn

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
5.7L V8
oh and the black crew 6' and the gray mega 6' are 2500 and the blue crew 8' is a 3500