New Purchase

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Addicted2fishing

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
HEMI 5.7
I had an F150 2.6L EB before I purchased my 2017 Ram and although I liked my F150, I wouldn't go back. I love my Ram.

I was also on the F150 forums during the time and they were as*holes on that forum. Everyone here has been super cool and helpful!

Welcome to the Ram side [emoji106]. Were they A holes because they knew you were switching to ram ? Or just in general ?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

OP
OP
S

SDDawg

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
The F-150 forum was brutal man. Guys would get attacked over little things like changing headlights, putting on a level kit, asking about gas mileage. You name it. There is a thread on what people are paying for their trucks that’s like 900 pages long. Someone would post what they paid and get attacked for not posting enough information and not reading from page 300. It was ridiculous!
I have to say this Ram forum is terrific.

OP
OP
S

SDDawg

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
One other thing. A real eye opener was to go to forums of all the truck brands and find the “what you don’t like about your truck” thread. Some of them are hilarious man! Like I can’t drive when it rains because the sunroof leaks so bad. When it’s cold my doors wont unlock. The Tundra and GM forums were the funniest. I recommend looking them up if you need a good laugh. It makes the “what you don’t like about your ram” thread on this site look like some real minor nitpicking.

Jeepwalker

Reaction score
Ram Year
2012 Reg Cab, 4x4
Engine
5.7 Hemi
The Tundra and GM forums were the funniest. I recommend looking them up if you need a good laugh. It makes the “what you don’t like about your ram” thread on this site look like some real minor nitpicking.

I've owned Toyotas (cars and Tacomas), and while there are a few saavy owners, I've theorized that the bulk of mainstream Toyota owners buy them because they believe (and expect) they are the most reliable ...they 'fear' breakdowns and problems. They tend to be a large collection of the least knowledgeable of drivers/owners hoping to wrap themselves into a warm Toyota safety blanket. Therefore small issues drive them nuts and rely on the dealership for each and every concern.

That's probably why you see so many funny posts on their forum. I've noticed it on other Toyota forums. On the Toyota 4x4 and Off-road forums, there ARE man very knowlegeable craftsmen there ...probably more than here, proportionally speaking.

Last edited:

RaftingDave

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
Thanks Nick. I ordered the Rockford Fosgate DSR-1 and plan on upgrading the Alpine system over the next few weeks.

I've been trying to love my Alpine system since I bought my BigHorn a month ago, and just can't quite get there. It's better than the base stock system, but a notch below my Kenwood/Focal aftermarket system in my last truck.

Anxious to see details on your upgrade bud. Nice looking truck, btw. :)

TerraNewf

Supporting Member
Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
5.7 Hemi
Congrats on a nice ride and welcome to the forum