New Ram orders, when, where and share what you know

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Elkman

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
V6
Dealer lots are empty in my area and they only have a few used trucks that they have priced very very high. Shortage of chips with are produced outside the USA. Intel has its largest plant outside the U.S. in ********* Vietnam - guess they won the war in more ways than one.

OP
OP
thebuilderman

thebuilderman

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
5.9 Cummins
Dealer lots are empty in my area and they only have a few used trucks that they have priced very very high. Shortage of chips with are produced outside the USA. Intel has its largest plant outside the U.S. in ********* Vietnam - guess they won the war in more ways than one.
You’re better off buying new then. If you call Renae at Mark Dodge in Louisiana you can get 5% UNDER invoice.
Thats what I did on my special order. Now I have to wait the 5 months.

matemike

Reaction score
I’m in a small town in Texas.
I ordered a 2500 4x4 gas Laramie B group, bright white night edition on Oct 22. Chrysler motor group has still not acknowledged the order yet. Dealer says it is because of night edition. A second much larger dealer in Houston confirmed that, but said they can order same truck and Chrysler confirmed to the much larger dealer (more alottment) that they would pick up the order on Thursday Nov 11 if I want to proceed. Then it would still be a few days before getting VIN. And a few months waiting after that. I’m down for a wait as long as I know it has been ordered. This anticipating Chrysler to just pick up my first order for over two weeks is annoying. Think I might go with the second option and order with a bigger dealer.

OP
OP
thebuilderman

thebuilderman

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
5.9 Cummins
Call Renae at Mark Doge in Louisiana. She will give you 5% under invoice with no haggling. She will give you 5% under invoice with no haggling.
They are the second largest volume dealer in the nation.
I ordered a 3500 4x4 limited crew cab hi output Cummins night edition with everything except airbags and electronic upfitter. 83k and a 5 month wait. I think they’re less than 200 miles from Houston and they will deliver up to 250 miles for free.
If you want to PM me I will give you her phone number and email address.

OP
OP
thebuilderman

thebuilderman

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
5.9 Cummins
I’m in a small town in Texas.
I ordered a 2500 4x4 gas Laramie B group, bright white night edition on Oct 22. Chrysler motor group has still not acknowledged the order yet. Dealer says it is because of night edition. A second much larger dealer in Houston confirmed that, but said they can order same truck and Chrysler confirmed to the much larger dealer (more alottment) that they would pick up the order on Thursday Nov 11 if I want to proceed. Then it would still be a few days before getting VIN. And a few months waiting after that. I’m down for a wait as long as I know it has been ordered. This anticipating Chrysler to just pick up my first order for over two weeks is annoying. Think I might go with the second option and order with a bigger dealer.
Call Renae at Mark Doge in Louisiana. She will give you 5% under invoice with no haggling. She will give you 5% under invoice with no haggling.
They are the second largest volume dealer in the nation.
I ordered a 3500 4x4 limited crew cab hi output Cummins night edition with everything except airbags and electronic upfitter. 83k and a 5 month wait. I think they’re less than 200 miles from Houston and they will deliver up to 250 miles for free.
If you want to PM me I will give you her phone number and email address.

phil88m6

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
Ordered a 2022 Limited August 13, 2021. VIN assigned as of 2 weeks ago, still not built.

Paulo M Oliveira

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
5.7 Hemi
I would never have thought in January, hell even in July or august, that I would not have my 4th Gen RAM by the end of the year.
Well, on 10/1 I sold my 2014 truck and on 10/19 I purchased my new RAm 1500 Laramie SPORT!!!
I'm so happy with it, The 5th gen is so much better and improved in so many ways. Kudos RAM!
OLD vs NEW

Attachments

• RAM Full Side Profile.jpg
    RAM Full Side Profile.jpg
    74.7 KB · Views: 9
  • 21 RAM Laramie WOND3RAM.jpg
    21 RAM Laramie WOND3RAM.jpg
    172.5 KB · Views: 9

GTyankee

Supporting Member
Military
Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
3.0 ecodiesel
RAM1500 Classic (DS) Quad & Crew Cab
Warren Michigan Assembly Plant
Began Production November 1, 2021

( a different site says November 11, 2021 )

OP
OP
thebuilderman

thebuilderman

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
5.9 Cummins
Ordered a 2022 Limited August 13, 2021. VIN assigned as of 2 weeks ago, still not built.
Man I can’t believe they didn’t assign the vin till then but from what I’ve been reading after you go into D1 status which means all the parts for your build have been gathered it’s another month and a half at least till when you get your build ticket then it’ll be another month till you get your shipping and then up to 6 weeks to get to the dealer.
All told it’s typically 5 months but there’s still folks waiting who ordered in May and June.
there‘s an awesome forum on HDrams.com and the post is 2022 Ram hd builds and orders and that’s all we talk about. There are some very knowledgeable and helpful people on it.

GTyankee

Supporting Member
Military
Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
3.0 ecodiesel
You place your order & within a week you should begin getting status reports, someone is also getting them at your dealership
A member of another forum, sign in name SPP posted this

Status B - Your order exists but isn't fully confirmed yet. Plant doesn't know about it yet. Systems are checking the order to ensure it's valid in terms of sales codes, Finance is checking to make sure the dealer has all their ducks in a row, etc.
You may receive a VON# about this time ( Vehicle Order Number )

Status C - Your order is "subfirm". The plant can see the order at this point but it's not fully committed to building as the supplier may or may not be able to get parts to the plant to build the truck.

Status D - Firm order. Your order now has a name instead of a number: A VIN! Materials should have been ordered by this point if all goes well, you should have a truck.

Status D1 - The date is set for your truck to be built. The plant knows when it should have parts sequenced for building and it should start to be built within 48 hours of the date set.

D2 - It's going to be built. The computers are being programmed, materials are being sequenced, framing is about to occur.

E - Frame. Metal is welded together to form the body and frame. The body is inspected at the end of this step to ensure it's within tolerances. Then the suspension is installed & then the complete power train

F - Paint. The metal is coated, primed, sprayed, clear coated, polished, inspected, and hand finished if necessary.

G - Trim. the interior is installed, the chassis is mated to the body, the bed is put on. At the end of this, your truck is built.

I - Inspection. Your truck goes through a battery of shakedown tests and measurements are taken to ensure the vehicle looks and performs as expected.

JB - Body Vendor. The vehicle is sent off site to have a spray liner put in, steps, Hitch, etc.

this status is one that you do NOT want
JS - Storage. Some of you call this "Prison". I like to think of it as QA trying to ensure you get what you expected. Typically if something happens or is found in the I step (or even a previous step), it goes here to get checked and fixed. A panel looks off color, a part on your truck was in the same batch as a bunch of failed parts, a light doesn't turn on, etc will all cause the truck to get sent here for a detailed inspection and fix.
Unavailable microchips is in this status

KZ - Shipment. The truck is ready to be shipped. The dealer is actually charged for the truck. As you all know, this can be a source of delay. Typically you see me put two statuses here: Awaiting Shipment and "Staged for Shipment". The first means it is in the general shipping yard waiting to be pulled to be put on a truck and/or train. The second means it has been pulled to be put on a truck and/or train but it hasn't actually got on the truck or train yet. There are a ton of sub statuses here to track the status of the vehicle as it makes its way through the shipping system. KZX is the only one that you really care about as that means it was delivered to the dealer.

In pre Covid Days
1500s were usually delivered in 12 to 14 weeks from being ordered, as long as the dealership that you ordered through had "ALLOTMENT" for that month, otherwise your order would be sent in, the following month

Heavy Duty Rams could be delivered at right around 15 or 16 weeks, IF your dealership was in Texas, other States took longer.
Allotment also applies.

Last edited:
OP
OP
thebuilderman

thebuilderman

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
5.9 Cummins
Most guys have been in D1 for well over a month. I went to D in a week from ordering. They told me not to expect to get to D1 for 6 weeks and it seems all the dates most folks get are total bs and they change.
After D1 when they have your parts you get a build sheet and it’ll have a build date and an estimated ship date. It gets funny here. Sometimes the ship date changes to before the build date and things stay crazy like this for weeks. After a build and if you don’t go to JS and you actually get to shipping it takes about 6 weeks for your truck to get to the dealer.
My dealer, Renae, from Mark Dodge in Louisiana, has been fantastic and told me what seems to be an accurate assessment of when I will get my truck. 5 months. On the other forum, hdrams, this seems to hold up Although I see a lot of 6 month trucks as well. She also said don’t expect to see a movement from D for 6 weeks but to give her a call in a month.
I already bought front and rear bumpers and I will get the lights soon and have some already. Will wait till I get a month away to order wheels and tires.

GTyankee

Supporting Member
Military
Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
3.0 ecodiesel
Yours is a HD model isn't it ?
Being made down in Saltillo Mexico

GTyankee

Supporting Member
Military
Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
3.0 ecodiesel
I have seen a video that showed a central or south American "traveler" in a freight car that was loaded with RAM Grilles, i could easily see the word RAM on the grilles, no telling how many travelers were in that freight car.

I truly doubt that even though those travelers have tools to cut locks, that they would try to enter the freight cars that hold vehicles of any brand.
I bet that the Cartels are given a stipend to keep anyone from opening those freight cars.
Cost of doing business in Mexico

OP
OP
thebuilderman

thebuilderman

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
5.9 Cummins
I have seen a video that showed a central or south American "traveler" in a freight car that was loaded with RAM Grilles, i could easily see the word RAM on the grilles, no telling how many travelers were in that freight car.

I truly doubt that even though those travelers have tools to cut locks, that they would try to enter the freight cars that hold vehicles of any brand.
I bet that the Cartels are given a stipend to keep anyone from opening those freight cars.
Cost of doing business in Mexico
Travelers. I’m not afraid of calling them what they are. I saw the news with the illegals on the trains in people’s new vehicles. It was on flat cars though.
I agree with you about the lock cutting. I doubt they’d do that for the reason you stated. Cartel fear is real with a lot of those people and lock cutting could be deadly.

GTyankee

Supporting Member
Military
Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
3.0 ecodiesel
It looks like in 2016, in TEXAS
Chrysler vehicles are unloaded from the freight train at
Hardy Road Houston, TX
The RR calls it (Westfield)

Since 2016, there is a possibility that more ramps to unload Chrysler vehicles have been set up at a different location, it is a large State

matemike

Reaction score
My 2011 GMC Sierra 1500 with 6.2L is not cutting it pulling our 7200 lb camper.

So I just ordered a 2500 Limited, Hemi, 3.73, 4x4, Night Edition. Mostly a daily driver and I have a 70 mile round trip commute a few days a week.
I wish descriptions were more inclusive when listing all the Limited's standard features. Not just "includes all standard features of model below", plus X,Y, Z.

I did not want a diesel because towing is only 5% of the time. Also didn't want the $9400 price increase and I retain some payload by sticking with Hemi. I'll never run out of towing capacity before I hit my payload cap. And finally because I've heard from too many folks driving all truck brands they are running around in limp mode because emission sensors are picky or DEF issues, whatever. The EPA seems to hate diesels, so I won't give them another one to hate on.

So as far as I could tell the 2500 Limited edition already has heated/vented leather bucket seats, power running boards, tow/haul, the reverse lamps and sensors, a reverse camera and the heated powered tow mirrors and most importantly trailer braking. That's all I'd ever need as far as towing technology goes.
So I did not Opt for the Tow technology group because all it said in the ram info was "Surround view camera system" which I do not want/need.

I did not want the Level 1 Equipment group either because it has all the lane keep assist and adaptive steering and trailer reverse guidance and HK speakers. No thanks. I also did not opt for the CHMSL. I'll have rear passengers check cargo in bed or use my rear view mirror itself. Or pull over and sit up and turn my head around and look myself.

I did however a-la-carte the digital rear view mirror to use. Description says Tow-mode. Curious to see how it help when towing a camper. Can't see anything out of a regular rear view mirror when towing a camper, so I thought a camera view of the trailer and hitch might be more useful. Reading about lots of folks liking that camera.

I got a 220A alternator. 4x4 package and clearance lamps.

I almost selected back-up alarm, thinking it was the beep warning when you get close to something, but learned it is an external alarm like a forklift when in reverse. eww!

I'm certain I built the perfect truck for me for the next 10+ years.

VON Nov 08, VIN Nov 11.

Attachments

• 8474C057-3885-4A55-9C06-142A9D59AC8E.jpeg
    8474C057-3885-4A55-9C06-142A9D59AC8E.jpeg
    216.8 KB · Views: 12
Last edited:

GTyankee

Supporting Member
Military
Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
3.0 ecodiesel
Its a good thing that you did not get the
"Surround view camera system"
or
Level 1 Equipment group

Both things require fancy microchips that Ram & almost every other brand of vehicle is having troubles getting, because of the engineers did not order them & now the supply chain mess