New Recall - 8 spd Rotary Shifter

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

cbsmith

Reaction score
Ram Year
2014 Ram 1500 Outdoorsman
Engine
5.7 Hemi
Does the U07 recall also fix the 32 gallon fuel tank gauge issues like the U05 did? I just got it in the mail for my 2014 and it has the 32 gallon tank and I would love for it to be fixed.

JPT

Reaction score
Ram Year
2015 Big Horn
Engine
5.7 Hemi
Does the U07 recall also fix the 32 gallon fuel tank gauge issues like the U05 did? I just got it in the mail for my 2014 and it has the 32 gallon tank and I would love for it to be fixed.

I just had the recall done. I will drive until I have 0 miles left, then I will fill up and see how many gallons I can put in. I will report back.

JPT

Reaction score
Ram Year
2015 Big Horn
Engine
5.7 Hemi
Well, FWIW, it is a PITA especially when loading hay/trailer stuff,. Here is the work around, BUT DO NOT DRIVE with it. Just a work around like in a field loading hay, moving with door open, backing trailer. I accept no responsibility, do at yer own risk. Go to this URL and order if U think U want: I always keep (1) in center console if I need to back up with door open and not want to mess around with seat belt:

DO NOT MAKE THE MISTAKE OF GETTING OUT WITH VEHICLE IN GEAR, NOT A GOOD IDEA

URL:
https://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B073S5ZBY4/ref=oh_aui_detailpage_o02_s00?ie=UTF8&psc=1

Does this really take you at much less effort than re-attaching the seat belt behind you?

cbsmith

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
5.7 Hemi
I just had the recall done. I will drive until I have 0 miles left, then I will fill up and see how many gallons I can put in. I will report back.

I had the truck in for it’s annual inspection the day the notice arrived so they did it at the same time. I’m down to about 1/4 tank so am going to run it down and see how much it takes once the low fuel light comes on.

Roman217

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
I got my recall done as well. No issue to report and I will run down my tank to the light see where it turns on now. Usually, I can put in 25 gallons when the light goes on. We'll see if it's different now.

If I need to back up with the door open, I just toss the shoulder belt behind me and the lap belt stays on. Haven't had much of an issue with it.

The big point is that I have other family members that drive the car and they have forgotten to put into park. It's a worthwhile safety feature in my case. It may not be for everyone but the inconveniences are pretty minor trade offs for me compared to having an additional safety layer.

RaftingDave

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
My '17 goes in on Monday for all three - the cruise fix, auto-park and the tailgate fix. 12k miles and I haven't even used the cruise control yet.

I back up to my PUP camper all the time, but I can use the backup camera and my PUP is light enough that I just have to get the hitch "close" and we can pull the camper up and maneuver it manually. So I doubt this will be an issue for me.

cbsmith

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
5.7 Hemi
My fuel light came on with 75km remaining. I drove about another 5kmmand filled it up. It took 99 liters. That translates to about 46 miles remaining and 26 gallons.

It doesn’t look like it has made a difference on my truck. It’s a 2014 and I am in Canada. Maybe the US folks will have better luck with the fuel gauge.

turkeybird56

Military Vet 1976-1996 Retired US Army
Military
Reaction score
Ram Year
2019 Bighorn, 4 X 4, 3.21 rear, Bright Flame Red Pearl Coat, Mopar tonneau cover,Westin Bed rug
Engine
Hemi 5.7
Does this really take you at much less effort than re-attaching the seat belt behind you?

1: Well, if U have ever loaded hay, after getting in/out just too many times....and I'm old, qualify for senior citizen forum, LMAO
2: My back has been abused in the past not like ne thing behind me
3: Actually, using the cheater just makes it easier in a hay field jumping in/out every 10 feet throwing 60-90 lbs of hay bales into a trailer, just saying.

Last edited:

Rado

US NAVY VETERAN
Military
Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Pentastar 3.6 V6
Had the latest recall done today ! In at 7:30 Had Snow tires put on ,4 wheel alignment and recall out around 8:45 . No issues

briansandiego

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine

New guy here and I've got a 2015 Express with a 32 gallon tank. What's the problem with the gauge?
Thanks!!!!

chrisbh17

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
New guy here and I've got a 2015 Express with a 32 gallon tank. What's the problem with the gauge?
Thanks!!!!

The programming does not take into account 32 gallons, so the low fuel light and warning will come on like you have the standard 26 gallon tank. And since that seems to come on with about 4 gallons left, you will have 10 gallons left with the truck yelling at you about "low" fuel.

The AutoPark update fixes that, but also adds AutoPark which some people dont like/want.

briansandiego

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Thank you. Just to be sure.. the pointer is accurate, it's just the dummy light that isn't calibrated correctly?

...definitely don't want autopark

TXCOMT

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
In my experience, the needle, idiot light and miles remaining are pegged at Empty!

TXCOMT

cbsmith

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
5.7 Hemi
When my low fuel light came in today it said I had 46 miles to empty, the gauge was on E but it still only took 26 gallons of gas, so I had 6 gallons remaining. This is the same behavior I’ve had before the U07 update so I’m thinking U07 doesn’t include the fuel tank update but the U05 did.

DamnRam1500

Reaction score
Ram Year
2016 Ram 1500 Express 4x4
Engine
5.7L Hemi
Check out this thread. Has the software and the OBD link. Basically we've got software that allows us to do many things that normally you'd had to take a trip to the dealer for.

As an example I recently turned on my DRL and added the tow mirror option to my truck so the tow mirrors I added function correctly when folded out.

https://www.ramforum.com/threads/alfaobd.123982/

The first link “OBD” brought me to a crib set for wayfair.com

50BMG

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
5.7 Hemi
When my low fuel light came in today it said I had 46 miles to empty, the gauge was on E but it still only took 26 gallons of gas, so I had 6 gallons remaining. This is the same behavior I’ve had before the U07 update so I’m thinking U07 doesn’t include the fuel tank update but the U05 did.

OMG! THAT explains it!
I just found out the 2013 I had did have the 32 gallon tank too, but in thinking back when the gas idiot-light came on and the ODO/efficiency gauge said I was "0" miles from running out, the most I could ever get into it at fill-up was @26.5 gallons. I actually had 6 gallons of fuel left over!?! That's why I never ran out!
ROTFLMAO...

Well, I guess I don't have to worry about that now, considering what happened to me last Friday afternoon
Turtle1.r_zpsgzbkq65o.jpg

Turtle6.r_zps0pzq3mvt.jpg

She's dead.....
:(:confused::eek:o_O:angels2:

Hemimania

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
5.7 Hemi
Just received ANOTHER recall notice. It's for "Auto Park Functionality". Something about it not enabled. Not really a problem though. I've opened the door to check my parking in my driveway when it snows. No issues.

Got the tailgate one a few months ago but waited. Maybe I'll wait for the next one (which is sure to come) and have them do all at the same time. Glad I waited.

Tonino

Last edited: