New Recall - 8 spd Rotary Shifter

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

beep119

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
What years are affected?

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

FXCLM5

Reaction score
Ram Year
2017 Laramie CC
Engine
ED 3.0 V6
what thought the autopark was already recalled like 6 months ago? part of the 32 gallon tank thingy

RammerHarder

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
Yep, mine went right in the trash too!
To: FCA & DEALERS, leave my fuggin truck alone... until you can prove to me that you can "diag and fix it right the first time" on the same day i bring it in...!!!!!!

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
I've gotten a few including this one, straight in the bin. Maybe a few more and I'll drop the truck off if they guarantee parts in stock.

Arth

Military
Reaction score
Ram Year
2022 Ram 3500 Crew Cab Limited 4x4
Engine
6.7 HO Cummins Turbo Diesel
I've gotten two now. I also got a warranty extension on my gas tank straps. 12 years or unlimited miles.

RammerHarder

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
I've gotten two now. I also got a warranty extension on my gas tank straps. 12 years or unlimited miles.
And they replace them with the same bad straps...lol. So i guess if you get an additional 12yrs out of the replacement straps... oh wait, these trucks will be junk before then...lol.
The thing that bothers me is, these faulty straps should be replaced regardless with BETTER straps...!!! Why the hell is FCA waiting for a gas tank to fall out and possibly kill someone.

chrisbh17

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
And they replace them with the same bad straps...lol. So i guess if you get an additional 12yrs out of the replacement straps... oh wait, these trucks will be junk before then...lol.
The thing that bothers me is, these faulty straps should be replaced regardless with BETTER straps...!!! Why the hell is FCA waiting for a gas tank to fall out and possibly kill someone.
AFAIK the issue isn't the straps, it's the bracket that the straps hang on.

Its welded to the frame but the position it's in does not allow for sand, salt, dirt, etc to come out. Which eventually rusts through the bracket and then the tank drops.

Sent from my Nexus 6P using Tapatalk

RammerHarder

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
AFAIK the issue isn't the straps, it's the bracket that the straps hang on.

Its welded to the frame but the position it's in does not allow for sand, salt, dirt, etc to come out. Which eventually rusts through the bracket and then the tank drops.

Sent from my Nexus 6P using Tapatalk
Yeah you`re right Chris... after reading your comment, now i remember reading the bulletin on that subject. Old timers decease... cant remember **** anymore...lol

RammerHarder

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
Looks like they want this installed on all rotary dial shifted trucks...??? Friend of mine got the notice for his 2014, which never had this feature.
I told him to NOT let the dealer flash his truck for this U07 update, i know he wont like it! I told him what it would do, he said hell no!

Arth

Military
Reaction score
Ram Year
2022 Ram 3500 Crew Cab Limited 4x4
Engine
6.7 HO Cummins Turbo Diesel
Got my letter today as well. Tossed it.

Though I am tempted to let them do it to see if I can disable it using the AlfaOBD software afterwards.

huntergreen

Military
Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
hemi 5.7
I have never needed to open my door while moving the truck, that's what mirrors are for. Still not letting them do it though.

Ga82833

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
My 2015 just started having a rotary knob problem. When i take it out of park and put it into any gear it flashes as soon as i take my foot off the brake. Then i have to put it in park an try it again. I noticed if i hold the brake on then ease off just enough to get it moving, i could drive it until it warmed up and the problem went away. Weird problem that started after they did a software update when we took it in for a recall on the tail gate.

tones2SS

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
My 2015 just started having a rotary knob problem. When i take it out of park and put it into any gear it flashes as soon as i take my foot off the brake. Then i have to put it in park an try it again. I noticed if i hold the brake on then ease off just enough to get it moving, i could drive it until it warmed up and the problem went away. Weird problem that started after they did a software update when we took it in for a recall on the tail gate.
Man, that sucks. Another reason why I don't bring my truck in for recalls. You don't know what you're going to end up with. It's a shame really.
Good luck!

corneileous

Reaction score
Ram Year
2018 Ram 1500 Limited 4X4
Engine
Hemi 5.7
Mine came with autopark. I hate it. Very hard to hook up to trailers and campers.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G935A using Tapatalk

I know it’s a pain in the ass but as others have said, if you really need to have your door open when you back up, either put your seatbelt on, or get you a seatbelt extender.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

thade

Reaction score
Probably a stupid question, but can you refuse specific "fixes" that you don't want/need, and if so can anything be done if they don't abide by your request and do them anyway? Not that I don't trust the dealerships, but.... yea I don't trust the dealerships.
Asking because I'm starting to develop a nice stack of notices.