New speakers and possible powered amp

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

jag1886

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Demi 5.7 S&B CAI, flowmaster merge collector, Gibson cat back, oil catch can, 87
I put a set of the Mopar Kicker speakers in my std cab today, can't believe how much better a simple speaker up grade can sound. This is well worth the miner cost.

Anyone here put in a powered amp? I was looking at an Infinity 200 watt amp on Crutchfield, I have no idea how to hook this up to a stock radio. If anyone has done this let me know what you did and how it came out.

SitKneelBend

Military
Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
3.6 Pentastar
If you wait a little bit I believe Kicker will have a direct plug and play upgrade amp for our 13+ trucks. Forum member Graygoose (or Greygoose) can answer specifics.

Sent from my HTC One using Tapatalk

lilzilla2008

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
I used a line output converter to run mine. Works goid

WadXpress

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
HEMI
If you wait a little bit I believe Kicker will have a direct plug and play upgrade amp for our 13+ trucks. Forum member Graygoose (or Greygoose) can answer specifics.

Sent from my HTC One using Tapatalk

That would be cool. I'm interested in this. It's nice to do this stuff myself then to pay a audio shop.
I did Kicker 3.5s in the dash 6.5" in the front door and 6x9s should be here forthe back doors tomorrow. Have 6.5"s to go in the back door but changed my mind with the lack of mid bass

Last edited:

CMil527

Reaction score
Ram Year
2021 RAM 1500 LARAMIE-CC
Engine
5.7 Hemi
Whats the total upgrade run guys, the stock set up in my express seems to get very lil volume!

jbr

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
That would be cool. I'm interested in this. It's nice to do this stuff myself then to pay a audio shop.
I did Kicker 3.5s in the dash 6.5" in the front door and 6x9s should be here forthe back doors tomorrow. Have 6.5"s to go in the back door but changed my mind with the lack of mid bass
When you get the 6x9 in let us know the outcome and model/part #'s. I put in the 3.5 in the dash and 6.5 in the doors. There is no bass at all

Graygoose

Indecisive Car Owner
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Ram Year
Convert, for now.
Engine
small
The standard cab, look at the Kicker Hideway, what I used for years, slides under the seat!

Mine goes in the OEM bay tomorrow for Ram sub and 4.1 for the front :)

EagleChief

Reaction score
Ram Year
2014 Big Horn
Engine
5.7 Hemi
The standard cab, look at the Kicker Hideway, what I used for years, slides under the seat!

I thought you were going to use my truck for that?!

Graygoose

Indecisive Car Owner
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Ram Year
Convert, for now.
Engine
small
Lol

OP
OP
jag1886

jag1886

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Demi 5.7 S&B CAI, flowmaster merge collector, Gibson cat back, oil catch can, 87
Whats the total upgrade run guys, the stock set up in my express seems to get very lil volume!

The Kicker speaker upgrade is reasonable seems like I found it on EBAY for around $125, that's for the tweets and the door speakers and they are a straight bolt in and come with good instructions, they are Mopar and came in a Mopar box. You won't get more volume with these speakers but it will be clear and it adds tone to the top and bottom ends.

WadXpress

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
HEMI
I went on Crutchfield and picked out the kicker speakers I wanted as their are a few options I'm not sure which ones come in the upgrade kit. Crutchfield sends the PNP adapters and speaker adapters with the kickers

Last edited:

dmullen

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
HEMI 5.7

Are you referring to the amp for the 13+ Rams?

Graygoose

Indecisive Car Owner
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Ram Year
Convert, for now.
Engine
small
Are you referring to the amp for the 13+ Rams?

Yup, they did mine yesterday, I'm the first :D

I was even considering swapping to the Mopar dash and doors, but after hearing the DSP for mine, I'm sticking with the factory speakers for now. Sounds great, even on XM.
They did all mock up yesterday, got it playing and pigtail is still there, OEM Sound Engineer is in it now in the booth doing tuning.
:buffer:

QwikKota

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
5.7L
Yup, they did mine yesterday, I'm the first :D

I was even considering swapping to the Mopar dash and doors, but after hearing the DSP for mine, I'm sticking with the factory speakers for now. Sounds great, even on XM.
They did all mock up yesterday, got it playing and pigtail is still there, OEM Sound Engineer is in it now in the booth doing tuning.
:buffer:

Is the amp just for the front speakers or does it involve the sub? I just bought the rear sub kit and I believe that comes with a small single channel amp for just the sub. I want to upgrade the dash and door speakers up front but I don't want to have to re-do it when the new amp comes out. I think the factory setup has the dash speakers as just tweeters, not 2 ways, correct? Same with doors as they are woofers with no tweeters?

Graygoose

Indecisive Car Owner
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Ram Year
Convert, for now.
Engine
small
So you got the front row dsp to work on the new rams?
Yes sir, I was #1 :D
Is the amp just for the front speakers or does it involve the sub? I just bought the rear sub kit and I believe that comes with a small single channel amp for just the sub. I want to upgrade the dash and door speakers up front but I don't want to have to re-do it when the new amp comes out. I think the factory setup has the dash speakers as just tweeters, not 2 ways, correct? Same with doors as they are woofers with no tweeters?
The "kit" has two amps, one for front, the sub has it's own as well.
I too was going to do the Mopar upgrade, but now, after listening to the amp, the DSP really made the factory ones shine. So I'm leaving the door panels on :D

Just went and listened to it, he spent two more hours dialing it in, sounds amazing. Joe did an excellent job on the tuning.

QwikKota

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
5.7L
Yes sir, I was #1 :D
The "kit" has two amps, one for front, the sub has it's own as well.
I too was going to do the Mopar upgrade, but now, after listening to the amp, the DSP really made the factory ones shine. So I'm leaving the door panels on :D

Just went and listened to it, he spent two more hours dialing it in, sounds amazing. Joe did an excellent job on the tuning.

I'm sure you will swap the factory speakers out at some point, lol. I also found some JBL 6x9's that are 2ohm that are tempting me to purchase.

JBL GX962 6"x9" 2-way car speakers at Crutchfield.com

Any idea when the front amp will be on the market? That powers the 3 dash and 2 front door speakers right? Sorry for all the questions, help is greatly appreciated.

CMil527

Reaction score
Ram Year
2021 RAM 1500 LARAMIE-CC
Engine
5.7 Hemi
The Kicker speaker upgrade is reasonable seems like I found it on EBAY for around $125, that's for the tweets and the door speakers and they are a straight bolt in and come with good instructions, they are Mopar and came in a Mopar box. You won't get more volume with these speakers but it will be clear and it adds tone to the top and bottom ends.

thank u sir!