New truck. Newer memeber. Novice modder.

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

bknilvr00

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
u3ajy8up.jpg
First and foremost I have to say almost all the 4th gen trucks I've seen on here are sick! I have plans for my 2012 1500 express, but not quite to the extent some of you guys have taken it. My biggest concern right now is a leveling kit. My wifes Subaru has better front ground clearance than my ram. I will suffer this embarrassment no more! I have a pretty short budget but a loooooong list of things. Has anybody done the rough country level and body lift combo? I have to get my truck up and keep some of the rake because I haul a horse trailer. Id rather not have a saggin ass while I'm going down the road. And another thing, has anyone found a pinned autobot tailgate emblem?
Sent from my ADR6410LVW using Tapatalk 2

Last edited:

Texas Hemi

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
5.7 Hemi
Welcom to RF. Hell Bent Steel is a sponser on here that sells leveling kits. They've got great products, great prices and an even better FAQ page.

outlaw52

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
hemi 5.7
congrats on the new truck. there is no shortage of people giving advice and helping you mod your truck out here.you landed in the right spot.good luck and start spending:evillol:

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
Beautiful truck man! Mine was almost an exact carbon copy of yours except the rims when I got it. Good luck and enjoy.

HLram

Reaction score
Ram Year
2012 and 2007
Engine
Hemi 5.7 in both
Billet Badges has some Ram logos with the Transformer stuff on them. I don't know if they will be pinned or not, tho. That's what glue is for lol.

OP
OP
B

bknilvr00

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
I appreciate all the responses Ive gotten thus far. Its nice to know I can actually get some help if I need it. I went ahead and ordered my 2.5HBS leveling kit. Ill be installing that myself, probably with help from my gorilla of a brother in law. Id like to get a few more inches of lift, but not alot. Does anyone have any suggestions? I was looking at maybe a 3in body lift, but that seems to be a little hardcore for me to do myself, and my local shop tried so hard to sell me a 2 thousand dollar suspension lift that i left. They were wanting to charge me 300 to install the leveler. No spank you. So what do you guys suggest?

Ike

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
5.7 Hemi
congrats and Welcome, nice ride!

Manutea

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Welcome to RF.
I think adding a BL kit would look good, and maybe some Bilstein 5100s with that, and you are set for the lift part.

TXKID

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
RCX has a 1.25" bl and Zone makes a 1.5" bl if that's what you meant by something a little easier. As for bilsteins, they are highly recommended by a lot of people but if you install them your truck will be completely level, so if you do go that route, you'll want to look into some airbags probably

OP
OP
B

bknilvr00

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
Well I ordered my leveling kit and my tires on Saturday. Should both be here Wednesday or Thursday. And I'm kinda pumped for my ram to quit being a pavement princess. I'm also going to go with airlift bags under the back end for when I'm hauling the wife's horses around. After seeing how easy they are to install I decided to jump right on them. It was super easy to justify the expense too. "I need these so your trailer doesn't steer us off the road. Wouldnt want your beast of burden gettin hurt now would we?" :D And I debadged the ram 1500 from both doors and the 4x4 from the tailgate. Undecided if the hemi stays or goes. But ill be painting the front and rear rams black. Now I'm looking at all the possibilities... So many things to do, so much money....
a8yra4y3.jpg

audio1der

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
Welcome!
Why don't you get the level kit installed with the new tires then decide if, or how much more life you need? I've read just the levelling kit will affect your MPG if that matters, so lifting it will only hurt more- not sure if thats a concern for you.
Nice choice on the Airlift kit; it's as easy as you think to install, and works surprisingly well.

OP
OP
B

bknilvr00

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
Welcome!
Why don't you get the level kit installed with the new tires then decide if, or how much more life you need? I've read just the levelling kit will affect your MPG if that matters, so lifting it will only hurt more- not sure if thats a concern for you.
Nice choice on the Airlift kit; it's as easy as you think to install, and works surprisingly well.

Oh the leveling kit is already a foregone conclusion. It'll be on the night it gets here. And there's no such thing as fuel efficiency. I went from driving a 2.3 liter 5 speed ford ranger to a 5.7 hemi. Lead foot much? Unfortunately budget dictates what I'm able to do. And the lift I want will have to wait. But its alright. Getting it leveled with aggressive tires will hold me over for the time being.

Graygoose

Indecisive Car Owner
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Ram Year
Convert, for now.
Engine
small
welcome to RF, nice rig man!

Burla

Military
Reaction score
Ram Year
2010 Hemi Reg Cab 4x4
Engine
Hemi
I have had somewhere around 10 trucks, 3 Chevy's a couple Fords, 3 Bronco's, a Pup, Toyota, and even a Cummins and out of all of them this Generation Hemi is the best vehicle I have ever owned. My plans are to baby this truck so I can drive it as long as I can, hopefully 2 decades maybe more. Too bad the general public doesn't understand what we do, that these trucks are crazy powerful and comfortable. That is a good thing when you start getting some years on you like me.

Nice truck, I love mine and love my level kit too.

katokahn99

Military
Reaction score
Ram Year
2013 Laramie Mega Cab
Engine
6.7L Cummins
Welcome and congratulations!!!! New too. Nice truck, man!

quietpeen

Supporting Member
Reaction score
Ram Year
2021 TRX
Engine
Hellcat
welcome to rf, nice truck

OP
OP
B

bknilvr00

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
Well I got a pleasant surprise today. The tire guys called me and said they had my tires ready for pickup. So much for a 4 to 5 day wait. I will say that compared to the tires that come stock, these things are behemoths. They are a little over an inch taller, but two inches wider. And have some gnarly tread to boot. After picking up my tires I went to sears and dropped more money on some tools i needed. Picked up a 3 ton jack,3 ton jack stands, and a creeper as a combo for 100. And a new impact. Just waiting on my leveling kit....:waytogo:
2apa9edy.jpg
yseme6u3.jpg

Last edited: