Newbie in a pickle, need some advice

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Dmjj

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
HEMI 5.7
Hi all, newbie here, I look forward to all the knowledge on this site.

We've owned our 2014 Big Horn 5.7 for exactly 1 yr now, 9,××× miles. Several weeks ago the Trans started slipping in the 3-5 gear range. It happened again yesterday on 1-2 gear.

I had made app ad dealer to diagnose/repair for this morning....they call and say they cannot feel a slip and there are no codes showing. Basically they say when it happens again, bring it in.

Here's the dilemma, I live and work on a military installation 35 minutes away from dealer. The slipping is infermittent, lasts a few minutes then goes away for several days.

What are my options? Called chrysler/dodge and they said same thing, cannot do anything unless code shows issue.

It got so bad last week I had to pull the truck over and get a ride home for myself and small kids.

So frustrating, I love the truck, just getting irritated with the runaround from Ram.

Any advise would be greatly appreciated.

Irrivirsible

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
Have a transmission shop or an independent mechanic test drive it and write it up as an issue and then the dealer will have no choice but to address it.

OP
OP
D

Dmjj

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
HEMI 5.7
8 speed. They say they can't open up the transmission on customers word, have to have error code or see/feel issue themselves. I doubt having an independent mechanic recommendations would make a difference.

Skrap

Reaction score
Ram Year
2015 Laramie MegaCab 4x4
Engine
Ask them to keep it for a week and drive it several times a day. Some longer drives. Maybe it will happen at some point when they are behind the wheel.

14hemiexpress

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
6.4l
Ask them to keep it for a week and drive it several times a day. Some longer drives. Maybe it will happen at some point when they are behind the wheel.

This is better than my advice.. Probably the smart thing to do.

but I would tear it up just so they have to replace it. If it started slipping I would keep in it I wouldn't pull over I would even find a heavy trailer (in towing capacity) and just pull that around for a while.

No neutral slams or lots of burn outs or anything that puts stress on the rest of the truck.

Last edited:

Andy578

Reaction score
Ram Year
2014 Outdoorsman
Engine
Hemi 5.7
This is better than my advice.. Probably the smart thing to do.

but I would tear it up just so they have to replace it. If it started slipping I would keep in it I wouldn't pull over I would even find a heavy trailer (in towing capacity) and just pull that around for a while.

No neutral slams or lots of burn outs or anything that puts stress on the rest of the truck.

yep i'd just keep driving it till she's done. i wouldn't do anything crazy that they can use to try and void the warranty tho.