Newbie lift Q's

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

OP
OP
S

Solid State

Reaction score
Ram Year
2011 Bighorn
Engine
Hemi 5.7
Thanks for the heads up. Would anbody happen to know what rear bilstein set I need with the 4" superlift? I already have the front set. Like which ones come with rhe upgraded kit? Cant seem to find info. Havent gotten a response back from Superlift...

LifeSTRONG

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Thanks for the heads up. Would anbody happen to know what rear bilstein set I need with the 4" superlift? I already have the front set. Like which ones come with rhe upgraded kit? Cant seem to find info. Havent gotten a response back from Superlift...

The cheaper version comes with bilsteins super rides and the other version comes with the 5100...

I bought my bilsteins separate because i could get the shocks cheaper for all four the what the update price was.

OP
OP
S

Solid State

Reaction score
Ram Year
2011 Bighorn
Engine
Hemi 5.7
Yeah, same boat. I ALREADY havr the fronts. Just didnt want to buy a whole nother set. Sooo, anynody else? Here's a stock pic while we"re at it.

Attachments

• 1462235799249744511526.jpg
    1462235799249744511526.jpg
    92.6 KB · Views: 51

LifeSTRONG

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Yeah, same boat. I ALREADY havr the fronts. Just didnt want to buy a whole nother set. Sooo, anynody else? Here's a stock pic while we"re at it.

So what u asking the part number for back set for the 5100? Unjust need normal shocks for back they don't adjust.. U can run the super ride in back or upgrade to the 5100

OP
OP
S

Solid State

Reaction score
Ram Year
2011 Bighorn
Engine
Hemi 5.7
LifeStrong- correct me if I am wrong. I thought the regular 5100 rear were for non lifted trucks. Believe I read somewhere on here that there are certain sizes of rear shocks depending on size of lift? Maybe they are all just the same.

smoothee

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
The regular rear 5100's are made to accommodate up to 1" of lift. I'm assuming there are different versions for the 3" and 5" rear options, just unsure of part #'s. Isn't listed on Bilstein site that I could see anywhere, so maybe they're only available with the Superlift kit.

SOKY_RAM

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Just flipped my rear shocks around and man what a difference. I can actually take a corner now without feeling like I'm about to flip. So if anyone has the white superlift shocks make sure they are rod up!

Sent from my HTC Desire 626 using Tapatalk

LifeSTRONG

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
lifestrong- correct me if i am wrong. I thought the regular 5100 rear were for non lifted trucks. Believe i read somewhere on here that there are certain sizes of rear shocks depending on size of lift? Maybe they are all just the same.

be5-6249-h5

Never Summer

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
5.7 hemi
picture.php

6" Superlift. Go to auto accessories garage. They have coupons all the time. I got mine at Jegs because they had in stock and they price match. Paid $1177

http://www.autoaccessoriesgarage.com/

20x10 -12 LRG Sandman
35 x 12.50 Cooper ST Maxx

I just installed mine last weekend so here are some things I learned.

There are two different sets of instructions floating around for two different versions of the 6" superlift. I got the wrong instructions for mine but found the right one online.

If you do bilsteins don't screw up and put the washer under the nut like I did. It goes on the shaft first!

You will need a really short 13/16 open end wrench to get back shocks off. I cut one off at about 3".

When you first lower it to the ground dont freak out if one tire is pointing straight and the other is toed in like crazy. Also dont even try to measure the height difference until you back up and cut the wheels a few times. Scared the hell out of me since it measured 10" higher when i first lowered it down.

Will be glad to help with any other questions if you need it.

What gear ratio do you have?

SOKY_RAM

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
How's it w the 35s? Considering the same lift and tire size. I too have 3.21

It's pretty sluggish compared to stock, but I was prepared for it to be worse that what it actually is. I went from about avg 18-19 mpg's to around 15. I'll take it considering I just traded my FJ cruiser in for this truck and I think I averaged about 14 with it.

It drives best on highway around 55-60 mph. Interstate driving requires staying in the pedal a lot.

Never Summer

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
5.7 hemi
It's pretty sluggish compared to stock, but I was prepared for it to be worse that what it actually is. I went from about avg 18-19 mpg's to around 15. I'll take it considering I just traded my FJ cruiser in for this truck and I think I averaged about 14 with it.

It drives best on highway around 55-60 mph. Interstate driving requires staying in the pedal a lot.

Yea kinda what I suspected. I did want the 3.55-3.92 but I got a really great deal on my 14.

LifeSTRONG

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
LifeStrong- correct me if I am wrong. I thought the regular 5100 rear were for non lifted trucks. Believe I read somewhere on here that there are certain sizes of rear shocks depending on size of lift? Maybe they are all just the same.

be5-6249-h5

Granted they are a little harder to find for cheap like the front.. So honestly I'd either just order them from super lift or use the ones that come with kit.

OP
OP
S

Solid State

Reaction score
Ram Year
2011 Bighorn
Engine
Hemi 5.7
Why rear springs?

Ok, hunting for some additional info. I've seen basically everyone on here saying that putting spacers/blocks in the back isnt the way to go, i.e. RCX. But, why? Can someone help me understand this. Is it angles? If the truck is gonna see pavement 95% of the time, how much does it actually matter? Why are springs better? Thanks guys.