No one ever post about drag racing in the performance section....lol

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

LuisJr

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Got off the phone with Matt and ordered all the above. You all know already, but he is the best of the best at what he does. Answered all my questions and made it too easy to spend the money hahahha

Can't wait to recuperate for a week or two and order a set of long tubes next. If things work out right, should be hitting the strip next weekend!

Luis

Pull Ya

U.S. MARINE VETERAN
Supporting Member
Military
Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
5.7 Hemi
IMHO you went to the most knowledgeable guy around. He doesn't push you or try to over sell anything and I've found all of his advise is always spot on. And if his truck runs in the 10's with the stuff he sells--that's good enough for me.
Jay

LuisJr

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Exactly didnt push me any way. I came in with my own research and he perfectly added to it and made it an easy choice. Goal is to eventually push into the 11s with a Maggie since they are local. I'm sure with his knowledge itll be easy.

I'm excited to get the truck lowered and rear correctly dialed in this week. Should be a good weekend! Especially if I can sneak the LSD in this weekend too.

Luis

Pull Ya

U.S. MARINE VETERAN
Supporting Member
Military
Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
5.7 Hemi
Look around and take a look at Sean Powell's truck(he's Hemifever). The truck did belong to Matt and he sold it to Sean. That truck is a beast--just with bolt on's and maybe a little funny gas and his tune of course, he is running in the low 11's. There may be some pics on the FB page of "High Performance Rams".
Jay

Last edited:

ZAK RUIZ

@project_carnage_2.0
Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
6.7L CUMMINS
I PICKED UP A SET OF FACTORY 17 WHEELS OFF AN 18 RAM 1500. WEBSITE SHOWS THEY ARE 17X7 BUT I PUT A TAPE MEASURE TO THEM AND FROM INSIDE TO OUTSIDE ITS LIKE 8.5.
I AM WANTING TO GO PICK UP A SET OF MICKEY THOMPSON ET STREET R BIAS PLY RADIALS. 28X11.5-17.
WEBSITE SHOWS MIN WHEEL WIDTH 8 INCHES AND MAX OF 10 INCHES.
DO YOU THINK THIS WILL STILL BE SAFE TO RUN?

Wild one

Reaction score
Ram Year
14 Sport
Engine
I PICKED UP A SET OF FACTORY 17 WHEELS OFF AN 18 RAM 1500. WEBSITE SHOWS THEY ARE 17X7 BUT I PUT A TAPE MEASURE TO THEM AND FROM INSIDE TO OUTSIDE ITS LIKE 8.5.
I AM WANTING TO GO PICK UP A SET OF MICKEY THOMPSON ET STREET R BIAS PLY RADIALS. 28X11.5-17.

Rims are measured from the inside edge of the bead to the opposite inside bead edge,thay aren't measured from the outside to the outside. An 11.5 tire is pretty big to stick on a 7" rim,will it work,yes,but it's definitely not optimal.
Mickey Thompson has a cheap 17X9 in these rims,and they're fairly light at 24lbs on my scale.

https://www.mickeythompsontires.com/wheels/classic-iii-black

https://www.mickeythompsontires.com/wheels/classic-iii

Redtruck-VA

Reaction score
Ram Year
2003 & 1989 D250 RWD
Engine
Hemi-5.7, 5.9 12v & 24v diesel
17" wheel, my favorite is 98' Dodge Ram SS/T rim 17x9 from hub cap heaven.20180701_175539.jpg

LuisJr

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine

I might be wrong, but I'm pretty sure Nick (Incredible Hemi) runs the 11.5 on the 17x7 wheels. Check out the FB pages, TunedRams, High Performance Rams etc. Tons of info there. But since I'm in the thread I might as well update my current set up. Hoping to hit Fontana on Sunday for Street Day.

Since I last bumped this thread, I've made some changes:

2015 Express. Hemi/8spd
Greene 91/trans tune
3.21 w/ Mopar LSD
Vararam intake
Belltech 2" front, McG 2" rear cut to 4"
Hellwig rear swaybar
Viking rear shocks
Core Tier 3 lower control arms
Inez brackets, (crap, removed)
Racestar drag pack 17×10, 17×7
MT ET Street R 305/45r17
AFE catted headers into stock exhaust
180* thermostat
Clutch fan delete

The Trinity T2 has me clocked in at a 13.18 back to back to back with different 1/8 mile and 60ft times. Makes me think it isn't all that accurate. My guess is it'll dip into the 12s with summer heat.

Hopefully I'll find out Sunday.

IMG_20190815_200102_642_zps7ggo6xqm.jpg

Screenshot_20190823-170912_Gallery_zpsoiwdvd0c.jpg

Last edited:

Pull Ya

U.S. MARINE VETERAN
Supporting Member
Military
Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
5.7 Hemi
Summer heat sure ain't going to be your friend---LOL
Jay

LuisJr

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Followed directions exact and still had issues with bottoming out. Actually worse than before. Contacted them to explain the issue and had a vague response. Sent them a video and pictures of the upper control arm mount hitting the frame. Per their instructions the upper mounts have to be backed up complete against the mount/axle perch/whatever it's called.

Did that and the arms were perfectly parallel. So the only way for there to be an error is if the holes on the brackets were drilled incorrectly. Had two shops verify, one that did Inez brackets before and couldn't figure it out.

I knew when I recieved two different sized hardware for the sleeved pieces and also once sleeve/bolt that was frozen together, I should have stopped and questioned the brackets. I even resprayed them because the paint on them was horse****.

In reality I would have kept my mouth shut if I just got better service from them. The only person that helped diagnose my issues was Matt at Moes. Now that I've typed this out, its reminding me I need to type out something for him so I can get them returned and more than likely credited towards more stuff with Matt hahah

Luis

Stelios

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi
Followed directions exact and still had issues with bottoming out. Actually worse than before. Contacted them to explain the issue and had a vague response. Sent them a video and pictures of the upper control arm mount hitting the frame. Per their instructions the upper mounts have to be backed up complete against the mount/axle perch/whatever it's called.

Did that and the arms were perfectly parallel. So the only way for there to be an error is if the holes on the brackets were drilled incorrectly. Had two shops verify, one that did Inez brackets before and couldn't figure it out.

I knew when I recieved two different sized hardware for the sleeved pieces and also once sleeve/bolt that was frozen together, I should have stopped and questioned the brackets. I even resprayed them because the paint on them was horse****.

In reality I would have kept my mouth shut if I just got better service from them. The only person that helped diagnose my issues was Matt at Moes. Now that I've typed this out, its reminding me I need to type out something for him so I can get them returned and more than likely credited towards more stuff with Matt hahah

Luis

Wow ok! I'm going to give mine a shot just cause they've been sitting on my floor for like 6 months but definitely good to know.

I've heard some pretty mixed things on them before so not overly surprised and I know how Inez's customer service is from when I emailed them for recommendations and they took over 3 weeks to respond (with a vague answer as well).

I'm just going to take it slow and hopefully, it works out lol. If not I'll be in contact with Matt as well

LuisJr

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
@Stelios

Yeah it sucks I wish Illicit was still around with their brackets. I heard much better results. Hopefully this will get resolved soon with Matt helping out.

More than likely I'll probably take that money and invest it right back to him for more parts. Probably as a fat payment towards a torque converter. Even with the stock cam I think a 3600-3800 would make some big gains on a 8spd truck and be very drivable.

Back to the brackets, I'll end up going to a local 4x4 or chassis shop and get some work done. With 4 links they really need to be parallel at minimum to really shock the tires correctly. At the current power level it's probably not so bad. But once power starts to increase, the geometry will start to become an issue with planting the tires correctly.

Wild one

Reaction score
Ram Year
14 Sport
Engine
@Stelios

Yeah it sucks I wish Illicit was still around with their brackets. I heard much better results. Hopefully this will get resolved soon with Matt helping out.

More than likely I'll probably take that money and invest it right back to him for more parts. Probably as a fat payment towards a torque converter. Even with the stock cam I think a 3600-3800 would make some big gains on a 8spd truck and be very drivable.

Back to the brackets, I'll end up going to a local 4x4 or chassis shop and get some work done. With 4 links they really need to be parallel at minimum to really shock the tires correctly. At the current power level it's probably not so bad. But once power starts to increase, the geometry will start to become an issue with planting the tires correctly.

Track down Ryan's phone number at Illicit,and talk to him.I'm guessing he'll still have all the patterns,and might make you a set .Worth a shot,it's harder for him to say No on the phone then by social media,lol

LuisJr

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
@Wild one

That's what I had in mind lol

Ive slowly started to push it off though, seeing as a few 8spd RCSB guys are running without the brackets and still getting into the mid 1.60s with bad geometry.

I think the next two big mods will be a converter and driveshaft done locally. The old girl just 60fts so lazy with the Street R's. At street pressures and cold, I can flash the converter and its super uneventful lol Makes me feel like I need 150 shot on launch hahah

Luis

Wild one

Reaction score
Ram Year
14 Sport
Engine
@Wild one

That's what I had in mind lol

Ive slowly started to push it off though, seeing as a few 8spd RCSB guys are running without the brackets and still getting into the mid 1.60s with bad geometry.

I think the next two big mods will be a converter and driveshaft done locally. The old girl just 60fts so lazy with the Street R's. At street pressures and cold, I can flash the converter and its super uneventful lol Makes me feel like I need 150 shot on launch hahah

Luis

Mine runs 1.65 60fts,on ****** old 295 et's that have a build date of the 18th day of 2010 on them,on a cold track,lol.The brackets do work,but you have to be kind of **** with how you set them up,as they do have a bit of a fudge factor.

LuisJr

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Mine runs 1.65 60fts,on ****** old 295 et's that have a build date of the 18th day of 2010 on them,on a cold track,lol.The brackets do work,but you have to be kind of **** with how you set them up,as they do have a bit of a fudge factor.

Rick? Lol

dhay13

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
2500 6.4L Hemi 4.10's 'Off-Road'
I did some drag racing in the 90's. 1969 Chevelle. Several engines but most potent was a 650HP 468. Also had a stock LS5 in it and a 500HP 327. 1957 Chevy had a 552HP 393 SBC.

Chevelle-at-Mercer-800x553.jpg
Chevelle-at-Salem-3.jpg
69-Chevelle-800x538.jpg57-Chevy.jpg