Not happy with exhaust needs to be louder

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Buddy

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
I have been waiting for an exhaust tone that I liked.. Sunday I saw the Carven RX-A and ordered it immediately. Sounds Sick! Now I just need some 5" tips from Moe's!

That is awsome!! Gotta respect the impulse buyer!! Kinda like myself:) You have to get various videos up when you get it on the truck, idle on grass, revs, take off, drive by, etc. I think that Carven may have one of the best sounds I have heard on youtube for these trucks.

Btw, I am a big Corsa, Magnaflow, Borla fan. Looks like they have some competition....

riored4v

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
Thanks for the info on Carven. Great sounding exhaust. Going to wait it out to see what the new clamp on kit consists of.

BlownGP

Reaction score
Ram Year
2018 RAM Harvest New Holland Blue
Engine
I have been waiting for an exhaust tone that I liked.. Sunday I saw the Carven RX-A and ordered it immediately. Sounds Sick! Now I just need some 5" tips from Moe's!

Wanna meet up and make some exhaust videos? I need a new one

jsteinm1

Reaction score
Ram Year
2014 Ram 1500 Sport CC
Engine
HEMI 5.7L
:waytogo:

That's only for those who want sick, hot rod loud... uuuhh, sometimes. :naughty:

It's killing me not having this on my truck yet. I need to just drop the hammer on it, screw the budget :D

(The wife is what I'm most scared of though :roflsquared: )

OP
OP
B

badkelly

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7L
I got Manuel cut out on my truck it's great but need long tubes on the truck so it sounds a bit better! Also I got a tube drone hemifever should I give him an email for the no cats LTs?

Tat2hemi

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
Spintech = nasty mean! Love it and yes it's loud, the cut out = extreme nasty mean. Hope to get a video soon.

Tat2hemi

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
Yea man got it done before the weather went to crap, awesome mod! The Wife wasn't to happy with me working on my truck on v-day :) so I didn't get to try get a video, but I did drive it some, when cutout open and cruising it's not very noticeable but when push the pedal down holy ****!! Kinda wish the switch was open/close not hold it for 5 seconds and I notice it collects all the condensation in the pipe so make sure you lubricant it.

riored4v

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
Quick update on the Carven exhaust that was mentioned in here:

The Carven Exhaust sends its thanks to all you followers!

Update:
RA-X Performance Muffler will not longer be available for purchase.

The AR-1 Performance Muffler will now have a adapter option for dual out or dual in using the new carven performance Y collector.

New Products:
RA-X 2009-2015 Ram Trucks (Preorders start 3/20/15)
Includes a mandrel bends integrated using our AR-1 Performance Muffler which will clamp on and replace OEM muffler(no welding required). Along with The Carven Black Signature 4.5" tips which will also clamp on and replace OEM tips.
Sound clips and dyno numbers will be posted at later date.

Carven Y Performance Collector, stainless steel finish & tig welded.

Carven Black Signature Tips, available for weld on applications such as trucks, suv, and sport cars.

Carven RA-X Black Signature Tips, we also be available for purchasing outside of Ram kit.

All Carven Exhaust Tips are powder coated in gloss/satin finish and will also have carven logo on its side.

Kinda bummed that there are no SS tips offered along with the RA-X going away. I was hoping for good things out of the "catback" offering. Hoping I can score an RA-X before they are totally discontinued and then grab some of Moe's 5" SS tips.

*edit* Pulled up their site and they've already pulled down the listings for the RA-X muffler. Crap!

Last edited:

CMil527

Reaction score
Ram Year
2021 RAM 1500 LARAMIE-CC
Engine
5.7 Hemi
Quick update on the Carven exhaust that was mentioned in here:

Kinda bummed that there are no SS tips offered along with the RA-X going away. I was hoping for good things out of the "catback" offering. Hoping I can score an RA-X before they are totally discontinued and then grab some of Moe's 5" SS tips.

*edit* Pulled up their site and they've already pulled down the listings for the RA-X muffler. Crap!

Yeah i'm a bit disappointed myself I guess the dyno results shook out better with the other muffler set up!

RTS001

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
I have one shipping Monday if anyone wants to buy it? I just found out I am moving to California so I have to register my car out there and I know the emissions are strict! It's Shipping Monday should have it next week.

DavidRam

Reaction score
Ram Year
2012 RCSB
Engine
Hemi 5.7
I have one shipping Monday if anyone wants to buy it? I just found out I am moving to California so I have to register my car out there and I know the emissions are strict! It's Shipping Monday should have it next week.

There are no issues with aftermarket mufflers/exhaust in CA. Pretty much everything else is banned though, lol: LT headers, shortie headers (except for JBA), cutouts, cat-less, muffler delete, Vararam, tuners, etc..

riored4v

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
Yeah i'm a bit disappointed myself I guess the dyno results shook out better with the other muffler set up!

Chatted with them some more and they mentioned pretty much the same. They said they think the AR-1 sounds better, so I guess we'll wait and see. They did confirm that they will offer their tips in SS along with black (which I'm happy about).

RTS - if you decide you don't want that muffler, let me know. Thanks!

Last edited: