Not to stir the pot to much

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Selcher

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7 eTorque
Well that's good news at least... so pay the $200 - $300 to have your PCM unlocked and then you can update as you choose going forward... custom tuning and all that...

Yeah, it's a lot more costly but at the end of the day, I'll do it... Tuners have always been one of my favorite mods on these Rams...

What would be the advantage of paying an extra $600 for an entirely new PCM as opposed to just unlocking your own? Can the dealer lock it up again?

CMil527

Reaction score
Ram Year
2021 RAM 1500 LARAMIE-CC
Engine
5.7 Hemi
Well that's good news at least... so pay the $200 - $300 to have your PCM unlocked and then you can update as you choose going forward... custom tuning and all that...

Yeah, it's a lot more costly but at the end of the day, I'll do it... Tuners have always been one of my favorite mods on these Rams...

What would be the advantage of paying an extra $600 for an entirely new PCM as opposed to just unlocking your own? Can the dealer lock it up again?
that would be my guess.. maybe Matt has a better idea than we do?

MyOhFive

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
HEMI

They can see, and void your warranty

Hemi450hp

Moe's Performance
Preferred Vendor
Reaction score
Ram Year
2014 Ram 1500
Engine
Whipple Supercharged 422" Hemi
I'm not sure what is going to happen yet as far as the warranty goes. If you unlock your own PCM, then they will easily see that.

If you get a new PCM, then your stock PCM is going to show a lot less miles than what the truck shows, so I'm not sure if they will be able to put 2 and 2 together and figure out that you have not been driving on that PCM.

I'll see if I can get some info about this from Diablo.

Selcher

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7 eTorque
That would be appreciated...

MyOhFive

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
HEMI
I think it's going to be the same as today, how chill is your dealers service dept and what caused the issue you're having...

Your power windows didn't stop working because you jail broke ur PCM... naa mean?

Selcher

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7 eTorque
Yeah I'm not worried about my dealer being ******* over a tuner... they're chill with that stuff

CMil527

Reaction score
Ram Year
2021 RAM 1500 LARAMIE-CC
Engine
5.7 Hemi
ohh christ... the whole tuning a 15' prospect really sucks at this point! :(

BlownGP

Reaction score
Ram Year
2018 RAM Harvest New Holland Blue
Engine
They will if your mileage doesn't match. Be careful.

Yup, the miles stop counting on your pcm anyways when you tune your truck now. So depending on what your getting donw at the dealer, they could be really be ***** and check that first before they even work on the truck.

The thing is, people need to stop crying about warranty ****. Don't mod your truck if your worried about it. PERIOD!!!

Last edited:

Dubstep Shep

Reaction score
Ram Year
2014 R/T
Engine
5.7L Hemi
The thing, people need to stop crying about warranty ****. Don't mod your truck if your worried about it. PERIOD!!!

God I couldn't agree with this more.

IMO warranties are a joke. They're for people that don't know how to fix their own vehicles, and that isn't me.

Buddy

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
Lol, ummm no they are for people who pay a lot of money for a new vehicle and if something breaks - stuff breaks, thats just life - they don't wanna pay more, let the warranty cover all the costs. So if your transmission were to break your just gonna open it on up and fix 'er up again? Well good luck with that. If my tranny breaks the same time as yours I'll be up and running before you and still have money staying in my pocket.

xrsman

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
3.0 Ecodiesel
Yeah what Buddy said! What if your trucks computer has a melt down? Good luck fixing that!

Our company Jetta just broke down for the 10 time (2012 thing is a huge POS). Anyway this time the diff blew and something punched a hole through the transmission! They had to replace the diff take the tranny apart, put a new case on and then put the gears back in. Thank god for warranty!

Jerry1984

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
I bought lifetime max care warranty so mine will be staying stock. I went through the whole mod a lot stage and this truck is staying pretty stock. Just a muffler swap. Once you start modding it seems to never stop, so I'm just not going to start on this one. Bought the black edition so it looked like I wanted right off the lot.

OP
OP
J

jstacey8

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
hemi 5.7
Well didn't think it would turn out like this but what ever at least I got my reading in for the night but I'll be ordering my tuner from moes with the free hemifever tune and I'll try it for a month or so then I'll try the Greene racing tune and what ever feels better is what I'll run. I don't care about 1/4 times I'm lifted 7 and a half inches on 37's so I'm just looking to get some power back not set land speed records.

doz

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
5.7 Hemi
Well didn't think it would turn out like this but what ever at least I got my reading in for the night but I'll be ordering my tuner from moes with the free hemifever tune and I'll try it for a month or so then I'll try the Greene racing tune and what ever feels better is what I'll run. I don't care about 1/4 times I'm lifted 7 and a half inches on 37's so I'm just looking to get some power back not set land speed records.

Then get gearing and not worry about a tune if you are on 37" tires. Youll get more from gearing than any tune.

sicmadek

Banned
Reaction score
Ram Year
2014 express qc
Engine
hemi 5.7

I wont be surprised if you are denied a hemifever now. Matt and sean dont like people to try out both tunes. Me and thad were ignored by sean once he found out we were dealing with jay. I already compared the 2 at the track.

Hemi450hp

Moe's Performance
Preferred Vendor
Reaction score
Ram Year
2014 Ram 1500
Engine
Whipple Supercharged 422" Hemi
I wont be surprised if you are denied a hemifever now. Matt and sean dont like people to try out both tunes. Me and thad were ignored by sean once he found out we were dealing with jay. I already compared the 2 at the track.

Sean isn't sending you any more tunes because you have done nothing but bad mouth him and his work since day 1...it has nothing to do with whoever else you are getting tunes from. Why would he or any other business continue to try to help someone that does nothing but talk bad about them?

xrsman

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
3.0 Ecodiesel
Simple, just don't say who you are on the forum lol. You'll be happy with your hemifever man! Sean gets back to you very quick! Usually I would send him the logs around 7 pm and in the morning I'd have the new tune! The last revision he said he said "you're going to like this one" haha and he was right!

sicmadek

Banned
Reaction score
Ram Year
2014 express qc
Engine
hemi 5.7
Sean isn't sending you any more tunes because you have done nothing but bad mouth him and his work since day 1...it has nothing to do with whoever else you are getting tunes from. Why would he or any other business continue to try to help someone that does nothing but talk bad about them?

So that makes it ok to stop a service i paid for? He was a **** to me since day one. If Sean would have been a decent person to work with then i never would have needed another tuner. I am way happier now with my trucks performance and the service i get from my tuner. Sean is a joke without you to hide behind. What do i gain from taking up for jay and his work? Nothing. What do you get from defending sean? $$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$