OEM Bed Light Kit

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Charles Saucier

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
Got my bed light kit in for my 2018 Express today and looked under truck for connections that I thought were right there. All I see is a larger empty socket behind the license plate. Am I missing some thing or do I have to run a cable all the way back to the under dash connection.

kad

Supporting Member
Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
5.7L HEMI
Some trucks have the wiring there, some do not. I seem to recall that it's the HD series that usually have it present even when the lights aren't there from the factory. If it's not there then yup, you need to run the wiring that the kit usually comes with. Either way you also need to have the dealer activate the sales code or use AlphaOBD to turn it on yourself.

-K

mjf6175

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
cummins
Some trucks have the wiring there, some do not. I seem to recall that it's the HD series that usually have it present even when the lights aren't there from the factory. If it's not there then yup, you need to run the wiring that the kit usually comes with. Either way you also need to have the dealer activate the sales code or use AlphaOBD to turn it on yourself.

-K

The HD Rams ( 2500 and 3500 ) 2016 and newer have the connectors under the bed in the rear corners even if the truck does not have the OEM factory bed light option. 1500 Rams do not, no matter which year.

Reactions: kad

heefageLA

Reaction score
Ram Year
05, 14, 17, 20, 23
https://www.ramforum.com/threads/installing-led-bed-lights-question.76561/

Heres the thread you're looking for.

" tied mine into the cargo light wires (WT/TN - if I remember correctly), under the drivers side rear door sill. "

" I tapped into the cargo light wire (WT/TAN) under the drivers side front door sill and went through the E brake grommet and followed stock wiring back and went up behind the taillight and into the bed. "