Oh Look what UPS just dropped off!

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

OP
OP
tourrider

tourrider

Grumpy
Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
CTD 6.7
Didn't get far today. Decided I needed to mow the property while I had a fairly dry day.
Just performed the bench assembly. Now I have to crawl under the truck :)

airbag_sub.jpg

NapaRam

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
3.6L V6
Very nice! If you don't plan to tow anything can these help your overall ride or are they really only needed in towing situations?

OP
OP
tourrider

tourrider

Grumpy
Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
CTD 6.7
Very nice! If you don't plan to tow anything can these help your overall ride or are they really only needed in towing situations?

Air springs will not improve the unloaded ride quality. They are used to compensate for payload hauling.

With that said, I think with factory air springs they soften the leaf spring, which then may help the unloaded ride. I not positive on that!

crash68

ACME product engineer
Staff member
Administrator
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
3.0 EcoDiesel
I think with factory air springs they soften the leaf spring, which then may help the unloaded ride. I not positive on that!

On the factory air suspension there are no springs. The system is sealed and uses nitrogen. If something breaks, the truck suspension bottoms out.

RoadRamblerNJ

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
392 Hemi
One of the reasons I didn't want that. But that's just me.

OP looking good man!
I'm with you GsRAM. Don't like immediate and potentially catastrophic events.

Had a Right Rear wheel break off all 5 studs and leave the vehicle at 55 mph. Steered my ass off to not hit the cement divider. Tire shop just put new 15x10 Cragar SS rims on my Camaro and didn't seat the lug nuts right. Once is enough.

GsRAM

Reaction score
Ram Year
2017 Dodge Ram 2500
Engine
Hemi, 6.4L
I'm with you GsRAM. Don't like immediate and potentially catastrophic events.

Had a Right Rear wheel break off all 5 studs and leave the vehicle at 55 mph. Steered my ass off to not hit the cement divider. Tire shop just put new 15x10 Cragar SS rims on my Camaro and didn't seat the lug nuts right. Once is enough.

Yep everyone is different. Me I'm old school. I had a 2000 expedition Eddie Bauer with Ford's air ride and hated it. Always worrying if the compressor would work and air my suspension up so I could drive it. Like anything else stuff becomes less reliable as it ages....i had to keep the truck running so it wouldn't air down when i was trying to hook up my TT, and other reasons it's just not for me personally but to each their own.

reloaderguy

Reaction score
Ram Year
2016 Power Wagon
Engine
6.4 Hemi
2500's with factory air ride use air bags as primary springs. 3500's with factory air ride have minimal leaf springs and helper airbags.

werdna1977

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
5.7 hemi
Air springs will not improve the unloaded ride quality. They are used to compensate for payload hauling.

With that said, I think with factory air springs they soften the leaf spring, which then may help the unloaded ride. I not positive on that!

They actually do help with ride quality, they help eliminate body roll when in use without load. I have them in my 18 ram sport 1500 and they help with mine at least

Sportznut

Reaction score
Ram Year
2019 Laramie
Engine
Hemi 5.7
I wonder if my air ride suspension is covered under the warranty or will be if I buy the extended warranty?

Sent from my SM-N920V using Tapatalk