Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

duckman631

Reaction score
Ram Year
2016 Big Horn Crew Cab
Engine
Hemi 5.7 K&N Cold Air Intake.
Just wondering since we have 2014 and 2106 hemis. Both have been using conventional oil. Is it ok to get an oil change that uses a synthetic blend? I noticed now the dealers by me only offer synthetic blend or full synthetic oil changes and I usually go to an express oil change place that uses conventional also. Since I’m getting work done at dealer, I was going to have them do an oil change but not sure if it’s ok for them to go with a synthetic blend since prior oil changes have all been conventional. Does it matter?

thanks

Sherman Bird

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Just wondering since we have 2014 and 2106 hemis. Both have been using conventional oil. Is it ok to get an oil change that uses a synthetic blend? I noticed now the dealers by me only offer synthetic blend or full synthetic oil changes and I usually go to an express oil change place that uses conventional also. Since I’m getting work done at dealer, I was going to have them do an oil change but not sure if it’s ok for them to go with a synthetic blend since prior oil changes have all been conventional. Does it matter?

thanks

Perfectly OK

misfit77

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
Agreed. Go synthetic

Sent from my moto g power using Tapatalk

audiophile

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
5.7L
As others have said, no issues switching back and forth from conventional to blend to full synthetic, but stay with full synthetic. Much better choice.

Sent from my SM-G955U using Tapatalk

Octane

Reaction score
I buy 6 qt boxes of Havoline pro ds synthetic for 19.95 at wallyworld.

AE5548

Supporting Member
Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
Good info here. As others have said. No issues mixing but just go full synthetic or don't. The blend is just a way to make some more $$ off of you.