OK, ok...I finally got the brake caliper covers (pics)

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

OP
OP
Sir John

Sir John

Reaction score
Ram Year
2016 1500 Rebel "Mopar 16" Special Edition
Engine
Hemi 5.7
:superhack:
For those who think painting calipers is a good alternate, try it. It's a lot of work, they look good for 6 months and then you'll be ordering these covers to hide them... Ask me how I know. ;)

Lol...I was going to say this too.

Last edited:
OP
OP
Sir John

Sir John

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
Nah, you're right. I'm laughing harder at the guy who spends hard-earned money on the high-end caliper covers :roflsquared:

Its a purely aesthetic modification that gives the brakes the look of a high-performance aftermarket caliper. Those kind of mods never suited my fancy. If you like em, that's what counts. Don't let my opinion make you regret spending a couple hundred dollars on brakes for zero braking improvement.

If I was worried about "braking improvement" I would had done something about it. It was a purely aesthetic modification, as you noted. Also, I make enough "hard-earned money" that I can blow it on whatever I want. Your attitude insults most of the guys on this site.

I enjoy it when people try to be all clever & witty and just end up sounding like an *******. Luckily the vast majority of the guys on this site aren't like you.

Graygoose

Indecisive Car Owner
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Ram Year
Convert, for now.
Engine
small
Nah, you're right. I'm laughing harder at the guy who spends hard-earned money on the high-end caliper covers :roflsquared:

Its a purely aesthetic modification that gives the brakes the look of a high-performance aftermarket caliper. Those kind of mods never suited my fancy. If you like em, that's what counts. Don't let my opinion make you regret spending a couple hundred dollars on brakes for zero braking improvement.
Most mods people do are purely aesthetic.
It hides the ugly stock calipers, they don't resemble anything other than an alternative to seeing ugly calipers.
And like Sir John, I'm fine with your disapproval...you don't make our payments, so we don't care what you think.
:baby:

Attachments

• 20160402_132111.jpg
    20160402_132111.jpg
    98.1 KB · Views: 106

dkmesa

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Glad you guys can sleep at night knowing some stranger on the internet thinks your caliper covers look silly.

DavidRam

Reaction score
Ram Year
2012 RCSB
Engine
Hemi 5.7

I don't think the object of these MGPs is to make the brakes look like high performance calipers, they are simple covers that hide the ugly calipers. If $179 is a lot of money, than we probably shouldn't be buying $30-$40k trucks...
AND they actually do have a function - they reduce brake dust on the wheels (at least they did on my truck), so the wheels stay clean longer.

Last edited:
OP
OP
Sir John

Sir John

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
Glad you guys can sleep at night knowing some stranger on the internet thinks your caliper covers look silly.

still trying to be witty... :shrug:

RR7_905RAM

Reaction score
Ram Year
2018 Sport
Engine
Hemi 5.7
I was on a tuner forum and some guy did this and it did not go over very well lol. The truck crowd certainly has different opinions of them.

Looks good!

dkmesa

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
I was on a tuner forum and some guy did this and it did not go over very well lol. The truck crowd certainly has different opinions of them.

Looks good!

Ricer mod 101 in the Z world as well.

dkmesa

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
I've been eyeing these things for a couple of years now but could never bring myself to pay $200 for them. So I got them for $179! Lol

What do you guys think? :happy107:

still trying to be witty... :shrug:

Asks for opinions on an internet forum...thinks anyone whose opinion isn't the same as theirs is being an *******. Also doesn't understand why someone is being sarcastic on the internet. You're winning my man :happy107:

Hemi395

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
5.7 Hemi
My coworker had those covers on his 13 Laramie and they hold really well even in harsh winters. And yes, they do keep the wheels cleaner. Looks good!

VegasDragger45

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Looks good man, I've had my black set for about 10 months now and still look great. Will be replacing with red hopefully this weekend

VegasDragger45

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Most mods people do are purely aesthetic.
It hides the ugly stock calipers, they don't resemble anything other than an alternative to seeing ugly calipers.
And like Sir John, I'm fine with your disapproval...you don't make our payments, so we don't care what you think.
:baby:

That's a nice setup, Looks similar to my new wheels. :happy107::happy107:

Informal

Reaction score
Ram Year
2015 Sport 4x4
Engine
Hemi 5.7

So if someone keys your truck.... You can just grab a can of krylon primer and hit it right?

I mean... It'll stop the rust most likely.... Paying for a re-paint would be silly, cause:

No HP gain in that right? :roflsquared:

OP
OP
Sir John

Sir John

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
Asks for opinions on an internet forum...thinks anyone whose opinion isn't the same as theirs is being an *******. Also doesn't understand why someone is being sarcastic on the internet. You're winning my man :happy107:

My buddies and family are sarcastic.....strangers just get their teeth knocked out. :favorites13:

But you're right. I did ask for opinions and like assholes, everybody has them. :love51:

hunter99

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
I like them but like everyone else I cannot bring myself to pay $200 for them. I think they look fine and there are other things that people do that are for looks as well.

My only gripe, as I stated, is they are not a $200 item. They are probably more a $40-50 a set item. As I said I think they look good and I like the red on black.

As for Painted calipers, I have another car with a et of high end brand, painted calipers. They have places where the paint is flaking off. Painting, even professionally, ain't always the **** either. Plus you ever had to keep Painted calipers looking nice? Try that and tell me how it goes. Major pain in the rear.

I would love a set of Bear brakes but at $4k a pop not going to happen anytime soon. I would do these in heartbeat if cheaper.

OP
OP
Sir John

Sir John

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
I like them but like everyone else I cannot bring myself to pay $200 for them. I think they look fine and there are other things that people do that are for looks as well.

My only gripe, as I stated, is they are not a $200 item. They are probably more a $40-50 a set item. As I said I think they look good and I like the red on black.

As for Painted calipers, I have another car with a et of high end brand, painted calipers. They have places where the paint is flaking off. Painting, even professionally, ain't always the **** either. Plus you ever had to keep Painted calipers looking nice? Try that and tell me how it goes. Major pain in the rear.

I would love a set of Bear brakes but at $4k a pop not going to happen anytime soon. I would do these in heartbeat if cheaper.

I agree with pretty much everything you said here. I was thinking they should be around $80ish for the set, but i had the extra money laying around so I just bought them.