one touch window

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

redram99

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
driver side one touch up stopped working but still goes up and down is that an easy fix just plug in switch$$

SitKneelBend

Military
Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
3.6 Pentastar
driver side one touch up stopped working but still goes up and down is that an easy fix just plug in switch$$
Even easier, raise it all the way up. Lower it and hold the button for 10 seconds after it's completely lowered. Raise it and hold the button for 10 seconds after it's raised. Should work now...

Yardbird

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Is there a way to turn one touch off? Every time I try to crack the window it shoots down. There I am going up and down trying to get it where I want.

It goes up so fast I can't get it stopped where I want it either.

SitKneelBend

Military
Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
3.6 Pentastar
Is there a way to turn one touch off? Every time I try to crack the window it shoots down. There I am going up and down trying to get it where I want.

I think impeding its upward movement will turn off the feature until it is recalibrated as I mentioned earlier. If it detects an obstruction it will not one touch until reset...

Last edited:

Yardbird

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Use something soft if you are going to put it in channel. It's meant to stop the windows upward movement if a body part gets in there but something hard might break the glass.
I'll get in the truck, roll down the window, then ask my wife to hand me a bottled water through the window while I have my finger on the up switch.

Adamcr68

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemifever 5.7

The hold button fix works for me, it’s my passenger side that quits once in a while.
Stopping the windows, at least on my truck-2015, a quick tap/ pull on the switch regardless of opening or closing the window will stop it where I want.
Example: My window is all the way down, hit the switch long enough to engage auto, then can lift switch again to stop auto close where I choose. Trying to push down while raising window works too, but sometimes I’ll push to hard & end up reversing what I’m trying to do.
Lifting or pushing the switch in same direction seems like lt shouldn’t work, but acts like a stop switch, on my truck.